( search forums )
No one can connect
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Spooky
September 22, 2003, 7:50 am
I'm not sure what the problem is. It could be the router (lynksis... don't have the password... can't get into it to force open port 23073... or my roomate TELLS me that...), it could be comcast cable, it could even be just some general error on the client side.

the problem is that i have a GOOD connection and i wanna share the proverbal wealth.

also, if it means anything, my servers never say they're being registered in the lobby......

help?

NightCabbage
September 23, 2003, 1:03 am
Sounds like router or firewall problems.

Do you run a software firewall at all?

Spooky
September 24, 2003, 8:27 pm
nope. none.

and if it's on the lynksis router side, i can't access it due to the need of a password that i doin't have and i lost the manual.

i ocnsidered trying other ports thatn 23703 but there's no reason for that to be clsoed in the first place.

eh.

j00f00
September 25, 2003, 5:37 am
Does the router have browser-based access? If so, you can find the IP, and reconfigure it without the manual.

NightCabbage
September 25, 2003, 8:00 am
Yes, but he doesn't have the password :P

bigharrymonkey
September 25, 2003, 5:07 pm
My linksys is 192.168.1.1
The username is blank if unchanged and the password is "admin".

j00f00
September 26, 2003, 1:21 am
Even if it's passworded, there's always a way to either reset the router or get the password. Do you think unplugging it would enable you to re-do the initial config (if there was one, that is)? If all else fails, you can always call up linksys tech support or go on the biggest quest for a manual ever known to man. ^^;;

EDIT: Wait, you have the password, now what?

NightCabbage
September 26, 2003, 9:31 am
Well, Spooky now has bigharrymonkey's password :P

But it's worth a try, it might just work - providing it hasn't bene changed...

toadsMoke
September 26, 2003, 4:17 pm
Spooky, could to read the bottom of the router. There should be a sticker. Could you give us the model and make?

For example, I have a d-link DI-704P router, revision B

[IMAGE]

bigharrymonkey
September 26, 2003, 8:45 pm
Oh crap, I gave out my router password. No wait, I changed it. HA! It's now SOLDAT. Oh crap!

Spooky
October 26, 2003, 9:47 pm
ACK! sorry i just gave up on this for a while

none the less: it's a Lynksis befsr41 revision 2

that help any?

and how do i access it as far as finding its IP provided it does have a default username/pass

Silk
December 2, 2003, 4:55 am
If worst comes to worst you can reset the modem, that way it will revert back to the default password.

toadsMoke
December 3, 2003, 4:01 am
i think your roommate is lying. =P

goto IE and goto http://192.168.1.1

and enter the password: admin

then goto port fowarding and forward these ports to your computer: 23073, 23083, 27243-27245, 23196

if this password doesn't work, post here and I can help you reset and reconfigure your router, then forward the correct ports.