( search forums )
Campers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
The Blue Ferret
September 26, 2003, 7:53 pm
Ya like camping? I do it every once and a while. But there are limits! When I do feel like camping I only kill 2 per match! Is that bad?

(Lets go camping)[8]

Meandor
September 26, 2003, 8:05 pm
You camp the whole match and kill two people? ^.^

The Blue Ferret
September 26, 2003, 8:06 pm
No thats my limit! :)

giff
September 26, 2003, 8:48 pm
Eh, another one of these.
I think of camping as staying in one spot the whole game and 'sniping.' ANd then they get killed, and go back to the same spot. Stupid, and very boring. At least it's gotta be boring....
I always get called a camper for not doing that. For instance, in b2b, i'll jump off the 'mountain' you spawn on, lie down midair, look ahead, and shoot someone. I don't consider this camping, and it isn't.
So yeah.... camping... i'm not too huge a fan.

swanofnever
September 26, 2003, 9:27 pm
i love camping. but only to aleviate the boredom of non-realistic mode. and only when it becomes a battle.. like.. if someone on the other team is struggling with you for control of part of the map.

like the tunnel in Run -- it's AWESOME when there's a little 2 on 2 war for tunnel supremacy.

BMF
September 26, 2003, 10:18 pm
There is a difference between camping and hiding in the bushes. I do camp sometimes (very rarely), but it is not very efficent. The best way to win a DM with a barret is to constantly move around and shoot down da newbies. Camping is not gonna get you anywhere.
And i HATE when people hide in the bushes and shoot from there. Its very annoying and stupid. Thats what gives camping a bad name. N00bs sitting in one spot and shooting at random. Jeez i hate n00bs

BTW in the tunnel camping is not very effective either. You gotta take a position from where you cant shoot the enemy, and he cant shoot you. He is afraid to come out cuz you have a barret. If you have nades you can keep a crowd of 3 at bay easily for 30-40 sec. And thats crucial in CTF. You dont kill one quickly, but you rather keep 2-3 off your base. They are not defending or attacking, they are just sitting there trying to get past you.

LinK
September 26, 2003, 11:57 pm
hmmmm... dont really enjoy these camping posts... anyways, i enjoy defending, but i never defend using the barret (that's my definition of camping)

that fuking sniper
September 27, 2003, 12:46 am
Heh, you dont have to camp to defend with a barret. Personally, its not that I have a direct thing against campers, I just dont value their "skill" as others that are not camping. Camping in my opinion is the easiest thing you can do in Soldat, but I'm not against it, nothing says its illigitimate...

Social Poison
September 27, 2003, 12:59 am
I'm with TFS on this. Camping is part of the game... and it's not like Doom or some FPS where you can't SEE the camper and he wacks you before you have a chance.

And frankly some of us LIKE hiding in bushes and springing out to kill people.

In Warehouse (blue team) I like hiding in that little bush that's a few steps in frong of the base (it has a steep hill in front of it). I'll wait there and as soon as someone tries to run and jump over me I spring up and knife him. It's great, and frankly IS very fun!

Plus camping (in bushes or out) is a great tactic in 1v1 or low number of people. You wait and you sneak... it's like freaking MGS in Soldat. You can't beat that! It's great! (I have a post in the moments section about the match I refer to.)

I think people who complain about campers are just the same as people who complain about the barret *points thumb at self*. It's not that camping/barret using is "cheap" or "unfair" or "noobish"... it's that it BEAT you, and you can't stand that.

Why do you think I whine about the barret so much? Do I think it's over powered? yea. But if I am whining in game it's because It's beating me and that is pissing me off.

Same goes for camping (I mean for you guys, I don't mind campers)

BMF
September 27, 2003, 1:13 am
You are in denial SP. I KNOW you want to be a sniper. Get out of the closet. You can't defeat us, just join us

yessss, join usssss........

JayBDey
September 27, 2003, 1:35 am
Barret=sniper=camper

That is how it was, is, and always will be.

