( search forums )
Soldat 1.2 delayed
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
Michal Marcinkowski
September 30, 2003, 3:01 pm
Sorry to announce this but every software company does this:) (HL2, Doom 3, CS :) ). Soldat will be out a little later than expected. There will be a new, more stable, lobby server that needs to be done. Unfortunatly things are waiting to be integrated into Soldat before the release that I'm not dependent on. Also with the new version Soldat will be fully translatable, right now I'm preparing the polish version. So please be patient because it will be worth it. If you register the game or on the Soldat Forums you'll get an e-mail confirmation about the new version release.

GF
September 30, 2003, 3:08 pm
[:-weepn][:-weepn][:-weepn][:-weepn][:-weepn][:-weepn]
[V]

SERIAL KILLeR
September 30, 2003, 3:10 pm
:(.
I hope not to long.
quote:Also with the new version Soldat will be fully translatableNice

We will have to wiat longer but i'm shure it will be worth it :).

Hercule Poirot
September 30, 2003, 3:15 pm
:/ finally now i dont have to check site once in hour now i check once in day

peemonkey
September 30, 2003, 3:17 pm
i knew it! darn it! aaawwww..... it's O.K.! this will mean soldat will be even better! yay! thanks for the update michal, though this'll prolly end up another place for people to b1tch and moan. Orangatan Slap!

Optik
September 30, 2003, 3:40 pm
well i talked to ardaen last night and he said the lobby sevrer he's making is going crash crash crash and he can't find out why so i doubt it taht it's not gonna take long having in mind taht he took like a month to get up to here...... were doomed! :( lol

Chakra
September 30, 2003, 3:47 pm
may I be the first to say [:-censored]!

Meandor
September 30, 2003, 3:51 pm
Oh well, more whiners now i guess =|

Hitman
September 30, 2003, 3:54 pm
Damn, Damn, Damn!!! When you say that it will be 'fully translatable', in how may Lauguages will it be availble in?

koil
September 30, 2003, 3:56 pm
thats not that bad, it will give the soldat community some time to grow up and stop whining on evry hour that passes.

all the good things takes times right? :)

sqweek
September 30, 2003, 4:10 pm
Aww, nevermind - we will live :)

Hitman: I expect it means that it will be possible for users to create new translations in whatever language. (except perhaps Japanese and such that use different character sets, but Michal could have accounted for that)

ThaD
September 30, 2003, 4:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
Also with the new version Soldat will be fully translatable, right now I'm preparing the polish version

aaaa sweet [:)]

CbbLe
September 30, 2003, 4:45 pm
mooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freshmaker
September 30, 2003, 4:52 pm
nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

censored!!!!!!!!

Hitman
September 30, 2003, 4:55 pm
Oh ok, thanks Sqweek.

Guil
September 30, 2003, 5:01 pm
Bah I don'T care anymore.

Spitzfiya
September 30, 2003, 5:27 pm
ooo i cant wait...

M
September 30, 2003, 5:28 pm
I WANT TO CRY. This news shocked me. I thought that 1.2 is relleased and this really shocks me really bad. AWWWWWWWWw
[:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

cooz
September 30, 2003, 6:05 pm
Sorry to announce this but every software company does this:) (HL2, Doom 3, CS :) ). Soldat will be out a little later than expected.

first you told us that it's finished about one month ago... ok we're waiting time since then - we can wait few more days (or weeks :D )

There will be a new, more stable, lobby server that needs to be done. Unfortunatly things are waiting to be integrated into Soldat before the release that I'm not dependent on.

here 2 my questions: when ardaen started to rewrite lobby and do you thing he'll finish b4 coming weekend?

cooz.

Donnie
September 30, 2003, 6:23 pm
hmmm it will maybe take a month =( u know what that means!

It will take 2 months b4 its done =(

DAAAAMN THIS W8ING

Hanz
September 30, 2003, 6:59 pm
Does anyone have any idea in when it MIGHT be done, and dont make it a guessdemation, just if anyone knows please inform us!Thanks...

b00stA
September 30, 2003, 7:17 pm
Nobody REALLY knows. Haven't you learnt anything? Don't rely on release dates..

BManx2000
September 30, 2003, 7:30 pm
Michal should NEVER say soldat is going to be released at whatever time, because it seems to jinx it :(

bLaStEr
September 30, 2003, 7:52 pm
Take your time,
& don't care for us we can wait for as many months/weeks as you want :)

*Waits...*
*after 1 hour*
*OMGF*
*opens http://www.soldat.pl*
*damn*
*waits 1 hour*
*opens http://www.soldat.pl*
*damn!*

morpheus
September 30, 2003, 8:10 pm
i don't mind waiting. personally, i think it would make a good christmas present.

WaR DoG2150
September 30, 2003, 8:15 pm
are my idea's gonna be added to soldat? like the store and more wepons to buy and sodlat money,chain saw roll,benocurlers,and the two guns i made. if this is all added this update will awsome.

swanofnever
September 30, 2003, 8:25 pm
hey,
just out of curiosity.. what was wrong with the old lobby?? i know it used to hang, but if you just hit "cancel" and then got the servs again, it was fine....

sigh.

b00stA
September 30, 2003, 8:38 pm
Just stop whining..

Leinad
September 30, 2003, 8:52 pm
I'm the first one to hate those who only complain because the new version is taking so much time.... But I really don't understand why Michal told (AROUND THE MIDDLE OF AUGUST!!!) that new version was nearly ready, some time later (8 september) he said it was going to be realeased in a week or longer, later (25 September) he said the beta was ready.... AND TODAY HE SAY IT'S GONNA BE DELAYED!!!!!!

I don't mind if a release takes 2,3 or 25 months.... BUT I DON'T THINK IS ETHIC TO LIE AND MAKE PEOPLE VISIT YOUR HOMEPAGE EVERYDAY FOR 2 MONTHS JUST TO SAY IT'S GONNA BE DELAYED!!!!! Sorry to say that Michal, you're making a great work (Soldat is the more addictive multiplayer game I played) but I think you shouldn't say that something is finnish if it isn't. Why don't you release a version using the old server and later (when the new server was ready) release another version? Many people will appreciate that (including me :D) I'm sorry if I sound annoyed, but you should understand you've been making many people wait for something that You say it was finnish nearly 2 months ago! I hope you'll continue making more version of soldat for a long time but please don't do this again...

Thanks for reading, and LET'S MAKE SOLDAT THE GREATEST!!! :D

Rixter
September 30, 2003, 9:00 pm
Well said!

kkazican
September 30, 2003, 9:07 pm
Awwwwwwww

Now I'm gonna have to do

*sigh*
Schoolwork
*whimper*

koil
September 30, 2003, 9:08 pm
michal is delaying this version cuz he want it to be a smooth version, bug-free, fair lobby server. GET THIS IN YOUR HEAD, hes not making this game for himself, hes making this for you.
i partly agree with you that he didnt needed to say that 1.1.6 is changing into 1.2, or 1.1.6 news, but hey, guess what? ITS HIS CHOICE. YOU DONT GOT NOTHING TO DO ABOUT IT. YOU DONT LIKE IT? LEAVE. HE DONT OWN YOU NOTHING.

yes, its a simple as that. no one owns you nothing, so dont take things as granted.

and plz, PLZ dont turn this thread into the 'chainging 1.1.6 to 1.2'. PLZ

Mr G
September 30, 2003, 9:14 pm
lets all play soldat while we wait :)

and dont worry michal

Dragon88
September 30, 2003, 9:30 pm
U said it leinad!

Koil, WE ALL KNOW THAT IT IS FOR US! HE'S NOT SAYING ANY DIFFERENT! HE'S NOT SAYING THAT MICHAL OWES US ANYTHING! HE'S SAYING THAT IF IT WASN'T READY TO GO, WTH DID MICHAL SAY THAT IT WAS!?!?!?

So get THAT through your head.

HaSuKrOnOs
September 30, 2003, 9:41 pm
:.( nooooo!!!!

I wait for the new version, i'm really impatient :)

Hanz
September 30, 2003, 10:06 pm
Anyone got any cool games to play while we wait?..you know..besides soldat 1.1.5

Chakra
September 30, 2003, 10:06 pm
Can't someone ...'replace'....Ardaen? Just he's takin' his time like... and I be quite very bored of this 1.1.5 bollocko.

Also, when 1.2 comes out, will the ever-handy ASE be ready for it?

?
September 30, 2003, 10:32 pm
chakra i don't think we will ever know that =P and yeah it sucks that it willl come out later but it will be an awsome ptach =)

Hanz
September 30, 2003, 10:52 pm
*Sigh* Guess not..lol

grand_diablo
September 30, 2003, 10:58 pm
Well, I think we can be sure that Soldat 1.2 will be released, as long as Micha doesn't set the release to "When It's done", cause this would actually be a bad omen :D

Omorpheus Hunter
September 30, 2003, 11:17 pm
At least don't be so lazy to use plz instead of please. I know its faster in like games but this is a forum, you can write something for days, doesn't matter.

Anyways, good luck on 1.2, Michal. Hope its released soon and the best Mass Multiplayer Shooting Game There Is... which it probably is but you know what I mean. [;)]

koil
September 30, 2003, 11:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dragon88
U said it leinad!

Koil, WE ALL KNOW THAT IT IS FOR US! HE'S NOT SAYING ANY DIFFERENT! HE'S NOT SAYING THAT MICHAL OWES US ANYTHING! HE'S SAYING THAT IF IT WASN'T READY TO GO, WTH DID MICHAL SAY THAT IT WAS!?!?!?

So get THAT through your head.

michal did that, for prolly raising the expectations, but things didnt went so good (as you can see), so i ask why, oh why, DO YOU PPL WHINE AND ANNOYING HIM WITH 'I CANT WAIT ANYMORE' ? do you think he'll be quicker with that?

quote:HE'S NOT SAYING THAT MICHAL OWES US ANYTHING!
well, i think annoying him with stupid posts, and irritating replis, DOES show you something.

so basicly what can we do? whine and b1tch evry hour and just showing michal what a retarted and immature community are we? or wait, and be patient for alittle longer, and show him that we DESERVE soldat.

ask yourself that.

LinK
September 30, 2003, 11:24 pm
aye... THANK YOU michal for posting this...

moysturfurmer
September 30, 2003, 11:28 pm
well I guess now we know that it will be out later instead of still thinking it will be out soon.

Gorge
September 30, 2003, 11:54 pm
I don't mind Soldat 1.2 being late as long as it's bug free and lags less.

peemonkey
October 1, 2003, 12:18 am
and that's what it is...game quality. it's not him sitting there, looking at the forums, laughing in an evil voice, trying to tempt us with broken promises. he's just tryin his best to make it better...which is why its taking a bit longer than expected. give him support instead of b1tching. GO MICHAL!! GO ARDAEN!!!! GO SOLDAT!!!!!

Scuba Steve
October 1, 2003, 12:24 am
lol o well were just gonna have to wait lmao.

wormdundee
October 1, 2003, 12:26 am
exactly my thoughts peemonkey and koil, all these dip[:-censored]s in the forum who have no patience whatsoever, if this delay is gonna make soldat better, than hell, im happy it was delayed, since i can be patient, if you people havent heard, games get delayed all the time for consoles and the PC, and i think Michal has done an awesome job getting all the other versions out within good time, so if apparently "you cant wait" for it, [:-censored] you, cuz Michal aint gonna go any faster just cuz you're impatient

i like comas...

eyic
October 1, 2003, 12:34 am
lol worm, i, like, commas, too, thats, why, you, should, take, a, deep, breath, everytime, u, put, a, comma,

Scuba Steve
October 1, 2003, 12:37 am
lol, i need to make sure my signature is fixed and good idea wormdundee. :)

Dragon88
October 1, 2003, 12:38 am
Far as I know, it's not michael holding things up, it's Ardaen.

