( search forums )
Domination?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Spitzfiya
September 26, 2003, 3:05 pm
Like in UT? would that work?
3 Symbols you have to capture, your count down time is faster if you have more areas captured.

Dragon88
September 26, 2003, 6:04 pm
I like it. Go Domination Mode!

Social Poison
September 26, 2003, 7:31 pm
Can you explain a little better on how that works?

b00stA
September 26, 2003, 7:39 pm
There are several objects (prolly flags in Soldat), standing still like red flag in Infiltration. If your team touches one of them you "own" it. Now your team gets x points every y second(s). Target: Capture and defend those flags until game has ended.

Everytime this has been brought up I supported it and I still do because it was fun in UT and imho it will be a lot MORE fun with Soldat!

DaCoTa
September 26, 2003, 7:43 pm
There are several (2 or more) stationary flag area's. The team which stand closest to it, has control over that flag and gains points over time. The team which reaches a certain amount of points wins. Very fast and tactical gameplay and there are no asymetrical differences because there are no 'sides' on the map. You can play it on any map, just place flag area's and you're set to go. Spawning is at a flag are under control (if my memory serves me right from my UT days :)

Another option is to win when one team has all flag area's under control, can take a lot longer though.

Another option is king of the kill type games, where there is one heavily defendable base which will get the team points or some other advantage. A little like Subspace: Trenchwars (see http://www.trenchwars.org/Trench/). Somewhat slower gameplay and lots of tactics.

Spitzfiya
September 27, 2003, 4:03 am
I think it would be a fun idea
But you would have to place the symbols in appropriate defendable places.
Domination is alot of fun in UT, Gameplay is hella FAST!

NightCabbage
September 27, 2003, 4:46 am
VOTE!

Domination
OR
Double Domination

NuZZ
September 27, 2003, 5:04 am
Aww i don wanna make a new bloody voting poll lol, unless you guys want me 2 post a topic on this, and a voting poll! :)

NightCabbage
September 27, 2003, 6:04 am
Well, I reckon that a form of domination would rock.

So make a poll ^_^

Dragon88
September 28, 2003, 12:49 am
I vote...

BOTH. Dangit, y not?

SILENT
September 28, 2003, 4:11 am
This sounds fun...go DOMINATION mode!
YA![^][^]

bLaStEr
September 28, 2003, 6:28 pm
This would totally rock!!!
Good idea ^^;

Haro1121
September 28, 2003, 6:32 pm
really good idea

Spitzfiya
September 28, 2003, 9:57 pm
ill make a poll then

Captain Mandos
September 29, 2003, 1:25 pm
Someone post this domination thing to Michal.
Go domination!