If your using the Barret and NOT camping, get a DIFFERENT GUN!

Kamikaze_Ninja
September 27, 2003, 1:44 am
Damn another cult bleh screw that SP join the Knifers lol...

fabmanx
September 27, 2003, 2:44 am
JayBday... when im playing ctf i never camp with barret and in my opinion camping is the most non-effective way to use the barret...i have an excellent first shot and excellent reflects so barret is my gun for that....now for defending is a diff story or if ur near the ground...u tend to crouch and shoot which to me is very easy to do...hehe....but a lame barret guy is a guy who cant use other guns either then the barret...i use all guns and i think im pretty good with all of them so yea...just my 2 cents

BMF
September 27, 2003, 2:53 am
i agree with you fab. Camping is a stupid way to use the barret

JayBDey
September 27, 2003, 3:25 am
But it remains the only legitimate way. I have no respect for someone who rushes in with the Barret. Stay back or grab an AK!

BMF
September 27, 2003, 5:18 am
i can own any AK user with a barret any day. And i can back it up. AK just dont cut it. Why do you want me to attack with an inferior weapon??

Kamikaze_Ninja
September 27, 2003, 5:35 am
Hey BMF have u ever played nadj from 2wai he's prolly the best with the ak he'd own u i bet lol.

BMF
September 27, 2003, 6:05 am
Nah man, i dont think so. I dueled alot of people with autos. Nobody could do much damage. I am not bragging, i suck with autos. But AK vs Barret, i know who wins.

gi.joe
September 27, 2003, 7:03 am
lol tru, go bmf! up with the barret

btw jaybdey i fully disagree with your "equation"
this one is more tru to the barrett...
barret=sniper=lots of kills/excellent d=YOUR TEAM WINS (on ctf)
u are not restricted to camping with the barret, it is an extremely powerful if not the most powerful weapon in the game... a measley ak just provides no competition at all. as posted earlier... why would you have someone use an inferior gun! the barret just owns everything no matter what.. and in combo with the law u are most certainly a force to be reckoned with..

~just a thought

JayBDey
September 27, 2003, 7:18 am
^ Congratulations you just proved my point.

The Barret is overpowered, you said it yourself. Your winning because your gun is more powerful, not because your better.

that fuking sniper
September 27, 2003, 7:48 am
I agree with JayBDey on that one, the gun is very overpowered and alot of/most games are won buy what gun people use instead of how good they are.

gi.joe
September 27, 2003, 7:59 am
no...we are not debating the barett here dude we're debating camping, maybe the barett is over powered but it doesnt necessarily have to b used in a camping manner...
that is my point .... where exactly did u outline your point anyway or even begin any discussion as to wether the barett was or is over powered.. all u did was say that barett=sniper=camper and that isnt the case..
people that rush with baretts certainly do deserve a lot of respect, u may not think so but i certainly do.. u require confidence in yourself to b able to pull off that dazzling 1 hit pin point kill and extract a flag while being pounded by smgs..

~

Social Poison
September 27, 2003, 8:03 am
It doesn't require confidence... it requires the autos being under powered. If you miss with the barret vs an automatic guy with any skill you should be dead. period. but this is not the case. the barret user just soaks up the damage and picks off the next guy. THAT is a problem.

And do people camp with a non barret weapon? Ruger maybe... but really... is camping all that pervasive? does it really ruin the game play THAT much for you? I suggest you learn to deal with it. Throw a nade at them.

gi.joe
September 27, 2003, 9:03 am
quote:Originally posted by Social Poison
It doesn't require confidence... it requires the autos being under powered.
ok dude as i pointed out in the previous post WE ARE NOT POSTING ON THE SAME BEATEN TO DEATH TOPIC OF THE BARRET BEING TOO POWERFUL!
we are debating the topic of camping...
maybe if u read the original post by the guy that started this thread and saw how simplistic it really is then u wud realise the stupidity in digressing from such a simple topic.
again to the future posters out ther, WE ARE NOT talking about the barett being too powerful

of course camping is linked directly to the barett and all its different traits but that doesnt mean that we shud slide bak into the topic of nerfing the barret as this eventually wud...