3rd_account
October 1, 2003, 12:56 am
I hope you can type åäö in 1.2, right Michal? :/

Hanz
October 1, 2003, 1:05 am
Man koil, you relly seem to have some anger management issues! Jeeez, let people say what they want.*Sighs*

g_omega
October 1, 2003, 1:19 am
Well thanks for keeping us up to date, i look foreward to the new version when it comes out and im glad the time is being taken to make it right, caus i remember people bitching when 1.1.5 came out with all its bugs and people had to wait for a fix anyway, its is a much better way of doing things.

RDrull
October 1, 2003, 1:21 am
thx for telling becouse I thoth it would com out today

moysturfurmer
October 1, 2003, 2:19 am
Excuse my french, but who is Ardaen?

eyic
October 1, 2003, 2:23 am
the guy who looks after the lobby

Duke33
October 1, 2003, 2:27 am
Well, this at least saves me some time. In fact, its given me some satisfaction, because now at least i KNOW it wont be out for abit. I agree with some of the people; I would much rather it takes a month and be a better, bug free game rather than it being released now and being not all that much different.

DeafBox
October 1, 2003, 2:49 am
Im broken. Sooooooo sad. :(
I hope when it eventually comes out it can live up to the high expectations that these delays are causing.

that fuking sniper
October 1, 2003, 3:31 am
I like tomatoes and oranges...

wormdundee
October 1, 2003, 4:07 am
so what happened to TRRSam doing the lobby thingo, he wasnt good enough at it or something?

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 1, 2003, 4:07 am
Spontaneous lol i like Anime ^_^ lolz

Ardaen
October 1, 2003, 5:10 am
I'm Ardaen [;)]

I believe TSRSam didn't WANT to take care of the lobby anymore, but I dont really know.

As for the hitting cancel and requesting the list again... bandwidth does cost money you know.. plus it can be very annoying to have to request the server list 10 times in a row just to get the ip of that server you want.

Also a new design for the listserver would allow michal (or possibly me if I'm around still [:p]) to add new features that enhance soldat. (no I'm not gonna list them right now, that would be like a promise and I've hurt my credibility enough for a while)

NightCabbage
October 1, 2003, 5:20 am
Yes, I think it's GREAT that you're using TCP for the new lobby =D!!

and DAMN you people sure know how to spam! lol

1 day and 4 pages!

TRSSam
October 1, 2003, 9:37 am
Hi,

Well that's not true that im not interested in lobby anymore. I spent lot of time in upgrading it (there were more than 100 relases but fortunately only 1 person have to change lobby :) ) and adding some features (anyone noticed that lobby shows flags?). My idea was also "forward through lobby" to connect to servers without external IP. There were also other features prepared (one major of them was chat) but MM didn't want to or didn't have time to implement it in game.

I like my work but MM decided to change lobby administrator. I don't know why. For me it's about 2 minutes to upgrade lobby to be compatibile with 1.2.0, but MM said that he made a decision already.

When 1.2.0 is relased my lobby won't be longer needed. Thanks all guys for your comments and patience (especially when lobby was down).
I know that some of you don't like lobby (special thnx to NightCabbage :) ) but your negativie opinions and complains where a good motivation for hard work.

I hope that new lobby will work better for Soldat Players.

Donnie
October 1, 2003, 9:49 am
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! take TRSSam lobby n we will have 1.2 in 2 minutes :D LOL

ThaD
October 1, 2003, 9:54 am
I just wanted to thank you TRSSam for your contribution to this game. I know you've been with Soldat project right from the beggining and it has to be sad for you to be treated like this but don't worry you have enough skills to conquer the world!!! Damn I'm proud you're Pole, i wish you good luck and hope you will not turn against Soldat.

Pozdro stary, wiedz, ze zawsze mozesz liczyc na wsparcie kazdego z nas :)

cooz
October 1, 2003, 10:59 am
i've idea:
maybe trssam could make last version of His lobby server - v1.2 would be relased, and ardean could work in peace and when he'd finish his lobby michal would relase patch (or new version with possibility of translation and other stuff)...

cooz.

eyic
October 1, 2003, 11:06 am
is it just me or is www.soldat.prv.pl work now :)
you can use both now! :D

saltgurkan
October 1, 2003, 11:53 am
when does actually soldat 1.2 come?? [B)]

Element_101
October 1, 2003, 12:34 pm
Man im that kinda sux that soldats not comeing soon but hey Ill get over it

dose any 1 know when the actual release date is???

Donnie
October 1, 2003, 12:46 pm
He haven't said 1 yet n I HOPE HE DOESN'T! Then there will only be more SPAMMING in the forums because it's L8 again. It will be done when its done.

But it would be nice if he did like cooz suggested =)

Hercule Poirot
October 1, 2003, 1:06 pm
yeah i agree with cooz after all when i get new version i first play alone and try all these new thing what ever they are and only then go to play on servers

trssam lobby and soldat 1.2 release now after that lobby fix when ardean would get his lobby done would be best choise now :)

"I like my work but MM decided to change lobby administrator. I don't know why. For me it's about 2 minutes to upgrade lobby to be compatibile with 1.2.0, but MM said that he made a decision already."

better 2 minutes than 2 weeks

or you could both ardean & trssam do some team work to get it done faster

Ardaen
October 1, 2003, 1:22 pm
Well, I dont know whats happening with michal and TSRSam... As for my work, it shouldnt be taking this long, it normally wouldnt take this long. 2 minutes may be a bit short, especially for the first release when I must write everything from scratch. Unfortunatly the timing has been bad, I've been busy and often quite distracted.

AL3X1C0N
October 1, 2003, 2:09 pm
dude :"( release the english version already :"""""""""""""""(
NEED SOLDAT ELSE WILL KEEEEL MYSELF!!! :"(

Michal Marcinkowski
October 1, 2003, 3:52 pm
It's not only the lobby server!
I said in the middle of august that I have 1.1.6 ready. Well that was right but if I released it in that time it would just be "another" release. The new version will be different, more professional.
Thanks to the delay I got time to work on the network code. Also I fixed many many bugs in the past few weeks.
Also I'm still finishing the dedicated server for linux. It should not crash or kick players anymore. There will also be a DOS box version of the dedicated server for windows (like HLDS).
So as you can see, delays are for your own good:)

M
October 1, 2003, 4:26 pm
GJ Michal. I love you. :) (I am not gay)
Btw: I will blame all of those [:-censored]s who hate you.
Go Michal Go.

Dragon88
October 1, 2003, 5:07 pm
Thnx 4 the update Michal! Keep up the good work!

And thank u TRSSam for your contribution to soldat, even if it isn't going to be used any more, u have made a big difference in the history of soldat.

Happy Camper
October 1, 2003, 7:18 pm
i will be in indiana for a week that will help me pass the time, also thx for the delays, people who know me know that i need help wit witeing, so this will be good for me[:D]

mak89gt
October 1, 2003, 8:14 pm
i didnt quite read pages 2 and 3, its getting late now, but about soldat being fully translateable, will it come in Hindi or Urdu, the largest spoken languages spoken in the countries of the indian sub-continent?

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 1, 2003, 8:46 pm
No actually it means u can edit all text in game and menus so u have to translate it urself.

BTW Thx to everyone who worked on soldat and bring it to today ^_^

Hitman
October 1, 2003, 9:07 pm
quote:Also I fixed many many bugs in the past few weeks
Sounds good Michal!

quote:is it just me or is www.soldat.prv.pl work now :)
you can use both now! :D
Yes I noticed it too, it does work.

CardBoardWarrior
October 1, 2003, 9:31 pm
only thing is its a new adress. www.soldat.pl i think the old adress www.soldat.prv.pl will still work though. anyway i wish michal wudnt tell us anything about new realeases because we all just get our hopes up and all and now its not gonna b out for weeks......

Omorpheus Hunter
October 1, 2003, 9:36 pm
Hey michal, do you listen to polish rap?

oh thats offtopic...

Good luck on 1.2, keep up the good work :P

Hanz
October 2, 2003, 1:58 am
Look at this!A USELESS POST...*sigh* Ive wasted my life...

Spitzfiya
October 2, 2003, 2:25 am
SO SOLDAT wont be released this week?

Ardaen
October 2, 2003, 5:43 am
Maybe it will, maybe it wont. Indefinate, so dont hold your breath.

Donnie
October 2, 2003, 7:53 am
Maybe it will? That would be a mirakel but we all now god don't excist, so it wont come this week =)

Hitman
October 2, 2003, 9:29 am
Who knows, stop asking!

Cr4cK
October 2, 2003, 9:45 am
IT WILL BE RELEASED WHEN ITS DONE!!! stop being so... stupid...

eyic
October 2, 2003, 9:48 am
cr4ck u were the idiot being stupid in the other thread moron..

Donnie
October 2, 2003, 9:49 am
Spitzfiya is stupid =)

well said crack

CbbLe
October 2, 2003, 10:39 am
donnie is so stupid :P

Enik
October 2, 2003, 11:48 am
Donnie sucks :)

ThaD
October 2, 2003, 11:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Omorpheus Hunter
Hey michal, do you listen to polish rap?

and is there anything like that?

Donnie
October 2, 2003, 12:15 pm
I'm stupid =) and I suck(thats true) weeeeeeeeeee

macce
October 2, 2003, 2:55 pm
Ah, well... I guess this means back to Soul Calibour, then... (I don't complain)

Spitzfiya
October 2, 2003, 5:24 pm
Your all stupid, Stupids, lots o stupid, very stupid stupids [}:)]

Grit
October 2, 2003, 6:45 pm
crackwhore :(

Omorpheus Hunter
October 2, 2003, 7:19 pm
yea there is polish rap. Some of it is pretty good but others suck. Look for it on the net or somewhere

ThaD
October 2, 2003, 7:28 pm
ummm u mean polish hip-hop

mak89gt
October 2, 2003, 8:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kamikaze_Ninja
No actually it means u can edit all text in game and menus so u have to translate it urself.

does that mean i can use the hindi/urdu scripts or i am limited to english scripts?

BeTeL
October 2, 2003, 8:37 pm
hey michal... keep those updates comming please. atleast i can take the waiting alittle easier if i know whats going on[:D]

polish rap sounds quite stupid, just like german rap and the rap from all other countries[^]

Souza
October 2, 2003, 9:30 pm
hum... fully translated... does that mean i can have it in Portuguese?

Cr4cK
October 2, 2003, 9:41 pm
if u translate it urself, yes.

WaR DoG2150
October 2, 2003, 9:48 pm
im gonna mod soldat completly with this time. and i was wondering is my modded stuff gonna go away in the next patch. just so i wont waste my time modding

Ardaen
October 2, 2003, 10:25 pm
quote:does that mean i can use the hindi/urdu scripts or i am limited to english scripts?

Just guessing here, but I think you'll hafta change the font if you want to use a different character set.

Maybe michal could have an option in the language files allowing you to select font...

But I havent looked at how that works yet, so this is all just guessing.

BManx2000
October 2, 2003, 10:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by WaR DoG2150
im gonna mod soldat completly with this time. and i was wondering is my modded stuff gonna go away in the next patch. just so i wont waste my time modding

I doubt it, unless Michal changed the names of the files or removed some or something, but why would he do a thing like that?

Hanz
October 3, 2003, 12:43 am
Well either way, I am sure that Michal and Ardaen are working very hard, and for that, me and {MOMA} applaud!Way to go guys!:)

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 3, 2003, 2:29 am
Ardaen I was thinking of the same exact thing about the fonts I wonder if u rename the fonts that u want to use to the fonts right now and overwrite em I think it may work.

