( search forums )
StickArena - Need Help..
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
eyic
September 20, 2003, 12:38 pm
Ok i've been inspired by M and Enjoy and have started using Game Maker once again, but the problem is i dont know sh!t, i've basically made a level and my stickman with a gun, in the level but i cant get the stickman to move, heres a Screenshot:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] stickarena-screen.JPG12.78 KB

btw the game is called StickArena, and im continuesly tryign to fregin make it work :P

Experienced Game Maker Gurus please contact me on msn if u want to help me in StickArena, i basically want to be able to learn how the variables and coding works in game maker, and how i can make my guy move aroudn and jump on the platforms :)

And No I cant read the gayass help files, coz they stink like poo poo and they dun make sense..

SERIAL KILLeR
September 20, 2003, 12:44 pm
make an object and click it.
Then u have to add events.
open the pacman.gmd file and see how that it works there

http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/serial%20killer/2003920124653_gm.gif

eyic
September 20, 2003, 12:52 pm
ok well basically i tried puting one of those keyboard press thingos and made it that when u press the left arrow it should move left, but it didnt, oh and the way the pacman thingo is, it keeps moving left, and i want mine to only move left once when pressed once..

more help would really be appreciated!!!!!

SERIAL KILLeR
September 20, 2003, 1:09 pm
maybe u can add an event when u release the button it stops moving.
But i realy dont know cause i only have gamemaker for 2 days

BMF
September 20, 2003, 3:23 pm
you cant make a good game out of the game maker. Its like RPG maker 2000. First time you play a game its nice. But the second or third time you get so bored you want to head-butt the monitor

enjoyincubus
September 20, 2003, 3:40 pm
quote:you cant make a good game out of the game maker. Its like RPG maker 2000. First time you play a game its nice. But the second or third time you get so bored you want to head-butt the monitor

Oh come on...that's the biggest load of bs I've heard in a while...there are lots of cool games made with GM...go to the forums. There's a game going around called Jetz Rampage, which is really fun. There are some GTA type games going on. There's an awesome MMORPG that's nearing completion. I've made some 3rd Person (3D) games...or at least worked on them. There are CD players, and even some mock-up OS's that are being made. It's a good program for people to use to get a good start with programming. Though it's not the same as working with C++ and may run a little slow, it's still very good, and free.

M
September 20, 2003, 3:53 pm
Search for platform examples and you can see. Here is a good site for examples.
http://galileo.spaceports.com/~csos/gm_examples.htm
Here is a good FAQ for Game maker.
http://gmc.madladdesigns.co.uk/
And on this page there are tutorials for creating game.
www.gamemaker.nl

sauron_the_deceiver
September 20, 2003, 8:35 pm
For those who care, IRRiTANT is amazing with GameMaker.

www.irritant-industries.cjb.net - You can download a kick ass Matrix screensaver he made. That is proof of a powerful piece of software.

eyic
September 20, 2003, 11:40 pm
dude M, i told u i cant understand a word they say in the help files, they stink like "poo poo"

stalky and enjoy message me on msn and please help me in StickArena!!!

M
September 21, 2003, 7:47 am
hey eyic .Gimme you .gmd on Waypointman@yahoo.com and i will make the character move, i will add some AI shooting at you or on them self, i will add you a screene taker, or maybe other things.

eyic
September 21, 2003, 8:29 am
thanks M!
hey M u got msn? ill send u it on msn if u have it..

M
September 21, 2003, 12:01 pm
Nope.

eyic
September 21, 2003, 12:05 pm
i really wanna create the game by my self, but i need more help, as i said before the help files stink just like poo poo :|

M
September 21, 2003, 12:12 pm
Send it to mee i will add some things and you will see how it works.

sauron_the_deceiver
September 21, 2003, 11:10 pm
M, he said he wants to do it himself, not let you do it and him watch =)

Eyic, when I next see you online I'll message you...seems you must be at school at this moment though...

eyic
September 21, 2003, 11:33 pm
im at school right now, i might be online in lets say 7-8 hours :D
its still morning and im typing this befoe roll call :P

NightCabbage
September 22, 2003, 12:49 am
lol - one day when I'm really bored I might look at GM...

BManx2000
September 22, 2003, 1:49 am
I was bored today and I looked at it. Now I'm making a crap game, too!
yay

NuZZ
September 22, 2003, 2:34 am
Hmmm, i coukd of swore that I posted some helpful things here... I don't know what happened...
Better lay of the rum 4 1 day :)

NightCabbage
September 22, 2003, 11:55 am
lol NuZZ

but there are few topics going around about GM...