( search forums )
Weapon Charge
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Camping_Carl
September 15, 2003, 11:00 pm
Usually in games i like it when you can charge your gun like your pistol are something and it takes more time to charge and it takes more ammo but its alot stronger and shoots in a bigger range.

I think this would be a cool idea like you hold down the button instead of just clicking and it charges like the barret would shot in a bigger range are be faster and shoot solid strait are you could charge your ak and it will let loose a big huge spray of bullets in one blast. I dont know if this would be possibal seems like it would be a cool extra.

Dragon88
September 15, 2003, 11:13 pm
absolutely not. NO NO NO. I would ruin soldat as we know it.

SERIAL KILLeR
September 16, 2003, 9:14 am
No! this isnt necesairy its fine the way it is.
And its unrealistic its more for science fiction weapons.

Chakra
September 16, 2003, 9:42 am
Could be interesting for snipers...like in Half Life's TFC sniper, having to hold down the mouse button to charge for the more powerful one-hit kill. Don't think it'd work for 'assault' weapons though..

Gaah
September 16, 2003, 9:52 am
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Sorry, just being like the people who BLOCK new ideas. Why don't you say why or give an alternative instead of saying NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Cr4cK
September 16, 2003, 9:53 am
Just for barret! like chakra said! BRILLIANT!

Meandor
September 16, 2003, 12:06 pm
Wow, so people will camp, get a uber maga charge, and take out the whole attacking team. How funneh. And anyway this game ain't nerf arena or the aliens invaded my bathroom.

Dark_Noddy
September 16, 2003, 2:15 pm
No ! Soldat = Get a Gun and Have Some Killin spree Fun !! Thats What I like Bout it ! DONT [:-censored]ING CHANGE IT !

Mr G
September 16, 2003, 5:36 pm
just as everyone else:
NO!!!

it would promote camping, spawn-killing, as for overpowering the barret

sauron_the_deceiver
September 16, 2003, 6:32 pm
I hope you are fooling around CC. I really do...

Camping_Carl
January 6, 2004, 5:24 am
er... no i like charging the guns in games.. well i only use the barret and thats what i was talking about.

AerialAssault
January 6, 2004, 9:33 pm
no.

Yin_Starrunner
January 6, 2004, 11:15 pm
*sigh* do i even need to say it?

Silent-Thunder
January 7, 2004, 1:48 am
i'm with Yin the imbalances it would cause would ruin soldat as we know it.

Gaah
January 7, 2004, 3:24 am
Maybe only for selected guns or maybe only for one gun. The SOCOM? Hehehehe...

Sekushi
January 7, 2004, 5:05 am
Uh, no?

Gaah
January 7, 2004, 5:12 am
Uh, shutup... How would it work with a fully auto gun? You gun into battle, holding down fire, but nothing comes out. You get shot and die. Would be ok... just, but only if it were for a special gun, but seeing as though there probably isn't a gun in circulation that "charges" up a bullet the longer the trigger is held down.

Camping_Carl
January 8, 2004, 3:42 pm
IT WOULD BE AWESOME.... i mean it would take a while to charge and once you have it charged you let go and boom shoots the enemy to pieces

3rd_account
January 9, 2004, 12:24 am
Yes it would be awesome.. if we played Quake or ran around with railguns like a bunch of sissies. But in Soldat? Neeh...
Ever seen someone charging up a MP5 before jumping into battle? No! A AK-74? No! Ruger? No! Barret? No! etc.

Sithak
January 9, 2004, 6:03 am
yea cc it would cool if u charged it and it send a lighting, electric blanket on the ground coverng the ground ^_^

Roy
January 9, 2004, 9:35 am
No. People would just run around with charged weapons blasting away the first chance they got.

But, how about this instead? A new weapon with a charge feature, like a bow/crossbow. The longer you "charge" the bow, the faster, farther, and more powerful the arrow is. That way how long you hold the fire button would majorly impact how far and straight it flew. The catch would be that if you "overcharged" the bow, it misfires, so you can run around all the time with a fully charged bow. Just throwing an idea out there.

gunny
January 9, 2004, 11:55 pm
that would completely destroy soldat's gameplay.
and that is what soldat is all about
gameplay.no

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 10, 2004, 11:17 am
why not just for snipers this would stop the sniping... if u fire without charging with sniper half-of-targetlife-goes but if u charge all life goes...

HOBBES
January 10, 2004, 3:03 pm
NO! IT WOULDN`T BE REALISTIC ANYMORE

-SPI-
January 12, 2004, 1:14 am
For the bow it makes sense, the only prob is that the bow is already an uber weapon in its own right. Perhaps if the bow was a normal bow (but who wants that?) Also perhaps for a big strike with the katana (from the katana thread), not that the katana is even there.

But for guns no. Go back to marathon's fusion pistol.