Dragon88
October 3, 2003, 3:22 am
sure it will work.

123ccc
October 3, 2003, 5:55 am
I hope 1.2 will issue quickly

Hitman
October 3, 2003, 9:41 am
123ccc is obviously using a translater...'issue',lol.

Dragon88
October 3, 2003, 8:42 pm
sry man. It's not coming soon.

M
October 3, 2003, 9:37 pm
1.2 will issue when my B-day is.
For 19 days.
Woot what a nice birthday present. [:P][:P]

BManx2000
October 3, 2003, 10:42 pm
I hope it comes out sooner thanthat, M...

Spitzfiya
October 4, 2003, 12:20 am
I feel it coming

Hanz
October 4, 2003, 5:21 am
I feel nothing but bordom...god give me a game!!

Spitzfiya
October 4, 2003, 6:41 am
God knows it too...

Element_101
October 4, 2003, 9:23 am
1.2 is gonna rock I was kinda bummed out when michal said it would be delayed but [:-censored] happens Ill get over it

NuZZ
October 4, 2003, 10:13 am
HAHAHAHAha... 1.2 is pretty good, and iv trans lots of stuff for my Cyborg mod... it will mod every single thing , hopefully , if I have the time.... Arg
---
1.2 will be out soon, us beta testers have basicy found most of the bugsso far... So theres only the lobby server 2 go, and just a lil bit more... C ya later for 1.2

cooz
October 4, 2003, 11:45 am
nuzz, if u were attentive u'd know that lobby isn't only holdback to relase 1.2; michal said that he wants to finish linux dedicated server and from what i know he started studies on 1st and maybe when lobby will be finshed we have to wait some more time...

Quackinator
October 4, 2003, 2:23 pm
can u beta testers, MM, or aerden at least give the public some screenshots of soldat 1.2 so we can stare at somthing for a long time instead of spamming in the forums?

The Second One
October 4, 2003, 2:59 pm
i actually dun care how long it takes as long as it gets better by the time... dunno hope u got that because i didnt'

NightCabbage
October 4, 2003, 3:23 pm
1.1.5 is quite a good version to hold out on until 1.2 :)

Grit
October 4, 2003, 5:22 pm
i dont feel like summing up all the bugs and other stuff that makes it a stupid game to play, but i will:
stupid lag, when you play on lan, the bullets just dont do any damage.
damn flag keeps warping
guns wont fire sometimes
you are lucky to have a gun at start.
when i step into a nade, i always die. NO EXCEPTIONS. always die.
but when I throw one, or even 5, nobody gets hurt, they walk over them and then shoot me with stupid guns. That is even when the grenade doesnt explode in my own face when i fly around and throw them.

GOD i love this game.

It is the most smple game i know. Try to play Return to castle wolfenstein. I have no idea who is in my team, or who is the enemy, they all shoot at me.
stupid games.

EDIT: dont read this when you are cool, or have a life.
dont reply when you are cool or very cool, or have a life

Guil
October 4, 2003, 7:05 pm
I feel like Grit! All those bugs make v1.1.5 the worst version ever.

Dragon88
October 4, 2003, 7:44 pm
I wouldn't say worst ever, but certainly not anything worth crowing about.

Hitman
October 4, 2003, 7:49 pm
Sounds good, I can't wait.

3rd_account
October 4, 2003, 9:09 pm
When I grow up I wanna be a beta-tester

?
October 4, 2003, 9:34 pm
Grit your an idiot,wait didn't i say that before =P

Grit
October 4, 2003, 10:36 pm
you did actually, together with 15 others.
WHY DO YOU HATE ME, WHY?
IS IT MY BEARD? must be the beard i guess. Oh wait, i dont have one :(

THEN IT MUST BE BECAUSE MY SHIFTKEY IS BROKEN!

Dragon88
October 4, 2003, 10:58 pm
could be...

Element_101
October 5, 2003, 2:02 am
Lol beard!!!!!!!!!

eyic
October 5, 2003, 2:12 am
1.2 doesnt look a tad different than 1.1.5, so a screenshot wont mean [:-censored], when you play you'll feel the difference :|

?
October 5, 2003, 2:32 am
quote:IS IT MY BEARD? must be the beard i guess. Oh wait, i dont have one :(

THEN IT MUST BE BECAUSE MY SHIFTKEY IS BROKEN!no actually hate you cause your an idiot... plus i loves beards i will grown one once i get out of my facialhair hating school and your shift key being broken adds into you being an idiot =)

Frosty
October 5, 2003, 3:40 am
quote:Originally posted by ?
quote:IS IT MY BEARD? must be the beard i guess. Oh wait, i dont have one :(

THEN IT MUST BE BECAUSE MY SHIFTKEY IS BROKEN!no actually hate you cause your an idiot... plus i loves beards i will grown one once i get out of my facialhair hating school and your shift key being broken adds into you being an idiot =)

HAHA. yeah. grow a beard graham.

I'd like to see *that*.

redscitle
October 5, 2003, 3:49 am
I am so confused, But yet grit, ur awesome to keep me from typing all of that in the bugs section. [:-censored] beards, the hair grows, then curls out and in, then the ends touch ur face, and it [:-censored]ing itches, damn. Understand it, PLEASE. wait, what happened to the delay announcement, it musta got lost in all the facial hair.

Spitzfiya
October 5, 2003, 3:55 am
Well I got the scoop and found out 1.2 kicks ass. you see, My great god (called mr cheese) is a beta tester and he said that I will have to sacrifice my left nut for the chance to play Soldat 1.2.

Bummer :/

ZeRo222
October 5, 2003, 4:24 am
There is no great god called "Mr.Cheese" the great god is called "Michal"!

Spitzfiya
October 5, 2003, 4:49 am
Michal wouldnt make me sacrifice my left testical..............or would he?

g_omega
October 5, 2003, 10:27 am
No, i would be thinking more the right.

Grit
October 5, 2003, 12:20 pm
as if you need it.

Element_101
October 5, 2003, 1:07 pm
Umm yer I think he would hes done a fuking good job of keepin the game from the pubic all the beta

testers must be faithful minions lol!!

pongo
October 5, 2003, 5:47 pm
Michel, you could not write more often to a forum. We live from one your message up to another

Hiei
October 5, 2003, 5:57 pm
ppl its not such a big deal it'll be done soon plus its probably worth the wait

Hanz
October 5, 2003, 6:16 pm
*cries*...stop yelling....

Guil
October 5, 2003, 6:31 pm
/me rise his right hand in the air.

Is there new music in 1.2?

Cr4cK
October 5, 2003, 6:49 pm
MAN! FOR THE FIRST TIME: MAKE YER OWN MUSIC!
CANT THE YOUNG PPL LISTEN THESE DAYS!

NightCabbage
October 5, 2003, 11:15 pm
Guys, this is spam.

It's spam because it is completely non-related to the topic, which is the delay of Soldat 1.2

Wanna spam?

Bash Pit :)

More spam here = locked topic ;)

cooz
October 5, 2003, 11:20 pm
ardaen could u give us any sign of life? tell us how are works going, did our lobby still have many bugs etc etc

(a bit impatient) cooz.

Guil
October 5, 2003, 11:21 pm
This is not spam 'cause I just ask if there is new music in V1.2. :))

If you talk about my last post, I'll delete it.

EDIT: Cooz, I've seen Ardean in-game today and he's working hard on this.

Ardaen
October 6, 2003, 12:00 am
I AM NOT!......err...... I mean..... yes working hard................
(that should be good for another page or two of messages)

Spitzfiya
October 6, 2003, 12:22 am
OMG, I can belive 1.2 is being delayed! [:-weepn]

How is that for on topic?

Dragon88
October 6, 2003, 2:34 am
Spitzfiya, I believe Michal would be thrilled to deprive u of that useless organ. BTW: U aren't a girl are u? LOL

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand.

1.2 will be the best version ever in terms of bug-less-ness, however I'm not sure about the balancing of the weapons. I don't think the autos should be brought up much, as it is the Minimi (used properly of course) is an awesome weapon. The MP5 is next to useless, but more because of it's range and small clip, not it's power. The AK-74 should be brought up, as well as the Steyr-Aug. The M79s range should be increased a little bit.

My idea for balancing the Barret would be like this:
Since when u are lying down, you are supposedly looking through a scope, y not limit the FOV to that of what u would see when looking through a scope? When looking through a scope, your FOV would be reduced to a cone increasing somewhat in size the further u look and u can't see players outside that FOV, this way, a sniper can't cover 2-3 points of approach all at once. It wouldn't eliminate snipers all together, but certainly reduce the tendency to camp on your flag.

Just a thought, and prolly belongs in the Game Suggestions section...

AquaShyGuy
October 6, 2003, 4:27 am
thats a good idea dragon but i think it would get a little annoying.

WaR DoG2150
October 6, 2003, 4:49 am
im just gonna give up on 1.2 ill just play 1.1.5 wean 1.2 comes out it might be 1.4 since hes updateing still....but i dont care anymore cuz im tired of waiting.ill go play something else for a long time too

Spitzfiya
October 6, 2003, 6:38 am
No man Im a boy....I checked

Guil - Your avatar is cool but it really slowwwws down this page, lol

Element_101
October 6, 2003, 2:31 pm
Limiting the barrets LOS would make the gun a bit useless becasue you would have to find a perfect

spot so people dont jump on you and stick a chainsaw in your arse but I guess It

would get rid of those annoying people that hide behind the barackades and shoot you in the back

when you least expect it!!

Spitzfiya
October 6, 2003, 3:14 pm
quote:Limiting the barrets LOS would make the gun a bit useless becasue you would have to find a perfect

spot so people dont jump on you and stick a chainsaw in your arse but I guess It

would get rid of those annoying people that hide behind the barackades and shoot you in the back

when you least expect it!!

Knifes are better than chainsaws for silent and quick arse attacks

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 6, 2003, 4:29 pm
^Yes quite Ive always like going against chainsawers cause they try to chase me I run away to capture higher ground and a knife flies toward their head and *bam* dead ;-)

WaR DoG2150
October 6, 2003, 5:40 pm
chainsaw needs a roll attack

BeTeL
October 6, 2003, 5:41 pm
sigh... another week at the slavery... please gimme the game soon to brighten up my old common schoolday

Spitzfiya
October 6, 2003, 7:03 pm
quote:chainsaw needs a roll attack

Thats a great idea [:-devil][:-devil]
Its so perfect, More people would use the chainsaw

WaR DoG2150
October 6, 2003, 7:32 pm
and whould use these too...

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] xxyp92si_jpg.jpg20.04 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] GBB_DESERT_EAGLE_jpg.jpg24.49 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] xx_clear_mini_dpms_jpg.jpg32.74 KB

Cr4cK
October 6, 2003, 8:15 pm
Nice soft air guns! :) i got an mp5!

Spitzfiya
October 6, 2003, 8:26 pm
Air soft :P
I want one :O

Cr4cK
October 6, 2003, 8:36 pm
Isnt it soft air gun?
Yeah, it would be cool with thoose guns in soldat! especially that M4A1 or M16

ClanKwH
October 6, 2003, 8:42 pm
AAARGH DONT PUT AIR SOFT GUNS IN SOLDAT :(

g_omega
October 7, 2003, 1:35 am
Now this is off topic, any update on how long away 1.2 is?

eyic
October 7, 2003, 4:59 am
probably a month or 2 ;)

kebabi
October 7, 2003, 6:08 am
Month or 2 :O
I can't wait that long :P
But no air soft guns to soldat!!
And roll-attack to Chainsaw is a great idea.

Donnie
October 7, 2003, 6:22 am
WTF chainsaw rolling and air guns?

Close this topic!

Hitman
October 7, 2003, 9:00 am
quote:probably a month or 2 ;)
Are you serious?