Social Poison
September 27, 2003, 9:16 am
Piss off, ass rocker. This is a forum and is like a conversation, which can drift from the inital start point.

I made my piece earlier about camping. It's a style of play. Deal with it.

The Barret is the primary weapon used for camping BECAUSE of it's power. People don't camp with an AUG very often do they?

And besides... YOU drifted from the topic to MAKE THE INITAL STATEMENT THAT I QUOTED FROM YOU! You mentioned the barret should be used as an assault weapon (in so many words). Doesn't sound like camping to me, but I suppose I could be wrong.

But that would entail "camping" to mean "running around with a barret"

By trying to cut me down you were trying to leave your "Barret assault guys should be respected" comment un answered. I disagree. If it were not DONE often (which would mean it requires more skill [barret assault]) then maybe this would be the case. But most everyone who uses a barret USES it like an assault weapon. Therefore it is NOT a unique tactic. Therefore it does NOT require some great amount of skill. And is therefore NOT worthy of my imediate respect as a result.

Don't try to cut me off to leave assanine (sp) comments like the one you made above unanswered, you hypocryte.

that fuking sniper
September 27, 2003, 9:24 am
quote:Originally posted by gi.joe
u require confidence in yourself to b able to pull off that dazzling 1 hit pin point kill and extract a flag while being pounded by smgs..

~

Actually no, pulling out almost eny shot in down right and upper left with a barret is easy as [:-censored], as a sniper I can assure that.

The people who really deserve respect are the ones capable of defeating a sniper in mid-air with an auto... Try doing that once and see how hard that is, instead of giving credit to something that seems hard, but in fact you know is easy, and your crediting because you do it as well :)

BMF
September 27, 2003, 2:02 pm
yes, barret is overpowered.

gi.joe
September 27, 2003, 9:18 pm
ok i agree with u on that one mr poison but u hav to admit... the pple with the absolute skill on a barett definately deserv respect, i mean any ol person cn charge in toting a barett, but that doesnt necessarily mean that they hav skill with that... i mean how many pple out there can truly say that when they rush with the sniper they can guarante that they will hit their targets/enemies most of the time. of course it is a played out tactic and un unique one aswell but then again that doesnt mean that it isnt worthy of pples respect... i mean come on not all the pple out there that are using the barret can use it to its fullest potential e.g( prone midair and snipin down) and yes i am saying that the barett shud b used as an assault weapon rather than for camping because it is a much more useful tool to use when assaulting a base or taking on a person 1v1 rather than having to wait the whole game out.. all i am saying is that pple shud not necessarily use the barret as a campers/n00b cannon just because it falls into the sniper rifle category as many pple do in other games..eg cs,dod,bf to name a few.

im anti camper and infact that is one of the things that probably annoys me the most about soldat... of course you can handle the occasional camper out there ,but not if uve fukin got 3 of em on a bridge lined up piking your team off 1 by 1 in a 3v3 game i mean wheres the freaking poing in that?please outline the parts of my posts earlier where i made any hypocrytical statements at all!
so tfs are you saying that the snipers/barret users shud not receive any credit full stop even when they do whip out a leetist like shot.. i find that hard to swallow...! of course the barett is overpowered but that shudnt deny its users any respectability or credit for theyre skill, they practise just as hard as anyone with their fav gun just as u guys wud with an smg.... y dont they earn the same respect as you?
~

JayBDey
September 27, 2003, 11:13 pm
Maybe because the gun is doing all the work? No one has any respect for Barret assaulters. Snipers are campers and campers are snipers. If you not using the Barret the way it should be (not the way it CAN be, right now to be fair you shouldn?t be using it to its full, over powered potential) you wont get the respect of anyone.

HOPEFULLY this new version will bring the Barret down to a fair level and weed out the true snipers from all the n00bs who run in with the Barret.

