( search forums )
The Village People
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Darac
September 26, 2003, 1:36 pm
the village people is a group i am creating that is made fo the absolute best mappers from soldat. we will release map packs of only our best work and i think it would be cool if our map packs could then be made, or at least what michal thinks are the best maps from the map packs, into offical maps in newer versions of soldat.

TSP G-Unit
September 26, 2003, 3:54 pm
sounds awsome

Hitman
September 26, 2003, 3:57 pm
Great Idea...but whats with the name 'Village People'? Why not have Elite Mapers or somthing.

RDrull
September 26, 2003, 4:01 pm
LOL they like theyr name.

Chakra
September 26, 2003, 4:06 pm
Young man, theres no need to feel crap, I said young man, don't you fall in the traps, I said young man, 'cos you're in a new map, theres no need...to...be...un-hap-py! [:-captain]
[:-viking]
Young man, thers a place you can go, when you're short on your dough, you can stay there and i'm sure you'll find many ways to have a good time. [:-cowboy]
[:-snorkel]
It's fun to stay at the D-N-A-Games, they have everything for you to enjoy, you can hang out with all the boys!
It's fun to stay at the D-N-A-Games, you can shoot a camper, you can steal a few flags, you can even kill all the fags! [:-pirate]

CbbLe
September 26, 2003, 4:30 pm
sounds good..but most people who are making all these maps should consider making them more fun to play...most of the maps I've downloaded from here contains kinda [:-censored]ty gameplay and just looks really good. Focus on the gameplay more than design please.

n/a
September 26, 2003, 4:57 pm
Rofl, nice post, Chakra ! :)

And, CbbLe is right (as always !), maps are looking awesome but there gameplay is.. or the same as an existing map ; or unplayable.

How you should make an N in a 'body-alphabet'...hmm.... ?

Darac
September 27, 2003, 1:25 am
i focus on game play. then looks come second. but i know what you mean about that though. and i can assure you that we'll try harder to make it more fun.

NuZZ
September 27, 2003, 5:12 am
MMM, we should really be a good mapping team, haha, we might een make official maps :)

HC_ScubaSteve
September 28, 2003, 2:20 am
i thot this topic was about maps with civs

R
September 28, 2003, 4:07 am
and who is in this "village people"?

Darac
September 28, 2003, 4:14 am
me, irritant, nuzz, and bb_vb

eyic
September 28, 2003, 6:28 am
k00l u guys r mad map makers, good luck, but whys this topic in the game improvments board :|
woulda been better as general discussion

Darac
September 29, 2003, 6:07 am
hmm well i guess it could be moved.

NuZZ
September 29, 2003, 11:54 am
Darac's spammed this topic lol

doffencom
September 29, 2003, 1:09 pm
I would like to join teh 1337 mappin team =P

xXShavoXx
September 29, 2003, 3:34 pm
I really don't agree with this Darac. I mean it's a nice idea and everything, but you guys aren't necissarily "the best". Don't get me wrong, you're all really great mappers, but almost every month I see a few people join Soldat who make some pretty stellar maps. I just think it'd be best if we just let people make their maps and then choose from there.

doffencom
September 29, 2003, 6:09 pm
Can't Michal make his own mail whitch we send maps to, and we must have 2 screen shots from the maps in the mail. and he can open the mail and look at the screen shots and then chose if he want to see the entire map or just look at next screen shot?. Like a send maps too mail.

IRRiTANT
September 29, 2003, 8:21 pm
I think the point shavo is to form a group that can make map packs together. Clans exist so why shouldn't mapping groups? Maybe a rival group could even set up and create a bit of competition ?!?!. . . . dot dot . .