M
October 7, 2003, 12:57 pm
Please say you are kidding cause i can't take it to longer. I will throw myself in a river.

ClanKwH
October 7, 2003, 1:11 pm
MAN I EXECUTE MICHAL IF ITS 2 MONTHS!!! AAAARGH!

ReDevil
October 7, 2003, 1:39 pm
WE ALL WILL, I MEAN COME ON HOW MUCH TIME??? Michal said all the big games get delayed.. cuz they are really BIG, with grapichs and stuff, lets hope 1.2 will be super good

eyic
October 7, 2003, 1:44 pm
nah i was joking, its 5 months

Ardaen
October 7, 2003, 2:10 pm
No no no... you got it all wrong... its atleast 12 months.

eyic
October 7, 2003, 2:22 pm
nah hardean is a liar, its 1 1/2 years

ClanKwH
October 7, 2003, 2:25 pm
MAN NOT A MONTH MORE!!

eyic
October 7, 2003, 2:28 pm
no i said, 1 1/2 years, cant you read?

BeTeL
October 7, 2003, 3:34 pm
i think its 765434 weeks... not exactly but maybe sumthing like that:P

lol...

3rd_account
October 7, 2003, 4:00 pm
You high boys? If it would take over 2 months for it to be perfect Michal would release 1.2 as soon as the lobby is done(*caugh*Ardean*caugh* ;) and then release 1.2.1 when he gets done with the remaining stuff.

ClanKwH
October 7, 2003, 4:27 pm
yeah but remaining stuff can be much he gotta give the homepages the game first.. and they gotta make link for it and so on!

Zaphod_Beeblebrox_666
October 7, 2003, 5:11 pm
[:-boggled]Geeeessssss guys Chill Out!!!!! calm down, sit back and relax we have all waited this long Im sure it will come out when its ready. Thers absolutly NO point in complaneing even if it takes a year ur not gonna make it any quicker trying to kill dnagames server buy filling it full of crap. besides which the more they delay the game the more they get to put into it (multilanguage for a start) and the more bugs the betatesters can find. its not like anyone get payed large amounts of cash for makeing this stunning game so just sit down a chill and hope 1.2 is as good as it sounds or im sure the dna stick beating will arive again[:O]

chainsaw roll = good
barret screan thing = bad
some chat in the lobby whold be nice but thats for the seggestions topic[;)]

ClanKwH
October 7, 2003, 5:18 pm
NO THEY DONT GET MORE THINGS IN IT!! ITS FINISHED JERK! :P

Spitzfiya
October 7, 2003, 5:27 pm
Soldat is cool

Michal Marcinkowski
October 7, 2003, 5:45 pm
Yeah, Air Soft Guns are cool! I have a Walther PPK and it cost 4 PLN (that's about 1$). I tweaked it too make it shoot harder, so it hurts more:)). Well anyways I would love to buy this baby :)) -> http://military.pl/cgi-bin/milshop/ASGM60E3.html (900 bullets a minute).

Soldat update: Well fortunatly/unfortunatly I found a couple bugs so I'm glad I didn't publish the new version earlier. I want everything to be just fine.

M
October 7, 2003, 6:29 pm
Yep i also have air guns.
I have 45 automatic caliber (it is broken [:(]) I have a Smith & Wesson i dunno what is the model but it really kicks an arse. Then i have another Smith & Wesson which is broken too. Then i have one Automatic Kalaschnikov 45 which is a hell of a weapon. (Shooted my sister because of mistake one day) and a really broken Sawed off (THis was a hell of a weapon too). I had others but all of them broke and one i lost. (The lost one was the best i had.)

3rd_account
October 7, 2003, 7:32 pm
Plz Michal, don't change the subject :P

http://medlem.spray.se/allstarbojjs/IMAG0004D.jpg
I was thinking of getting this one relacquered and bump all the dents out for B-day, and then pay aditional 400 kronor a month to pull out the plugs, saw of the sverigerör and take out the tight rings in the exhaustpipe which probibly will make it go 120 instead of 80.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox_666
October 7, 2003, 7:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by ClanKwH
NO THEY DONT GET MORE THINGS IN IT!! ITS FINISHED JERK! :P

dude you just proved my point there and if youed actualy read the whole thread before spaming all over it you whold know that athough it was finished there have been aditions (multilanguage,bugfixes etc)since then so im glad its been delayed for awhile the more delay the more time spent on finalising the game the less irritateing bugs and lag etc will be in it

so chill out dude it will be released when its good and ready to be
and get ur facts straight next time bud

Rixter
October 7, 2003, 7:56 pm
Good book, eh?

Hermann
October 7, 2003, 8:27 pm
Nooo!! :(
It will take months, I think... :(

Dragon88
October 7, 2003, 9:19 pm
Guys, it will never come out. Plain and simple. The lobby will never be finished, and Michal will keep on saying "just a little more perfect". Give it up. 1.1.5 is where the soldat story ends...

Ardaen
October 7, 2003, 11:44 pm
I also want everything fine and perfect. I figure now that I've delayed this much I might as well take a bit of extra time and make sure it will work.

M: "Lost" eh? You say it was your best one, you sure someone like say that sister you shot didn't "lose" it for you [;)]

Frosty
October 7, 2003, 11:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ardaen
I also want everything fine and perfect. I figure now that I've delayed this much I might as well take a bit of extra time and make sure it will work.

Can you perhaps tell us how much progress you have made?

(kinda like the jungle map [;)])

Spitzfiya
October 8, 2003, 12:11 am
I have an AirSoft desert eagle....no air tho :/

Ardaen
October 8, 2003, 2:13 am
Well.... I've made a few things.... like a PINK BUNNY LAUNCHER OF DOOM my new code hacks into michal's code and installs this new weapon. Ofcourse only I can use the PINK BUNNY LAUNCHER OF DOOM. I shall use my PINK BUNNY LAUNCHER OF DOOM to destroy you all!!!!!MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*cough*

Right then... I'm actually not releasing any new features for this first release, or atleast nothing new for the first BETA that contains the listserver code... well thats not true, but I doubt most of you really care about the details of the new more efficient compressed TCP based listserver protocol.

BManx2000
October 8, 2003, 2:34 am
All I heard was that the benefit would be that the request server won't occaisonally seize up or something like that...

*cough*nowworkfaster!*cough*

AquaShyGuy
October 8, 2003, 4:18 am
Didn't i see you playin' on a dm server today? ;)

Spitzfiya
October 8, 2003, 5:47 am
1.2!!!!!!!!!![:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil][:-devil]1.2!!!!!!!!

We need a preview movie!

palloco
October 8, 2003, 10:10 am
but I doubt most of you really care about the details of the new more efficient compressed TCP based listserver protocol.

I am one of those who is interested. This is what I am studying now at university. Could you please tell us about that?

g_omega
October 8, 2003, 10:29 am
Any chances of a preview screen shot?

Element_101
October 8, 2003, 11:21 am
I doubt it this games locked up tight it aient funny, no leaks anywere

Ardaen
October 8, 2003, 12:20 pm
palloco: Well... its just that... because it matters that all the sent data reaches the client (supposedly it doesn't matter for the gameplay...) and because time is not an issue (within reasonable limits ofcourse) I'm using tcp for the listserver.

As for the compression, again, its just that. This is a free (mostly) game, therefor there is not a lot of money (none that I have access to) for the listserver. People may be kind enough to donate bandwidth but it is best to try and reduce how much we use. A few bitmasks and bitshifts and you can shrink the size of the packet a fair amount, run it through one of the many freely avalible compression algorithms and you shrink it even more. Since the data sent by the server is soo repetative you dont need to spend much of the proccessor's time doing this, only once every server update, not ever time a client requests the data.

Hitman
October 8, 2003, 12:49 pm
quote:palloco: Well... its just that... because it matters that all the sent data reaches the client (supposedly it doesn't matter for the gameplay...) and because time is not an issue (within reasonable limits ofcourse) I'm using tcp for the listserver.

As for the compression, again, its just that. This is a free (mostly) game, therefor there is not a lot of money (none that I have access to) for the listserver. People may be kind enough to donate bandwidth but it is best to try and reduce how much we use. A few bitmasks and bitshifts and you can shrink the size of the packet a fair amount, run it through one of the many freely avalible compression algorithms and you shrink it even more. Since the data sent by the server is soo repetative you dont need to spend much of the proccessor's time doing this, only once every server update, not ever time a client requests the data....In English please.

Spitzfiya
October 8, 2003, 3:06 pm
I understood it.....[xx(]
And it sounds great

ReDevil
October 8, 2003, 4:46 pm
anyway i think we will see 1.2 in year 2004 :\

Topi
October 8, 2003, 5:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by ReDevil
anyway i think we will see 1.2 in year 2004 :

Humm, I don't think so. I would say, A month, two, At the most. But that's just my educated guess. Next year is over shooting it.
But when it's ready, he will release it.

ClanKwH
October 8, 2003, 6:20 pm
I guess it gets Delayed or something JUST before it comes out :P

ClanKwH
October 8, 2003, 6:22 pm
But if it only needs to get the lobby server up it cannot take a month or 2!! a weak at least

Dragon88
October 8, 2003, 6:27 pm
Just a minute. U guys appearantly didn't read my post. IT'S NOT COMING OUT. at all.

Spitzfiya
October 8, 2003, 6:33 pm
^Your kidding right?

Hitman
October 8, 2003, 7:04 pm
No, Spitzfiya, he is being serious. Haven't read Michals latest Topic? His computer crashed and he lost all of the Soldat stuff, so he can't do it anymore and OF COURSE HE'S JOKING!!!....

Oh and ClanKwH, DOUBLE POST.

Wow that was fun.

Anduril2413
October 8, 2003, 7:04 pm
Dragon88, are you on drugs or something? no one is going to listen to a stupid doomsayer that has no reason to prophesize the ending of the project other then seeing the glass half empty. my advice to you would be to pop an anti-depressant before you kill yourself because the teletubbies are going to get cancelled.

P.S. good job so far michal, i'm loving 1.1.5, and i can't wait for the new lobby.

Hitman
October 8, 2003, 7:08 pm
Lol, Anduril2413 posted 9 seconds after me. [:O]

ClanKwH
October 8, 2003, 7:10 pm
It Aint a double post Hitman.. i just wrote the other one :P lata

Hitman
October 8, 2003, 7:10 pm
Lol, Anduril2413 posted 9 seconds after me.[:O]

Anduril2413
October 8, 2003, 10:39 pm
THAT was a double post [:P]

WaR DoG2150
October 8, 2003, 11:40 pm

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] example 3.JPG20.47 KB

hows this?

Spitzfiya
October 9, 2003, 12:01 am
Thats a Screen shot from soldat I belive. Its not however an example of double posting.

g_omega
October 9, 2003, 3:04 am
well its more on topic than double posting.

Quackinator
October 9, 2003, 11:27 am
It would be good if soldat 1.2 hav a character editor screen where you can change the looks of your person. Also if you go play on a server, the other people will see your custom-made character instead of the common soldat character.

P.S. Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack!

Spitzfiya
October 9, 2003, 3:09 pm
P.S. Suggestion forum ;)

Michal Marcinkowski
October 9, 2003, 3:21 pm
The same stuff that Ardaen said will be in 1.2b for the UDP code so the network code should be more efficient.

pongo
October 9, 2003, 4:05 pm
mmm... but when we can see soldatt?

Frosty
October 9, 2003, 7:13 pm

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] example 3.JPG20.47 KB

hows this?

Is that a new interface from 1.2?

