( search forums )
Player Finder Idea!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Hanz
September 22, 2003, 12:11 am
Why not make it so that you could type in a players name and it would find what server they are currently playing on. If they are not playing then obviously nothing would show up. But if there were people with the same name then it would just show what servers they are all in. I dont know if this can be done with the ASE or not. Let me know if this is possible to do because I am unsure about how or if it can be accomplished. Just another thought brought to you by everyones favorite MOMA!

eyic
September 22, 2003, 1:47 am
it can be done in ASE, but in ase its not very accurate unless u register it, but u can get people in ur buddly list and it would automatically tell u were they r..

but i'd really like this feature in the lobby as well :D

JayBDey
September 22, 2003, 2:25 am
You dont HAVE to register it ;)

Hiroshto
September 22, 2003, 2:54 am
Good idea, why not have a list of players names that are playing on each server so you if there is 2 servers called "Soldat Server" you can see which one yaw friend is in.

Haro1121
September 22, 2003, 3:43 am
since when do people join servers called soldat server lol =P,ya ASE has a search function but half the time u cant find them even though u know there playing

Gaso
September 22, 2003, 4:27 am
All seeing eye is good enough, and there is other ways too with what ur friends can inform u where they r going to play... Like mirc away message, and u can set public away thingied from all seeing eye settings what does say every time to chan where u r going play, but i dont like pubilc aways so i just changed lil so it goes now to automaticly in da away message... Then there is those msn thingies, that msn + where u can set reason to being away/busy/whatever ... And it Ase does the work u can find every1 whos on da servers what have been set to "register server with ase" thingie...

-If u understanded me, i apologize or wtf was that, this my bad english...

Hiroshto
September 22, 2003, 4:31 am
no, you made a really good point, when you open a server, instead of going straight into it, it goes to another screen with chat capabilities. So you can do last minute alterations before entering the game.

mr_bob
September 22, 2003, 4:32 am
ok im tired of reading all of that so if this was already said im really not sorry and i dont want to hear u bitch about it

but his all could be accomplished with an id system( which i have said soooo many [:-censored]ing times before but b/c all i do is flame no one reads)

but many other things could be accomplished with an id system

this for one thing would emlimanate the possiblaity of find 2 people with the same name but not the same person(just nod and agree cuz i dont care if u dont understand)

but if u do read this it could happen someone just needs to find a way to convenice michal about it