( search forums )
Just few ideas.......
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
choco
September 17, 2003, 12:38 pm
ok no 1 the barret seems to have become dommanant over all weapons, its rare that a sniper will miss, so i propose that we lower the barrets damage to 90% but the catch is armour has no effect on barret bullets and the reload time is 1/5th faster

next up to even out the balance more perhaps increase the damage of majot automatic weapons (not minigun) by say about 5, this would allow cooperation between snipers (assault rifle user runs in and opens fire hitting once or twice then the sniper goes in for the kill, or vice versa

picking up dead bodys as armour, has been posted before but id like to give my version of it, to errrr..use the dead body at least the torso must remain, whilst using the body you are unable to move but can fire from behind it, to pick it up u must crouch, also note the body can be shot to pieces while youre holding it (another way to encourage automatic and semi auto weapons)

Bring on the moltov cocktails!!!!

one more thing, to note completely nerf sniper rifles, from the shoulders up is an instant kill maybe (only sniper) hehehe

CbbLe
September 17, 2003, 1:09 pm
wait for new version to see if there are any changes there.

Element_101
September 17, 2003, 3:39 pm
I think that the spaz 12 and the hk mp5 are a little under rated compared to all the other guns.

sauron_the_deceiver
September 17, 2003, 4:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by CbbLe
wait for new version to see if there are any changes there.

=)

that fuking sniper
September 18, 2003, 12:51 am
quote:Originally posted by choco
so i propose that we lower the barrets damage to 90% but the catch is armour has no effect on barret bullets and the reload time is 1/5th faster

No can do, barret must be a 1-shot-kill, it cant be otherwise, its a 1 shot in 4 seconds multiply 4 by 5, you get almost a second, you expect enyone would use it if it took slightly more than 6 seconds to land 2 shots that must hit in order to kill someone?

The problem today with the barret is that too many people get attracted to it, that is because of various upgrades and additions that were added to it over the patches.

And as a tester, I assure you that automatics will be more effective in 1.1.6.

IRRiTANT
September 18, 2003, 5:42 pm
Those changes would make the barret useless! as sniper says. I find the best weapon against snipers is the M79 because you can hit them indirectly. . . . . On your idea about corpse's being used as armour, hmmmm I think someones taking there computer games a little too seriously :-/ HOWEVER I do support the idea of molitovs being introduced into the game. They would be so much fun!

IRRiTANT
September 18, 2003, 5:44 pm
Those changes would make the barret useless! as sniper says. I find the best weapon against snipers is the M79 because you can hit them indirectly. . . . . On your idea about corpse's being used as armour, hmmmm I think someones taking there computer games a little too seriously :-/ HOWEVER I do support the idea of molitovs being introduced into the game. They would be so much fun!