Rixter
October 9, 2003, 7:22 pm
Hope not...:S

Dragon88
October 9, 2003, 8:03 pm
Yeah, guys. I was a bit depressed this week. It will eventually come out. It's just more likely to be later than sooner. :(

WaR DoG2150
October 9, 2003, 9:07 pm
no its from 1.1.5 i made all the stuff in the pic. in my soldat

Kazuki
October 9, 2003, 10:44 pm
Hey, everyone...I know this is a bit off-topic...but I'm having a little trouble with Soldat. I start playing...and after about 1 minute it says "Access Violation of blah blah blah" and it freezes. Does anyone know how I can fix this? And no I dont use hacks of any sort.

M
October 9, 2003, 10:45 pm
I want to see a picture from 1.2. PLS post one for us Michal.

Frosty
October 9, 2003, 10:46 pm
no its from 1.1.5 i made all the stuff in the pic. in my soldat

Hey WaR DoG2150, is your signature from ragnarok?

I've never played the game before, but it looks similar.

WaR DoG2150
October 9, 2003, 11:30 pm
i havent played raganarok but i will play it at the end of the school year for free for the first time

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 10, 2003, 12:27 am
w00t I can use my account again lol.

g_omega
October 10, 2003, 2:28 am
raganarok???

Ardaen
October 10, 2003, 3:43 am
I'm guessing wardog means RO (Ragnarok online), its an online rpg game.

Spitzfiya
October 10, 2003, 5:58 am
So where the fak is 1.2 and why arnt I playing it!?!

3rd_account
October 10, 2003, 8:43 am
Michal, please release it on my B-day the 14th, that would be the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me! :)

eyic
October 10, 2003, 9:00 am
quote:Originally posted by M

ffs, soldat 1.2 looks EXACTLY the same as the current version, ffs, when you play it u'll feel the difference....

Hitman
October 10, 2003, 9:01 am
Awwww, how sweet.

M
October 10, 2003, 2:16 pm
Damn. I need to beta test it or else i will trhow myself from the window.

Hitman
October 10, 2003, 3:31 pm
Yeah, how do you become a beta tester?

M
October 10, 2003, 4:08 pm
I am not a beta tester but ask michal and he will make you one. He didn;t make me one.

BeTeL
October 10, 2003, 9:54 pm
michal... learn to never say that the patch is comming out *soon*... it makes ppl wait and get restless(like me). i cant help it but its friggin annoying knowing that its comming out *soon*.

M
October 11, 2003, 7:41 am
Well when he said that everyone waited to come out any second. And then he says it will be out in a year or two.

Spitzfiya
October 11, 2003, 9:22 am
SOLDAT IS COMING!

Hitman
October 11, 2003, 11:15 am
quote:My old sig is gone.Why has it gone?

M
October 11, 2003, 11:26 am
It was hacked by hacker. [:(] You know he attacked me on this forum but no one belleave's me.

Hitman
October 11, 2003, 12:38 pm
Why don't you just put it back on, or did he hack your computer?

Spitzfiya
October 12, 2003, 5:03 am
Yeah M put your sig back! its not like its gone forever...

eyic
October 12, 2003, 6:16 am

OMFG LOOK A PICTURE FROM SOLDAT 1.2 I THINK IM GONNA EXPLODE OMFG IT LOOKS AMAZINGLY DIFFERENT, OMFG!!!!!!!! (oh and im not lieing this is from soldat 1.2b)
[IMAGE]

HAPPY NOW?! IT LOOKS SOO MUCH DIFFERENT DOESNT IT!! no go and drool over it and stop posting here...

plumb989
October 12, 2003, 6:26 am
HEY GUYS IM NEW TO THE SITE ^^ CALL ME PLUMBS BTW MY COPY OF SOLDAT UNREGISTERED WONT WORK IN THE LOBBY IVE TRIED RE INSTALLINGS TILL WONT WORK...I GOT THE LATEST 1.1.5 BUT IT STILL WONT WORK. CAN NE OF U GUYS HELP ME?

frogboy
October 12, 2003, 7:54 am
You need to change whats inside lobby.txt to lobby.safeland.org

M
October 12, 2003, 9:26 am
You are hiding the new weapons and the new tanks and humvees. Also the new explosion and the new rabit mode. Lol just kidding.
Btw: I really can't wait anymore.

BeTeL
October 12, 2003, 9:28 am
im really getting annoyed more and more for every [:-censored]ing week i wait... most games got a REAL release date

NightCabbage
October 12, 2003, 11:21 am
And most games don't actually get released on their release dates ^^

Dark_Noddy
October 12, 2003, 12:08 pm
Thats True Indeed :D

Element_101
October 12, 2003, 1:33 pm
Yes very true!.

quote:Originally posted by plumb989
HEY GUYS IM NEW TO THE SITE ^^ CALL ME PLUMBS BTW MY COPY OF SOLDAT UNREGISTERED WONT WORK IN THE LOBBY IVE TRIED RE INSTALLINGS TILL WONT WORK...I GOT THE LATEST 1.1.5 BUT IT STILL WONT WORK. CAN NE OF U GUYS HELP ME?

Get the all seeing eye!. theres a forum for these error

posts.

pongo
October 12, 2003, 1:48 pm
Why it is impossible to lay out 1.2 now, and then to spread patches to it?

Dark_Noddy
October 12, 2003, 2:02 pm
LOL ! All n00bs Thik The lobby doesnt work !! What They Dont KNow Is the fact that The Lobby Ip has changed !

Pongo.. How long Have U been playing ? I bet my ass U wouldnt be saying That if U plaed Since 113 or pre !

Hitman
October 12, 2003, 4:03 pm
Hey Eyic, I can see that you have painted over the name of the next map...that must mean that there is a new map, that you don't want us to know about!!!

WaR DoG2150
October 12, 2003, 8:19 pm
im hungrey lets eat zombies

Hitman
October 12, 2003, 9:15 pm
quote:im hungrey lets eat zombiesRandom!

BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 9:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by pongo
Why it is impossible to lay out 1.2 now, and then to spread patches to it?

Because when Aredaen finishes the lobby (IF HE EVER DOES!!!!!!!!11!!!1), we'd have another 1.1.5 situation where noobs wouldn't know to change the address.

WaR DoG2150
October 13, 2003, 3:02 am
can someone tell me if my interface in this pic is good or not

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot.JPG30.17 KB

Haro1121
October 13, 2003, 4:08 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
Hey Eyic, I can see that you have painted over the name of the next map...that must mean that there is a new map, that you don't want us to know about!!!

I know wut map that is mwhahahaahaahahha

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 13, 2003, 4:18 am
lol Wardog u told the guy to stay out of ur screenshot haha.

eyic
October 13, 2003, 4:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman

Nah I done that so that u "think" theres a new map, lol ;)

Element_101
October 13, 2003, 10:51 am
Lol thats tight!.

Spitzfiya
October 13, 2003, 11:08 am
w00t new map!

bucky_brad
October 13, 2003, 11:36 am
na i dont reckon that was a new map just looked like areana if ya ask me but there is bound to be some new maps in it if its taking so long to release. :P

ZeRo222
October 13, 2003, 2:21 pm
I know everything about 1.2 but I will not make any trubble for Michal so I just will be quiet.

M
October 13, 2003, 4:05 pm
Lol war dog.
Btw that is a nice interface.

WaR DoG2150
October 13, 2003, 4:20 pm
that interface i made myself. who wants me to post it?

.FF.nEcRoTik
October 13, 2003, 7:16 pm
You'll post an interface in the maps section? o.O

Spitzfiya
October 13, 2003, 8:22 pm
Zero: Does it kick ass?

BeTeL
October 14, 2003, 8:18 am
nice signature spitzfiya

avskums nice comment:P

Element_101
October 14, 2003, 10:28 am
quote:Originally posted by ZeRo222
I know everything about 1.2 but I will not make any trubble for Michal so I just will be quiet.

Why tell us if your not gonna say anything? are you trying to make

us insane???!!!

M
October 14, 2003, 2:01 pm
Its been a whole month 2 days 10 hours 50 minutes 10 seconds 17 miliseconds 1364 nano seconds and still no soldat 1.2

ZeRo222
October 14, 2003, 2:44 pm
Yeah it kicks ass, but havent try it out at the limit so I dont know all new things in it...
and yes im trying to make u ppl crazy! :)

ReDevil
October 14, 2003, 3:34 pm
ffs there wont 1.2 i think

cooz
October 14, 2003, 3:53 pm
zero u're so pitiful :P

WaR DoG2150
October 15, 2003, 2:38 am
well should i post the interface or not??

http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/WaR%20DoG2150/200310133215_screenshot.JPG

Guil
October 15, 2003, 2:59 am
cool interface dude.

Hey what's up with v1.2? What is the progression on 100? Just wanna know 'cause my mod is near finished and I want to know if I can take my time to finish it well lol :)

NightCabbage
October 15, 2003, 11:28 am
WaR DoG - lol dude, look at the title of this thread :)

Note how it does not read "Post your interfaces here!"

rofl

From now on - I'm gonna delete all posts that are either spam or offtopic.

Has to be done :P

And just post the darn thing war dog :P lol

Omenalimonadi-
October 15, 2003, 5:45 pm
It seems that 1.2b got leaked.

Dragon88
October 15, 2003, 7:50 pm
WHAT?!

JERM
October 15, 2003, 7:51 pm
the longer we wait, the better it will be.

hope we wont have to wait that long tho.

M
October 15, 2003, 7:58 pm
Yep 1.2 is dead. I afraid.
Just kidding.

Omenalimonadi-
October 15, 2003, 8:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dragon88
WHAT?!

It's going around IRC.

Never thrust betatesters without condom.

NightCabbage
October 16, 2003, 12:43 am
haha! :P

But yea, a few people have gotten it :/

Not that it matters, lol

It's just a buggier, unfinished version of the final release ^_^

eyic
October 16, 2003, 1:37 am
ffs war dog, no one cares about your interfaces, geez, go start ur own thread about them, oh and they arnt very special :|

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 16, 2003, 3:26 am
Michal wants more ppl to play the beta neways so no loss in it being leaked now.

g_omega
October 16, 2003, 5:26 am
There is a beta available??
Where?

Spitzfiya
October 16, 2003, 6:46 am
Shhhhh!

eyic
October 16, 2003, 7:18 am
stfu, the beta isnt getting distriputed its gettign leaked, we arnt asking people to have it, and we arnt givign a public link....

sickre
October 16, 2003, 8:51 am
[:-censored]ing hell this is anooying ... cant the DEV people just post a release date, or at least an update.

Hitman
October 16, 2003, 9:38 am
Calm down!

quote:well should i post the interface or not??Just post it! You've got nothing to lose, so stop asking.

Frosty
October 16, 2003, 7:31 pm
Is there a better keymapping system in the new version?

BManx2000
October 16, 2003, 7:33 pm
What's wrong with the current keymapping system?

Zingo
October 16, 2003, 7:38 pm
Well see :/

Hitman
October 16, 2003, 9:11 pm
What the hell is a key mapping system?

BeTeL
October 16, 2003, 9:13 pm
i hope 1.2 is comming out this weekend... or next, or week 44, 45,46,47,48,49,50,51 or 52... or why not next year?

anyway i hope its comming this weekend...

the more u dont do anything, the bigger is the chance u do it(technically)... so michal got a huge chance of releasing it this weekend[:P]

Frosty
October 16, 2003, 9:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
What's wrong with the current keymapping system?

I cannot set my space bar to throw grenades without a hassle, and I wish to assign several unavailable options to certain keys.

Grit
October 16, 2003, 9:46 pm
1.2 rules compared to 1.1.5

Ardaen
October 16, 2003, 10:39 pm
There are still a few network bugs that could use some fixing in 1.2. [:p]

Other than that, michal is waiting for the updated listserver component. I sent him one (which he never recieved? meh) but I decided on a better way to build it, less work for both of us if I ever updated the listserver and add new features for later versions.