The Barret can see two screens away for a reason. its a sniper rifle, used for LONG RANGE shots. Not midair jetpack duels.

Just make the Barret only fire when prone. This will increase camping and decrease Barret assaulters, two positive effects. Most people will ditch it for a gun more suited to the assault role.

Social Poison
September 28, 2003, 12:17 am
people that rush with baretts certainly do deserve a lot of respect Post 1
we are debating the topic of camping... Post 2 (where you tried to bitch me out, with no grounds)

Hypocryte.

I'm more along with Jay on this. The barret is a sniper rifle, and sniping IS camping. And people.. realy should not whine about camping. Part of the game... really. And you said it above, you were pissed because a team was camping and doing what? oh that's right, beating you. So it works for defence.

Fabby is a crazy camper on b2b and we win matches because of it.

And frankly I don't care if people respect my ability of play. It doesn't bother me either way. But I refuse to show any respect to a person who can fly in with a rail gun barret and kill people. Even from the air, it's not that difficult.

You want difficult? Try using an AUG in a few matches.

gi.joe
September 28, 2003, 12:19 am
true that would provide a solution to some peoples complaints but then again would you really want to sacrifice the assaulting potential of the barett in order to replace it with a camper?
whats the point of even having it then if in the modifications all you are trying t do in effect is stop people from using it.... how can u say the gun is doing all the work? does the gun aim the crosshair? does the gun press the prone button? does the gun physically pull the trigger and let the bullet loose? how can u say that it is doing all the work..... not all snipers are campers... of course you are using it to its fullest potential because it is a versatile weapon! who defines its full potential as taking lazy shots from one side of the map to another.... just because it hs that added ability doesnt mean that it shud only be used for that purpose... to make it only available in prone position wud definately be added to the list of muck ups in soldat....who says that it cant be used for jet pack duels... do you think that michael created the barett and gave it all theses characteristics because it wasnt? i mean if it wasnt supposed to be used for a jetpak duel wudnt it be blatantly obvious to all? i mean the balance wud be off the crosshair cud become innacurate everything wud change orwud be different if it wasnt to be used in that manner....HOW THE HELL CAN U JUSTIFY A STATEMENT IN WHICH U SAY "this will increase camping" wtf is the point of that.. ure decreasing the ability of the assaulter (which actually mocves and spices up the game play) to replace it with an immobile llama ass camper that sits in one spot and picks people off at random??? where is the sense in that? gone from bad to worse....

fabmanx
September 28, 2003, 1:08 am
Well u see put a sniper and a sniper face to face coming at each other....barret might take no skill but its who has that faster relects that gets the first shot off...and i dont mean to brag but i think that mainly any other barret guy is as good as me in sniping that shot but i do know that can beat any one of them not because i have a better shot with accuracy its that i have a faster reflex...i get my shot off before they do....and that takes some practice and its a valuable skill....not that i can snipe better...i can shoot faster...:)

JayBDey
September 28, 2003, 1:19 am
We want MORE camping not less. Now, that doesn?t mean that we want everyone right now to just stop assaulting. 1 or 2 campers (with Barret) and the rest of the team using other guns.

The ONLY people complaining are the ones who use the Barret like a rail gun. The real snipers have nothing to loose, it wont effect them in the least.

How can YOU justify assaulting with the Barret? This game is NOT all about DM. There is an element of stealth, and tactics that need to be further enhanced in versions to come.

I would much rather see 2-3 campers per team, then the whole team Barret assaulting. That?s just ridiculous.

ReDevil
September 28, 2003, 1:40 am
are u ok?

BManx2000
September 28, 2003, 1:45 am
I think Jay is one of the very few people here who would rather be sniped with the Barret than killed by a visible opponent. But if it makes you feel any better, I usually snipe with the Barret :P

gi.joe
September 28, 2003, 1:49 am
ok so ud rather b cut down by a target that U CANNOT SEE compared to one that u can??? what are u smoking dude

JayBDey
September 28, 2003, 1:51 am
No, I would rather be killed by someone with some skill than by a n00bish barret assaulter.

