( search forums )
Not working
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
dragonfire5566
September 17, 2003, 1:42 am
Grr. How come my Soldat isnt working? I changed the server thing that Michal said to change to like lobby.safeland.org.... but it still isnt working.. is it because something else is wrong or that soldat is making a new version or somethin?

N1nj@
September 17, 2003, 1:49 am
post this in the need report forum

but anyway, what does it say? like did you get an error or anything?

BManx2000
September 17, 2003, 2:13 am
It sounds like he needs ASE.

mr_bob
September 17, 2003, 2:15 am
sounds like his ports are blocked

CardBoardWarrior
September 17, 2003, 2:36 am
Maybe you justed typed it wrong. Make shure you didnt, i guess. And yes ^^^ it could be your ports if you have a firewall.

NightCabbage
September 17, 2003, 9:45 am
There are a few people that for some odd reason cannot use the lobby at the moment.

You can use ASE instead for now:

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/

dragonfire5566
September 18, 2003, 1:33 am
Night.. i have ASE now, and whenever i join a game it says like, "Access Violation at (some number)" after 5 seconds of being in the game...... Help please :/

NightCabbage
September 18, 2003, 10:34 am
Well, this problem is not ASE related.

There are a few causes of it though.

Sometimes if you have something Soldat doesn't like running in the background, Soldat sill die a horrible death :P
So close as many programs down as possible before playing (Ctrl+Alt+Del and use task manager is needed).

Soldat has in-built anti-cheat protection, so make sure you don't have any suspicious programs running... eg. hex editors, memory finders, trainers, disassemblers, packer sniffers, etc.

Make sure you're running the latest drivers for your video card, and DirectX 9.0b

If all else fails:

Steps to solve access violation problems:
1. Uninstall soldat
2. Install soldat 1.1.5 + fix
3. Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system32' folder
4. Delete the file dxlog.chk in the 'windows' folder