( search forums )
server problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Donnie
September 25, 2003, 8:20 am
I just got a new computer n I got problems with my server (sv|clanserver (Donnie)). When i create a server most of the times ppl can't join.

I don't now if this helps: In the lobby it says that my port is 23083, but I went 2 config n change it back 2 default port (23073) ut it was already defualt port, n i have retyped it n klicked save n exit but still its 23083 :/ I dont now if this has nothing 2 with my server ass [:-censored]in.

plz help [:X]
So ppl can join my great 10mb server [:D]

ReDevil
September 25, 2003, 9:20 am
wow? 10mb server? everyone starts helpinh him! :P

you can try to reinstall soldat, if it wont work i will tell you something else to do, because one time my server was the same. noone could join.

NightCabbage
September 25, 2003, 9:24 am
hmmmmm, that's weird.

Do you run a standard windows dedicated?

Donnie
September 25, 2003, 9:28 am
Both normal soldat n dedicated server. They see my server in lobby n it just says requesting when they try 2 connect. Time 2 time they all get in, but most times they don't :/

ReDevil
September 25, 2003, 10:09 am
i had the same thing all the time! are you using All Seiing Eye?

Donnie
September 25, 2003, 1:49 pm
yes. but is the other ppl that can't come in. I won't 2 share my 10mb blessing :D So everybody can have less lag n can enjoy the game.

SOLDAT 4 EVERYBODY =)
p.s. except n00bs Muhahaha!!!

NightCabbage
September 26, 2003, 12:47 am
k, are you running a software firewall?
Or are you using a router? With an in-built firewall?

Donnie
September 26, 2003, 8:18 am
No routers, no network (1 super computer only =) The old 1 is trashed!), no software firewall. As I said b4 it works sometimes, so it can't be a firewall n I did never had this problem with my old computer (whyyyyyyyy did I trash u :/)

NightCabbage
September 26, 2003, 9:06 am
Did your old trashed compy work with the same connection?

If not, then it sounds a lot like the problem a friend of mine is having.

The deal there is that his ISP have blocked some ports on their end, so you might need to at least ask the question.

But if it did, then try using this program to force some of your ports open:

http://www.puffinsoft.com/DXport-102.exe

See if that helps

Donnie
September 26, 2003, 9:31 am
yes its the same. Thx NC 4 helping. will try it when I come home, at work right now.

We need more ppl like cabbage =)