YOUR the odd one here.

Social Poison
September 28, 2003, 1:53 am
I'm with Jay on that as well.

It's a sniper rifle.

i mean if it wasnt supposed to be used for a jetpak duel wudnt it be blatantly obvious to all?
Michal tried to nerf the mid air aiming, but people just used their momentum to fly. Since he took action against the assault barret, I find the answer to your questions is that he DID try, and it IS obvious.

If you're getting killed by campers so much try using a little dodging skill instead of running right at them.

Some people hate campers,
some people hate the barret as an assault weaponm

Bmanx, please don't try to downplay how many people can not stand the barret as an assault weapon. Chances are the only people who would DEFEND it's use in such a fashion are *gasp* barret users.

JayBDey
September 28, 2003, 2:04 am
Yes, the only people who would be against weakening the Barret would be people who have something to lose. The people who depend on it for there ability.

gi.joe
September 28, 2003, 3:56 am
ok...how can u preferr being killed by an invisible/hidden sniper rather than one that is up in your face and going 1v1 on his ass with an smg as u said u liked... im all for weakening the barett, it wudnt really affect the game that much for me... its just that the suggestion that it can only b used in prone position is quite lame seeing as not only will it remove its assault capabilities but it will also provide fewer regions wher the rifle can be used.... some spots u cannot hit from a prone position.. due to the terrain etc...oh and if he has already taken action against the barett why are u still complaining? are u saying that someone lying down on a hill pointing and clicking/firing has MORE skill than someone who is jetpacking + pointing + clicking AND moving around using the directional keys?? seems to me that the camper according to this explanation is more "n00bish" than the assaulter... what kind of ability is it to sit in one spot and clik on your mouse? of course theres timing etc but then again ther is a lot more needed of these skills when ure assaulting using the gun... if u miss from faraway u hav a lot more time to reload your weapon/evade the attackers compared to up close when if u miss.. u hav a higher chance of being taken out...

JayBDey
September 28, 2003, 4:06 am
...its just that the suggestion that it can only b used in prone position is quite lame seeing as not only will it remove its assault capabilities but it will also provide fewer regions wher the rifle can be used...

No shit Sherlock

Thats the fuking point!

BMF
September 28, 2003, 6:14 am
"If you not using the Barret the way it should be (not the way it CAN be, right now to be fair you shouldn?t be using it to its full, over powered potential) you wont get the respect of anyone."

Jay thats the stupidest thing i have heard in a while. I never camp with barret, except for CTF matches when my clan leader tells me to defend. I hate people that camp with barret. I move around all the time, changing my position, shooting on the fly. Thats how i use my barret.

GI Joe, you gotta make your posts more legible dude. I hate spelling errors. You have to respect the people you address your posts to. At least use a spell checker.

And yes, i use other weapons. More than that, i prefer to use other weapons in DMs and even CTFs. It just happens that in an official CTF battle everyone has a barret. Not much you can do with DEagles there. SP can back me up on this one.

JayBDey
September 28, 2003, 6:54 am
quote:Originally posted by BMF
...It just happens that in an official CTF battle everyone has a barret. Not much you can do with DEagles there. SP can back me up on this one.

Not once, but TWICE it's happened.

Wow, all you Barret assaulters need to get together, and get your argument straight. Using the "Everyone uses the Barret so I will too" angle is proof that we need change. You defeated your own argument.

Nice one.

jesta
September 28, 2003, 7:58 am
I have to agree with Jay and SP, the barret is a sniper rifle, which means he doesn't rush into a base an blast every nick and harry on the way to cap the flag, he says back firing long shots at people.

To those that complain about campers, very rarely have I been hit by someone from several screens away, and if I DO get hit, I know were he is and when I respwan the next time he is good as dead, period. Most campers don't even TRY to run when you shoot at them (in a bush) and since he is prone as well, lets just say it's hard NOT to miss.

