( search forums )
Rocks and ground particles
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Spitzfiya
September 26, 2003, 3:20 pm
Make rocks and foilage scattered about that can be blown up ito the air with granades and such. This would add a nice effect to the game, making up for the lack of destructable terrain.

Just an idea

RDrull
September 26, 2003, 4:03 pm
YAp I think that woulsd be cool!
!!

! ! !

! !

TSP G-Unit
September 26, 2003, 4:58 pm
that would be awsome, whoa what if....wait nevermind

F842
September 26, 2003, 6:00 pm
surely getting the game to generate numerous objects would cause consierable slowdown when playing online...

sauron_the_deceiver
September 26, 2003, 6:01 pm
Someone will post something about LAAAAG!!!!!!

But I think it would be cool. Yet, its unneccesary...

LiL_FuKa
September 26, 2003, 9:31 pm
Sounds good to me, then like if there was an explosion or something there would be a cloud of dust, and it could stay there for a while so you could hide in it.

RDrull
September 26, 2003, 11:17 pm
There would be no lag if people ouldent of played the game and at the same tim Dl somthing from the net. ggggg

giff
September 26, 2003, 11:33 pm
The thing is, wouldn't the rocks be spread differently on each computer? Because when you join, if it was like this, all the rocks would be in their "standard" position, where if someone had already "blown that area up," they would be scattered on the other computer screens. Unless we got into the game host hosting the map as well, so that it looked identical on each screen, a la Delta Force, but then we get into biiiig lag issues. I believe that's how it would be, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

But yeah, I think it would be really cool if it could work out.

NuZZ
September 27, 2003, 1:27 am
Could be a good camo, I wreckin it could be in map maker... And select diff types of it, like put some in the air, it falls when in game. like leaves etc. This could make soldat much more realistic and beautiful!
:/

Spitzfiya
September 27, 2003, 3:56 am
Well I was thinking... with all sorts of debry on the ground you could shoot at it and possibly fling it into other soilders. You could hide behind a wreaked car or something that gets pushed by bullets and explosions.

Granade Shrapnel sounds fun! I think that would add to the strategy getting hit by flying shards and sustaining damage.