So now michal is waiting, once again, for me to send him the listserver component.

R
October 16, 2003, 11:45 pm
yay for ardaen delaying 1.2!! woo go ardaen! :) lol jk, hope that the server will be better and everything will work better. take your time ardaen :)

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 16, 2003, 11:55 pm
since u cant send it to him why not upload it somewhere and let him dl it.

dstruct2k
October 17, 2003, 12:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Ardaen
There are still a few network bugs that could use some fixing in 1.2. [:p]

Other than that, michal is waiting for the updated listserver component. I sent him one (which he never recieved? meh) but I decided on a better way to build it, less work for both of us if I ever updated the listserver and add new features for later versions.

So now michal is waiting, once again, for me to send him the listserver component.

Take as long as you need, but please make sure that he gets what you send. :) If you need somewhere to temporarily store it for an hour or so, PM me and I can help you out. :)

cooz
October 17, 2003, 12:59 am
ardaen, as there is already big delay of soldat release don't hurry: make everything slowly and precisely; check everying two times - make sure that new server will be best version on lobby ever ;)

Spitzfiya
October 17, 2003, 6:24 am
YEah take your time ...The excitment is over anyways :P
It will come out when it comes out.

Hitman
October 17, 2003, 9:05 am
Yeah take your time, we've waited this long, we can wait a bit longer...

Inquisitor
October 17, 2003, 10:12 am
will it take a long time until releasing, michal?

g_omega
October 17, 2003, 12:03 pm
I tend to agree, i didn't like the way that 1.1.5 was released before it was ready, which meant a fix had to be downloaded. If soldat 1.2 comes out without these problems i will be happy.

BManx2000
October 17, 2003, 2:33 pm
All I can say is, Soldat 1.2 had better have NO bugs for this long of a wait :/

CbbLe
October 17, 2003, 3:28 pm
its just tons and tons and tons of bugs...and everyone is dedicated for bman :P

Dragon88
October 17, 2003, 4:58 pm
You said it BMan. Ardaen... get your act together please. Decide how you want it done and do it. Stop starting one way, only to find out you'd rather have it another way, and having to start all over again. PLZ.

WaR DoG2150
October 17, 2003, 10:28 pm
ok ima post two new interfaces in the interface section with screen shots if u dont like them dont respond on my post.(eyic) plus ive been gone for about 1 week from the fourms so sry for the wait

g_omega
October 18, 2003, 1:37 am
But we were all waiting so eagerley.

AquaShyGuy
October 18, 2003, 4:17 am
oh well.... as long as its good i don't care when it comes out.

EvilLaugh
October 18, 2003, 7:45 am
yeah, stop [:-censored]ing nagging. This stuff can take ages and if you cant wait, it sucks to be you.
Arden, take the time you need and make Soldat the best it can be.

Quackinator
October 18, 2003, 8:04 am
heh.....if you ppl think about something else and make yourselves useful, time will pass QUICKLY and you will probably forget about the update for a week or more...then when you recall that theres an update, then soldat 1.2 might be released by then.

ThaD
October 18, 2003, 10:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Quackinator
heh.....if you ppl think about something else and make yourselves useful, time will pass QUICKLY and you will probably forget about the update for a week or more...then when you recall that theres an update, then soldat 1.2 might be released by then.

yeah find a girlfriend it's much more interesting than Sodat :P

Agent 007
October 18, 2003, 12:36 pm
What is new in the soldat 1.2?

M
October 18, 2003, 7:38 pm
Only the beta knows.

Haro1121
October 18, 2003, 9:04 pm
ur right we do know M :P

Happy Camper
October 19, 2003, 12:36 am
ThaD, you have read my mind, i have been hanging out with this girl for a week, i did not realiz that it had been this long, take ThaD's advice, i an haveing the time of my life.[8D][:D][:D]

g_omega
October 19, 2003, 1:13 am
Oh yeah, thats a great idea, and when they say they aren't willing to comit, and then u get stuffed arround thats a good distraction alright!

ReDevil
October 19, 2003, 1:37 am
thats it, officialy 1.2 will never go out :|

Weed
October 19, 2003, 7:17 am
im just imaging how many of u would actually kill yourselves if 1.2 would never come out... lame whiners, just stop the crying and wait for it to come out, if it takes time, its because it will be good, now stfu u all!

M
October 19, 2003, 9:56 am
Damn i want 1.2 for a bithday present.
In three days.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

frogboy
October 19, 2003, 10:26 am
I'm hoping its out in 5 days.

Inquisitor
October 19, 2003, 12:02 pm
i'm on a lan-party on tuesday. would be really cool if i'd be released then

M
October 19, 2003, 2:46 pm
It will be never released.

villekallio
October 19, 2003, 4:32 pm
Dont let me suffer anymore!!! I am checking the site every hour 3 times! I even want to know whats new on it as there is so much new!

Hanz
October 19, 2003, 5:36 pm
Hey villekallio, try and get a life or something...a girlfriend...a job..a hobby...jeezz....oh wait, MAYBE ITS OUT NOW!......Some people need lives.

EvilLaugh
October 19, 2003, 5:41 pm
psh n00bsoflife.

villekallio
October 19, 2003, 6:05 pm
Lol i just have nothing to do right now... If i should have something to do i should not check the site or piss around in here. Ok... I know what i do. I go out! Yes i havent got fresh air for day or so. Play with my little brother with Wooden toy guns or something. :P And that message was total joke. And so on and so on. Weekends are just kinda boring. School isnt even so bad after all... Dot.

dstruct2k
October 19, 2003, 10:15 pm
Alright then, I just thought I'd poke my head in and see how many newbs are staring at soldat.pl and hitting the refresh button, waiting for a change.

Apparently, still too many. I think he's waiting for the newbs to give up, then he'll release it. [:)] Everyone, from this point on, say this:

"I am tired of waiting for Soldat 1.2 and will not complain any more."

That'll work. [:D]

AquaShyGuy
October 20, 2003, 12:26 am
I am tired of waiting for Soldat 1.2 and will not complain any more. :P

edit- wtf o.O

man_on_can2
October 20, 2003, 12:52 am
If u guys are really that obsessed, dload the Halo trial, then when 1.2 comes out, u will dload it without complaining about the release date.

BeTeL
October 20, 2003, 7:28 am
thats a great idea!

except for one small thing... my comp aint good enough u ******... halo dont accept that a comp with 500 MHz starts the friggin GAME

villekallio
October 20, 2003, 2:21 pm
And i think halo is trike press the trigger through the f*cking game. :P And i dont care a [:-censored] about soldat 1.2 or yes i do but only to see whats new on it!

Frosty
October 20, 2003, 8:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by villekallio
And i think halo is trike press the trigger through the f*cking game. :P And i dont care a [:-censored] about soldat 1.2 or yes i do but only to see whats new on it!

I just want to play a mainly bug-free version of soldat. the bugs in the current version are ridiculous!

Spitzfiya
October 20, 2003, 8:41 pm
NERF THE BUGS

ClanKwH
October 20, 2003, 9:30 pm
well dont even care about it more :P waits to another version

Guil
October 20, 2003, 9:34 pm
A good trick to forget than v1.2 is not out soon. Uninstall your v1.1.5 and just think the next version to be out will be this one. After 1 or 2 week, go on soldat home page and look the download section and say WOW V1.1.5 IS FINALLY OUT!!!! Redownload it and enjoy it. :)

Hanz
October 20, 2003, 9:47 pm
Uhhh, Im just gonna go and play something...anyone got any ideas for cool online games?

Guil
October 20, 2003, 10:31 pm
Play Soldat lolll

P.S. Try return to castle wolfeinstein : enemy territory

NightCabbage
October 21, 2003, 1:56 am
Seriously... 1.1.5 is quite playable ;)

And bah, the Halo demo laaaaaaags...

The Banshees lag the whole game out too :P

Hanz
October 21, 2003, 2:36 am
Im talking small and playable on my crap computer!lol, thanx anyways!

villekallio
October 21, 2003, 6:51 am
Yes! This is it! I am gonna dig up my good ol' Might and Magic VIII and play it till 1.2 is released. I am gonna be lie wow where did this game come from and play it through 5 time. Then after 6 years of playing it 1000 times i remember it. "Oh what version of soldat is currently out?" Soldat 2!!! Wow this is going to be frigging awesome! But then i read that it pays 200 gjugogjeros (thats europes new money on year 2009). Then i am gonna piss of and throw Might and magic out of the window.

frogboy
October 21, 2003, 7:07 am
Well, thats two things I'm waiting for: Video card, and Soldat.

villekallio
October 21, 2003, 1:20 pm
Yay! I have already passed that point where you drain that minotaur lair. :P

EvilLaugh
October 21, 2003, 4:52 pm
Why dont you just look at porn or something till 1.2. Cant complain, can you?

M
October 21, 2003, 5:26 pm
Heh i have the beta 1.2 and i am not giving to you. Birthday present from Michal.
Thnx Michal.

pongo
October 21, 2003, 5:50 pm
tell

villekallio
October 21, 2003, 6:10 pm
Wtf? I aint complaining or anything. Your the one complaining of that i complain even though i dont even complain.

"Evil Laugh master of disaster."

M
October 21, 2003, 8:02 pm
I will not crush mine leader rules.
That means our leader Michal.
I can tell you only this.

*Air strike.
*Vehicles.
*Ninja rope.
*Slow motion.
*Body taunts.
*Commandable bots.
*No need of internet to play soldat on multiplayer with other players.
*10 New game modes.
*459 New maps.
*10000 bots.

BeTeL
October 21, 2003, 8:16 pm
err...M... thats redicolus...i hope:P

hmmmm u have to do sumthing bcuz u got the beta dont u?

cooz
October 21, 2003, 8:20 pm
m, if u can't say anything sensible just shut your [:-censored]in' mouth

Guil
October 21, 2003, 9:08 pm
Hey Michal, my birthday is in 7 month, May I have v1.2? LOLL j/k Michal

CardBoardWarrior
October 21, 2003, 9:20 pm
YEAH??? well my b day is in 15 days! i deserve it...

Haro1121
October 21, 2003, 10:08 pm
M's just messin around all that stuff isnt in 1.2 ive been a beta tester for longer then M Points and laughs at M :P

Sekushi
October 22, 2003, 4:13 am
Maybe it was Michal's birthday and he went home to see his mommy and daddy :x Happy birthday Michal? .oO

g_omega
October 22, 2003, 9:18 am
Its my birthday in like 3 weeks, i want to be playoing 1.2 then.
LOL j/k i'll be 18 which means im off to the pub!!!

Element_101
October 22, 2003, 10:48 am
Maybe 1.2 should be a chrismas present??

The Professional
October 22, 2003, 4:13 pm
This thread (IMO) is reaching pathetic status. People, soldat isn't something you can code in day you know...these things take time. Be happy that Michal is going the extra length to offer you something free, and more fun than you can shake a stick at. The begging and whining going on in here is pathetic, and if I were Michal, would piss me off.

Dragon88
October 22, 2003, 5:58 pm
Then praise the Lord that Michal is a nicer man than you.

BeTeL
October 22, 2003, 7:03 pm
how u know that dragon;)

professional the thread got worse when u came anyway:P

NightCabbage
October 23, 2003, 1:08 am
almost 20 pages of spam...

ugh :P

Try to keep the chatter related to the release of 1.2, and don't spam too much, you might injure yourselves :P

An occasional "WAAAAAAAAAAA!! I WANT 1.2!!" is acceptable... but... lol

WaR DoG2150
October 23, 2003, 1:46 am
''so tired'' *YAWN* (looks over here) sup.... so what all yall doing?