Bushes were made to hide in, not they completly hide the sniper. I haven't found a spot on CTF maps which completey hide the sniper execpt in loas at the flag spwan point. I can easly see if a person is in a bush or not, why? useully, when I come near the camper moves a bit, thus making the "click" sound the barret makes when you go prone, or move while prone, one jump, nade, boom, he/she is dead.

Campers don't win games, but barret assaulters seem to be the game :\

gi.joe
September 28, 2003, 8:57 am
ok...how can u preferr being killed by an invisible/hidden sniper rather than one that is up in your face and going 1v1 on his ass with an smg as u said u liked are u saying that someone lying down on a hill pointing and clicking/firing has MORE skill than someone who is jetpacking + pointing + clicking AND moving around using the directional keys?? seems to me that the camper according to this explanation is more "n00bish" than the assaulter... what kind of ability is it to sit in one spot and clik on your mouse? of course theres timing etc but then again there is a lot more needed of these skills when ure assaulting using the gun... if u miss from faraway u hav a lot more time to reload your weapon/evade the attackers compared to up close when if u miss.. u hav a higher chance of being taken out...

riddle me this...

ok so wud u have all of us LOOSE our clan matches because we feel morally obligated to use a [:-censored]e deagle? ure pushing fora major change in the barretts capabilities, when only slight onese are needed... i agree that the 1 hit kill needs to be removed, but the assaulting components most certainly must stay the same.. if EVERYONE is using it as an assault weapon(as u said before) how can u say that it needs to be removed? everyone is using it according to their preference..... it shud be changed just for a few people that cant handle some "n00bs" as u put it running into their base attaking them with useless and "unskillfull" moves? guys if ure confident in the smgs... then USE EM TO TAKE THE BARRET ASSAULTERS OUT rather than bashing the pple defending the style on the message boards.

of course jay the n00bs run in with the baretts... but do they pull off the kills with it? or just fire of a shot into no mans land while being cut down by the aks etc..?

fully agree with u BMF

JayBDey
September 28, 2003, 9:27 am
The Barret is a sniper rifle, and fills the role of a sniper rifle. For assaulting we have other weapons. It shouldn?t be possible to assault with the Barret.

Like it or not, assaulting with the Barret is not acceptable. It may be possible, but that is only because it is almost laughably unbalanced.

Changes WILL be made.

NightCabbage
September 28, 2003, 12:44 pm
I highly doubt that...

But I know where you're coming from, but I also know that all weapons need to be able to assault with for many reasons.

You say that assaulting with the Barret is abuse, and some others say that camping with the Barret is abuse. Either way, someone loses.

And if you could only camp with the Barret, no-one would bother with it ;)
Just the way it goes.

(edit - ok so they still would, it was an exaggeration ;)

(note: the above is not my opinion)

But my opinion is that the Barret should stay pretty much as it is...

btw, Are you catching on?

lol - you're sig pic has been dead for ages ^^

Ymies
September 28, 2003, 4:45 pm
yea camping is a stupid and boring way to use barret, I still can't understand why every barret user in UJ clan camps all the time...

Social Poison
September 28, 2003, 6:23 pm
Well... camping in CtF (or especially INF) is not pointless.
*points finger at Fabmanx*

In our clan matches we have probably WON because he camps (not to mention it allows him to give orders, which is good).

Granted, I think camping with a barret (or any weapon) in DM is dumb. You won't get as many kills (possible exception to this rule is realistic mode, where you can camp with the ruger).

--------------------------------

(NC yes we can talk about this, Michal responded publicaly in a thread I made)

There is going to be a new damage system in the new version. Those of you who saw my "Michal responds to the issues of automatics" thread will know this, so just skip down.

Currently you get the following damager percentages for head/body/legs repsectivly: 110%/100%/80%. Now, it is obvious that the barret has an advantage over all the other guns (or else we'd see a more even distribution of weapon usage). The NEW system will be 120%/100%/90%. This will give a big up to the amount of damage the automatics can do, while not affecting the actual use of the barret.

Translation, it will bring the levels of the automatics (and by automatics, I mean non-barret [:P]) up to that of the barret.

So really I think this issue will be solved with the new version (both arguments)

Campers: They won't be able to just soak up damage and take time with their shots, weeding out the noob campers and leaving only very good snipers (which, I feel, is as it should be).

Assaulters: The assaulters, again, will not be able to just soak up the damage from the attacker and line up their shot. This is probably a core peeve of mine. Unloading almost an entire AUG clip into a guy while he lines up his shot perfectly and takes me out... argh.

So anyways... let's postpone this argument until the next version comes out and people have a chance to check it ok?

^_^

gi.joe
September 28, 2003, 9:26 pm
agreed... this realy was quite fun.. ^_^
no hard feelings all?

that fuking sniper
September 28, 2003, 10:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by JayBDey
The Barret is a sniper rifle, and fills the role of a sniper rifle. For assaulting we have other weapons. It shouldn?t be possible to assault with the Barret.

Like it or not, assaulting with the Barret is not acceptable. It may be possible, but that is only because it is almost laughably unbalanced.

Changes WILL be made.

I think its time for you to understand that you're too cought up in your legitimacy fight over what the barret "should" be used and what it already "can" be used as. The barret is called a sniping rifle right now because it only resembles the normal sniper rifle, it is NOT a sniper rifle and the people who fly with it are NOT snipers, happy now? Hell, no gun in the world could be aimed properly without taking a stable, solid position. Soldat isnt made to be realistic and it shouldnt try to.

I dont really give a [:-censored] about what you call the gun and how you think it should be used according to what you think it was made as. Michal made a list of guns each with its own properties and capabilities, the barret happened to be a barret with its own ups and downs, what makes it overpowered is the scope on it, the only obvious advantage it holds over the rest of the weapons. Each of them can pose a challenge in the limit of the screen sight range. The barret has superiority in duels but lacks efficiency in small maps where things get hectic. A proof of my point is that not nearly the same percentage of players used the barret in pre 1.1.0 patches, where the scope didnt exist, and you could kill the sniper quickly then, he had to aim fast and hit or hes toast and thats where the challenge comes in, camping on the ground and clicking at enemies is the easiest thing you can do with it.

If the barret retained its scope and could only be used as a camping weapon then I suppose the amount of people using it will decrease, but it will remain overpowered because it can shoot people BEFORE they even see the sniper, and that doesnt fit Soldat, using it in air is not overpowering at all, I can defeat eny sniper in the air with eny weapon I choose to use just by believing I can. I have problems though, defeating an enemy I'm not sure is there or can even see him. And that is overpowered, JayBDey, get your facts straight and actually think of what will happen if the barret could only be used as a camping weapon.

BMF
September 29, 2003, 12:41 am
i generally agree with TFS. Jay, what the hell do you mean by saying "assaulting with barret in unaccpetable"?? Why??! Because in your bug infested mind you decided that a sniper rifle cant be fired while running??
Dude, have you ever tried shooting AK-47 while running? People shoot AK-47 sitting down on one knee. The folks in SWAT teams you see on TV running and shooting all use MP5s, which are basically big automatic pistols. And nobody sprays automatics in real life. You shoot three bullets at a time, otherwise you cant hit anything.

Following JayBDey's logic, lets modify all automatics so you cant shoot them on the fly. Better yet, you cant shoot them while running.

Chakra
September 29, 2003, 1:01 am
I think what the poor dear was trying to say is that every weapon should fulfill a certain role, rather than any weapon dominating every role.

Does no one camp with any other weapon than barret? Surely some of us have stood behind a tree, knife in hand, giggling like a schoolgirl while waiting for a passer-by? Or sat somewhere with an mp5 and sprayed a location over a hill (kampf comes to mind)?

JayBDey
September 29, 2003, 2:13 am
But how many times has that worked?