CardBoardWarrior
October 23, 2003, 2:18 am
^^^ your sig is disturbing...some animay guy dancing, while holding a chainsaw....

eyic
October 23, 2003, 8:48 am
hmm isnt it a sword?
btw - WarDog ur Interfaces suck..

jaddy
October 23, 2003, 11:03 am
I will not crush mine leader rules.
That means our leader Michal.
I can tell you only this.

*Air strike.
*Vehicles.
*Ninja rope.
*Slow motion.
*Body taunts.
*Commandable bots.
*No need of internet to play soldat on multiplayer with other players.
*10 New game modes.
*459 New maps.
*10000 bots.

Oh my... M.. how retarded can you be, man?
Most of this has been discussed before, and the rest can be figured out with some common sense, ever heard of it?
"No need of internet to play soldat on multiplayer with other players." You need some sort of connection in order to be CONNECTED with other players.
10 new game modes, 459 new maps, 10000 bots? Think of the time that would take; not even with the time Michal/Ardaen have taken to this day, these things would exist. I'll be damned if I ever see you post something smart.

villekallio
October 23, 2003, 1:19 pm
What do you think there will be new on Soldat 1.2. (just to keep this thread on topic.)

M
October 23, 2003, 1:34 pm
C'mon i was just joking. Damn people this days. I posted a death clock and they blamed me like i killed someone.

Hitman
October 23, 2003, 6:49 pm
Don't lie M, I still have all those death threats you sent me...

Freshmaker
October 24, 2003, 5:16 am
soldat 1.2 never comes if it not come for week i dont play soldat anymore NEVER

aLpHaNuMe12iK
October 24, 2003, 6:03 am
^bad bad bad double negative. should be ever, not never.
anyways:
jeebus guys, stop bashing in on M's head, he was being SARCASTIC.
you guys are just rude in the forums and arrogent in games, it's
like almost everybody has a superiority complex or something.

villekallio
October 24, 2003, 6:19 am
Yes if you want to bash Teh Waypointman (M) go to bashpit!

Hitman
October 24, 2003, 11:12 am
I wasn't bashing M I was being sarcastic, or are you too stupid to realise?

villekallio
October 24, 2003, 12:23 pm
I didnt say to you. I said it to everyone who has bashed M on this thread.

Inquisitor
October 25, 2003, 10:45 am
i like m

frogboy
October 25, 2003, 11:52 am
"WAAAAAAAAAAA!! I WANT 1.2!!"

Okay, I had to get people to flame me, instead of everyone else.

Hitman
October 25, 2003, 3:21 pm
...well done Frogboy.

I was not talking about you villekallio, I was talking about aLpHaNuMe12iK!

Mudslinger
October 25, 2003, 3:55 pm
If we could just get a rough date of when 1.2 will actually be out, that would be great. Not trying to put pressure on anybody, just would like to know.

Hitman
October 25, 2003, 4:46 pm
There is no rough date, it will be out when it is done!!

Michal Marcinkowski
October 25, 2003, 5:13 pm
If I estimate a date and then not release it, people will abuse me that I lied. I won't do that! :)
Soldat will be out when everything is done. It's for your own good you know?

palloco
October 25, 2003, 5:16 pm
It is easy. Wait one month and then look. If not wait another one and so.

Hitman
October 25, 2003, 5:59 pm
quote:Orginally Posted by Michal Marcinkowski (God)

If I estimate a date and then not release it, people will abuse me that I lied. I won't do that! :)
Exactly. So stop whining! Keep up the good work Michal. Oh but one question Michal, have you seen the Mortar Topic? It's getting a lot of support: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=6841

aLpHaNuMe12iK
October 25, 2003, 10:29 pm
Hitman, my post wasn't directed at you, sorry for any offense =(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! i've lost my copy of 1.2. can i borrow yours? -_-

j/k j/k

death threats are funneh.

"have you heard about this video tape?"
"the on where they do on the boat, and then in the car, and then in the bathtub, and hes like:"
"hey baby, i love you."
"no not that tape."
"and as soon as its over, your phone rings, and a creepy voice says:"
"you're gonna die... in seven days."
"huh? what? whos gay?"
"*beep* can you hear me now?"
"yes, perfect"

LOL - Scary Movie 3 is gonna be SOO funny

Omorpheus Hunter
October 26, 2003, 9:13 am
wow... I have been away for like 3 weeks playing RO, and still no 1.2... I bet a few people have killed themshelves already... anyways, I probably won't play anymore soldat, altho I will probably check out how 1.2 is... So seeya in another 3 weeks.

PS:Don't bother saying something to me directly, I won't be checking the forums for another 3 weeks...

Good Luck Michal...

macce
October 26, 2003, 10:32 am
Or you could just play 1.1.5 until it says Wrong game version on all the servers...

Aquarius
October 26, 2003, 10:00 pm

Michal, you are soooooo good for us [:D]

Frosty
October 27, 2003, 7:13 pm
Michal, thanks for posting here again. I was getting worried you were gone.

VAMPiRE
October 29, 2003, 3:22 pm
Hey, you all, stop all this bull[:-censored]!
You sound like small children, who crying like "Mummy, i want this toy, right now!!!"

Have you got any patience?? Or maybe this society consists only of small children of the age 12?
Michal is a MAN TOO. He needs sometimes rest and private life!
If you want a good release without bugs, please, shut up, stop this pointless talks :(
Better go and discuss gameplay and bugs or go to mummy and ask her some extra nappys!

g_omega
October 29, 2003, 11:15 pm
What are you going on about vampire, we are talking about Scary Movie 3 now, does anyone know when it will be out in Australia?

Crispy_Pigeon
October 30, 2003, 12:34 am
Can Michal not release a public beta to keep impatient people like me happy?

Guil
October 30, 2003, 1:11 am
Yeah wait like the others, nyway there is only 666 years remaining before v1.2 release.

Hitman
October 30, 2003, 10:11 am
Look, stop asking for a beta to be released, or for it to be released earlier, cause it's not going to happen!! Just drop it!!

3rd_account
October 30, 2003, 9:53 pm
God damit, you can have a great game but as soon as you cross the 150 ping-limit your nades, LAW and M79-shots nolonger do any damage..
Playing Soldat 1.1.5 is like building cardhouses with boxinggloves - pointless!

Many of my friends are loosing faith in Soldat and has gone back to CS. Don't make 1.2 too perfect Michal, it will take to long and by then not many will be here anymore.
Release it ASAP and make a 1.2.1 when your done with the other functions... not that teh God would listen to me.

?
October 31, 2003, 1:30 am
thats an idiotic idea ard_account cause then people like you would jsut complain about the bugs in 1.2 and whine to michal to hurry up and release 1.2.1

palloco
October 31, 2003, 8:29 am
"as soon as you cross the 150 ping-limit your nades, LAW and M79-shots nolonger do any damage.."
That is false. I always play with 300 ping, you just have to anticipate where will be your enemy with your ping

-JaH-
October 31, 2003, 1:51 pm
i want only a litle little patch, cause of this damn wmv-bug.... realesa a little patch for only this bug and then take enough time for 1.2

Dragon88
November 4, 2003, 2:06 am
Check this out "If you are wondering when Soldat 1.1.6 will come out I can say that in a week or longer. Currently I'm beta testing it to be sure that everything is good when it comes out." (from the 9th of AUGUST!!! and it's still not out...)

Hitman
November 4, 2003, 6:16 pm
Hey Guil, you gonna make me, you little nerd? I have been patient for a long time, I just getting a little impatient! I'm glad that Michal took his time beta testing the new version cause that would mean that there will be less bugs...but all Ardaen has to do is finish the lobby thingy, and I know that he might have homework, and I appreciate him actually doing it, but as he says himself: quote: I?m taking a long time to do it as well. A very long time. Partly because I'm quite busy with school, partly because I've forgotten ect.I mean come on, its not that I have nothing else to do, but we have been waiting for a while now, and it would be nice to see the new version. I do think though, that the people who send him hate mail are [:-censored]s, I mean, thats just out of order!

AdamSalsman
November 5, 2003, 12:51 am
[:-weepn] yeah, I'm really geting sick of this, everytime I check my clan website, [M.P], I check these forums right after, to see if 1.2 is out yet,,, it never is, but there are always people yelling at michael to get finished, from what I hear it is some other guy, the Lobby guy, that is holding it back, if he's not even close to finishing, and some other person could do it faster than this guy could, I will suggest michael leaves the Lobby up to someone else, or everyone just get ASE,,, this is all wrong but I'm too dumb to stop my rant, Michael, Soldat is one of the greatest games I've ever played online, keep doing what your doing, I know it's not your fault about this game not getting released, but when it does get released, everyone will thank you for the great game, I think I'm even gonna register the game sometime, if I'm still playing in about a month I'll start saving my money ,,, (lol for all that dont know, it's only 9 bucks, dont be stingy, I'm gonna do it, and if some 14 year old swimmer kid from Canada can do it, so can you[;)]) the game is about 10 times less money than most games here... I love it too.. I'd buy it if it were 40 bucks (dont get any ideas Mike) thank you and good night *BOWS*

kkazican
November 5, 2003, 10:23 pm
Patience is a virtue. Or so I have heard. Dragon it's not like the damn game is dead. Why are you so eager for 1.2 then? Barret fixed? Bugs fixed? New commands and such? Well chill. You waited for over a month for 1.2 so what is a few more days? or weeks? or even months? Just enjoy what you have now. Yeah barrets are overpowered so just go to a private game with some friends. Yeah there are a lot of bugs. Then have a blast trying to master them and impress people. Yeah there are hackers. Well almost every pc game has hacks. Luckily this one is small and hasn't gotten out yet. Just relax and ban the guy. There is no reason for you to be pissed off that Mike is taking his valuable time to make a game that it awesome for YOU! So just breath a little and think.

AquaShyGuy
November 6, 2003, 2:51 am
nicely said kkazican :)

Hitman
November 6, 2003, 10:15 am
Yes, very well said...

Dragon88
November 7, 2003, 1:24 am
Cmon man, chill. It was strictly a joke.

Yes, i am getting impatient, but I understand that soldat will be better for it. What I am concerned about is the obvious lack of progress, or perhaps just under-reporting.

No-one outside Michal and perhaps the beta testers has a clue about when it's gonna be done. Michal is not telling us, and I get the distict feeling that Ardaen is wasting time. I appreciate what these guys are doing, but status reports would be good. If we could get Michal to tell us exactly what is going on, just once a week, i think that spammers with the same old line "WHEN'S IT GONNA BE OUT?!?!" would shuttup, which would be good. Michal could open a topic just for his reports, and close the topic after every report, then the topic wouldn't get jammed with spam.

Ardaen
November 7, 2003, 5:00 am
Well, I havent been following the 22 pages of conversation, but I thought it was time for a little update. It looks like I'm not gonna be able to send the release candidate code to michal this week, still possible but very doubtful. I'm going on a little trip and my prof. decided to put a due date in the middle of a holiday (not a very nice thing to do) so instead of working on the listserver I worked on that assignment. Maybe next week (after I get back in town) assuming nothing else falls from the sky in the meantime. Sorry.

palloco
November 7, 2003, 9:10 am
Good job Ardaen, it is good to see that maybe in less than 1 month we can get the new soldat

villekallio
November 7, 2003, 3:24 pm
Send it to michal as christmas present. Michal will get it and we will get 1.2 and everyone is happy! (not a joke)

Dragon88
November 7, 2003, 4:53 pm
Keep up the work ardaen!

What are the chances that the sky falls out?

cooz
November 7, 2003, 5:32 pm
villekallio, if ardean sent code of new lobby to michal "as christmas present" v1.2 won't be relased after 5 minutes from that time, so your idea is not so good.

eyic
November 8, 2003, 9:53 am
quote:Originally posted by VAMPiRE
Hey, you all, stop all this bull[:-censored]!
You sound like small children, who crying like "Mummy, i want this toy, right now!!!"