BMF: How dare you twist my message into something completely different. If you would follow my logic, maybe you would see the game would be better that way. The new damage system in the new version (although not as much change as we need) is step in the right direction.

that fuking sniper
September 29, 2003, 3:16 am
If its logic you speak of, you wouldnt say that camping with the barret isnt overpowered. I understand your point though, that the barret HAS superiority in a 1v1 against any other weapon, and the problem today is that way too many people use the same goddamn gun over and over, but that doesnt say the barret shouldnt shoot in the air, you use the "the barret is a sniper rifle so it should only be used for camping purposes" arguement to justify and bring about your wish. But if you really want logic, you would actually try playing Soldat for this one time and see if you would do well against a camper that can shoot you before you even know he's there, again, superiority in a 1v1, still overpowered, but less people will use it. Only that if the sniper sees a force of 3 players moving towards him, he could take his time with 1 of them, leaving 2, relocate, snipe again, then change to secondary and wipe out the 3rd, with the help of grenades. If the sniper flew he could only take 1 guy in his own screen range, he would have a harder time aiming (although still relatively easy), and wouldnt have much of an opprotunity to run away and re-snipe. As for the reason to why do that many people use the barret, its the scope, remove it, and you will see variety. Also, the sniper line, which encourages the use of barret because it simply gives the user a helping hand which doesnt help with other weapons.

BMF
September 29, 2003, 5:20 am
Jay, i was following your logic. And i always said that the barret is overpowered.

gi.joe
September 29, 2003, 7:02 am
lol dude he was followng your logic... and he didnt twist your words into something new.. what are u on abt?

Kretes
September 29, 2003, 8:00 pm
People should know the difference between snipers and campers, but then again ... I remember playing infiltration lately on red. My team got 60 points with the blues having 10... and geuss what ... we lost, cause they had 4 god-damn snipes on their side ... damn them alll ... desert eagles rox!!!!!![:D]

gi.joe
September 30, 2003, 1:46 am
errr what?

Social Poison
September 30, 2003, 1:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra

Does no one camp with any other weapon than barret? Surely some of us have stood behind a tree, knife in hand, giggling like a schoolgirl while waiting for a passer-by??

I have done this (even the giggling).

It's much cooler if you have "Ninja strike!!!" or "Banzai!!!" as an auto taunt ^_^

Gi.joe, no hard feelings ^_^

gi.joe
September 30, 2003, 4:04 am
for sure

EvilLaugh
September 30, 2003, 4:20 am
NERF THE BARRET LIVES ON! WITh THIOS [:-censored]TY EXCUsE OF A ThrEAD....!

g_omega
September 30, 2003, 10:53 am
I think camping is part of the game, and it has its place at times. And if someone is just sitting in the same spot shooting people, they will slip up and get killed pretty quickly. I have occasionaly hide in bushes, wearing camoflage, only to see how well i could be hidden, it was quite fun, but not very practical, since once you get more than 4 people normaly someone sees you go into hiding.

The Professional
September 30, 2003, 6:44 pm
I generally don't have an issue with campers. In real life war "camping" is primo. Better him than you, right? If I'm up against a camper I generally make it my goal to take care of him before he takes out my clanmates. Show the barret users what the eagles are all about :)

Kretes
September 30, 2003, 8:06 pm
Eagles my love:]

Weed
October 11, 2003, 2:44 pm
blast them!!!!!!!!!!!
bang bang!!!!!!!!!

kkazican
October 11, 2003, 9:59 pm
There are many ways to fight. Camping is merely one of them.

Sekushi
October 22, 2003, 3:33 am
Here's a very simple solution: Go a different route [Unless it's Kampf, which you can't do]

But it's basically the function of a sniper rifle to snipe, so I can kind of understand their logic. It just get's annoying. For the love of God, you have legs for a reason, use them!

But, in my opinion, camping sucks.[:D]

el_simpsons
October 22, 2003, 5:57 am
so whatever happened to the issue of:

DECREASED ACCURACY OF WEAPONS WHILE AIRBOURE?

#8976;_#8976;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Forest Fires Prevent Bears, BTW

gi.joe
October 22, 2003, 7:26 am
what the hell are u on about dude???