Have you got any patience?? Or maybe this society consists only of small children of the age 12?
Michal is a MAN TOO. He needs sometimes rest and private life!
If you want a good release without bugs, please, shut up, stop this pointless talks :(
Better go and discuss gameplay and bugs or go to mummy and ask her some extra nappys!

You know, im 12 years old and I dont nag as much as these people...

Quackinator
November 8, 2003, 11:50 am
If Michal put TRSSam's lobby stuff in soldat then we would be playing soldat right now. Aerden has too much school work. Less likely that he's gonna work on soldat stuff.

cooz
November 8, 2003, 12:22 pm
yeah
quackinator is right, what will have ardean's lobby which trssam's don't have? list won't get stuck in half of downloading? - i say [:-censored] it - i can live with that!!! why we anyway need new lobby?! is currently so bad? on web of lobby soldat servers have got added in which country are they, uptime and it's possibe to add contact email/page of server - do we NEED something more?

cooz.

ps
sorry for language :p

shrimp
November 8, 2003, 4:15 pm
will soldat 1.2 be same gfx engine??

cooz
November 8, 2003, 4:22 pm
thunderdog, i can wait even 6 months more, but i have to know that new lobby is worth it!

Kamikaze_Ninja
November 8, 2003, 4:56 pm
Yes it will be and some hrmm new things will be added maybe that once was tought to go on to the next few soldat versions it may go on to this one ;-) you'll see what I mean if it's implemented in 1.2

cooz
November 8, 2003, 6:12 pm
ok kn, im shutting up and waiting for new lobby in silence if u'r saying it's worth this deleay; i hope that i won't be disappointed when i see it ;>

NightCabbage
November 9, 2003, 1:16 am
Well... (er...) you won't really see too much difference...

It's TCP, which is great, but the whole lobby is a 'behind the scenes' kinda thing u c ;)

cooz
November 9, 2003, 9:23 am
so kamikaze ninja just lied me, or he was talking about new things not in lobby but in new v1.2 soldat?

>you won't really see too much difference...
then maybe someone (eg. Michal) could explain us why he want to change lobby server?

frogboy
November 9, 2003, 9:30 am
You won't really see too much difference, but I'll bet there are bug fixes, and it probably goes faster, too.

cooz
November 9, 2003, 1:15 pm
frogboy, and did trssam wasn't working on his lobby all the time? wasn't he fixing bug in his lobby? wasn't releasing new version every few days/weeks? and btw about what bug fixes are u talkinga about? i bet that new lobby will have some bugs because it'll be NEW lobby and beta testers for 100% won't find all bug in it.

so we're waiting (and still waiting) those 2 months just to have FASTER lobby server? i don't think so - PPL WE NEED SOME ANSWERS HERE!

villekallio
November 9, 2003, 3:44 pm
I think theres nothing wrong with the lobby server as its now... And what kind of bugs is in the lobby anyways? I havent got any kind of bugs on the lobby as its now. And its even fast enough! Its good as it is! Why to make changes on something that is already good.

I have spoken.

cooz
November 9, 2003, 4:16 pm
u are right villekallio! lobby is changnig without any reasons, we have to wait for something and we even don't know why! community of Soldat have right to know WHY lobby have to be chnaged - we have right to know WHY are we waitnig! i say it one more time: GIVE US THE ANSWERS!

villekallio
November 9, 2003, 5:14 pm
"You cant repair anything that isnt broken."

Rixter
November 9, 2003, 5:24 pm
cooz, it's not your RIGHT unless you've paid the nine bucks. Even then it's not really your right. It's Michal's game and you should be THANKING him instead of complaining to him. He's using alot of his time to make a better game for YOU. And if you think the lobby is fine as it is why not just play 1.15 then? I mean, c'mon guys! Don't be so goddamn spoiled!

cooz
November 9, 2003, 6:53 pm
little quote quote ;)

>it's not your RIGHT unless you've paid the nine bucks. Even then it's not really your right.

rixter, did i said that it's my right? no i was talking about community of Soldat not just about me. in your opinion we don't have right to know why currently lobby has to be changed unless we pay those 9$ - where's connetion of those 2 cases?

>It's Michal's game and you should be THANKING him instead of complaining to him.

i thank Michal every day for creating such great game and i'm not talkin' here about Soldat but just about REASONS of creating new lobby.

>He's using alot of his time to make a better game for YOU

i know he's spending a lot of time to make soldat best from all multiplayer 2d games - thanks goes for him at this too. But why is he adding himself extra work on adapting support of new lobby? i just can't understand that - maybe someone could explain it to me.

>And if you think the lobby is fine as it is why not just play 1.15 then?

yeah, it's very fine for me, i'm using it and playing soldat 1.1.5 every day, where u read that im not doing it?

Rixter
November 9, 2003, 8:24 pm
A little quote back at ya: ;)

"rixter, did i said that it's my right? no i was talking about community of Soldat not just about me. in your opinion we don't have right to know why currently lobby has to be changed unless we pay those 9$ - where's connetion of those 2 cases?

The people that have paid the 9$ are more entitled to knowing what's going on because they've actually helped Michal in a conrete way have donated some of their money to him. People that haven't paid may of course be helping him, but not in that same way. That's the "connetion"

"thank Michal every day for creating such great game and i'm not talkin' here about Soldat but just about REASONS of creating new lobby."

Well, that's talking about Soldat too. Not in an in-game way perhaps, but it's still Soldat.

"i know he's spending a lot of time to make soldat best from all multiplayer 2d games - thanks goes for him at this too. But why is he adding himself extra work on adapting support of new lobby? i just can't understand that - maybe someone could explain it to me"

I think the lobby's fine too, but obviously Michal does not. What I'm saying is that, ultimately, that's all that matters.

"yeah, it's very fine for me, i'm using it and playing soldat 1.1.5 every day, where u read that im not doing it?"

I didn't. And did I say that you're not playing? Nope.

cooz
November 9, 2003, 9:42 pm
guess what? quote agian ;>

>The people that have paid the 9$ are more entitled to knowing what's going on because they've actually helped Michal in a conrete way have donated some of their money to him. People that haven't paid may of course be helping him, but not in that same way. That's the "connetion"

so if i didn't pay can't ask question about reasons of changing lobby - don't u think that's silly conclusion? so... i still can't see connetion with paying 9$ and asking questions on this forum.

>Well, that's talking about Soldat too. Not in an in-game way perhaps, but it's still Soldat.

if u say it in this way - you're right - point for U ;)

>I think the lobby's fine too, but obviously Michal does not. What I'm saying is that, ultimately, that's all that matters.

yeah yeah yeah, here is my question: i asked it few times already but here it's one more time: why michal wants to change lobby, in which ways new lobby will be better form currently one?

>I didn't. And did I say that you're not playing? Nope.

ok my mistake - second point for U ;D (i'm still learnig to quote ppl on forums ;> )

WaR DoG2150
November 10, 2003, 2:17 am
any way keep up the good work ill be gone another week from the forums .trying to figure out how to make my own ragnarok server for my friends. let me know how the soldat project is going whaile im gone. let me know on aim. if u cant find the damm aim buttun this is my screen name WaR DoG2150

frogboy
November 10, 2003, 7:03 am
quote:Originally posted by villekallio
"You cant repair anything that isnt broken."

Then, in that case, go into Join Game, clear the server IP, Get list, and then Ping all. Enjoy your day [:P]

Michal Marcinkowski
November 10, 2003, 8:36 pm
I already said it isn't just the lobby. Please talk about something else:)

Spitzfiya
November 11, 2003, 10:12 am
1.2 kicks ass, everything about it.

Thank you Mike [8)]

Hitman
November 11, 2003, 11:31 am
Lol, damn beta testers!

cooz
November 11, 2003, 2:23 pm
Michal, we know that reason of deleay of releasing v1.2 isn't just creating new lobby by ardean (u are working on linux server, u made netcode almost 50% faster and other stuff - u told us about those things few posta ago), but it was first and main reason of this deleay - and we just want to what's happened that u decided change current lobby - but if u don't want to tell us, OK - it's your right to not tell us that.

sooo, according to to Your wish:
i'm stopping talking about this lobby case ;)

Optik
November 11, 2003, 3:09 pm
the current lobby owner TRSSAM wants to stop hosting it because of some problem and tahts the reason why they wanna switch aiight now STFU about the lobby damn people

cooz
November 11, 2003, 6:23 pm
oh, interesting... from where u know about it and what kind of problem is it?

Ardaen
November 12, 2003, 6:48 am
I've talked to TSRSam, I dont know if I should share the details so I wont. But I will say this:

He wants to host the listserver yes. But there are technical difficulties of a sort. So michal decided to look elsewhere. Apparently this happened right around when I started developing my 1.05b listserver. I think thats how it all got started.... or delayed, depending on how you look @ it.

Another topic eh?

So I cant wait to see how the latest batch of weapon balances and "weapon balances" work when released to the public. How about all of you?

cooz
November 12, 2003, 12:30 pm
k, so there are some technical difficulties and this is main reason of changing current lobby and delay of releasing v1.2 - understood - EOT for me ;)

>So I cant wait to see how the latest batch of weapon balances and "weapon balances" work when released to the public. How about all of you?

how we can know that if we only heard about changes in v1.2 and we didn't play it? i can only say that for 100% will be better form current version - why i think it such way? because if it wouldn't be better, Michal for sure would not change it ;)

oh and btw nick of lobby's man is TRSSam not TSRSam.

cooz.

cooz
November 12, 2003, 8:04 pm
why? maybe michal could just make another thread with some new information about progress of works and this one would stay as it is...

DNA.styx
November 13, 2003, 7:38 pm
I've put this thread into moderation mode, any more posts have to be cleared by me before they are visable.

If you have any on topic, 'sensible' posts to add to this thread post away, all others will be deleted without reason.

Topi
November 14, 2003, 12:04 am
Alright. I will wait as long as i have to for Soldat 1.2 . However long it takes, Whatever is done to it. I will still play it.

Dragon88
November 14, 2003, 1:58 am
Any chance of details on the 'technical difficulties'?

Virdeus
November 14, 2003, 9:45 pm
guys, its freeware, just be happy its (kinda) free, and be patient.

Aquarius
November 15, 2003, 9:39 pm
Soldat is not freeware.

NightCabbage
November 16, 2003, 4:12 am
Well, technically, it's shareware. But considering you can use it permanently with no real restrictions without registering, it's as good as freeware :)

lol

P.S. Styx - oooo pretty moderation mode ^_^ - lol

Bubba
November 19, 2003, 1:18 am
May i be the next to say [:-censored] and then i'm going to [:-banghead] because [:-brokenheart]. But thats ok because its going to be a lot better and then i'm going to be [^][:D][:P]. But if it doesn't happen soon i'll [:-weepn][:-crazy][B)][xx(]!

sobchan
November 26, 2003, 1:59 pm
finally, forum started working!
so, are there new news about 1.2?
still "please wait" situation?

cooz
November 27, 2003, 11:46 pm
neh, ardean is busy all the time, michal isn't sayin' anyting new - they just forgoten about normal players - they have their beta testers and they are't interested in anyone else.

NightCabbage
November 28, 2003, 1:52 am
That's not true :P

The beta testers aren't here to have fun, we're here to test the game, and to find any problems.

Ardaen is a busy man (lol) he, like most of us, has to deal with everyday life as well as Soldat :)

Michal has been working on new aspects of Soldat, implementing new features, etc. Not really too much can be said until the release, or it won't be a surprise LOL

Remember, Michal, Ardaen, and the beta testers are all working towards making a good game for YOU to play ^^

societies_punishment
December 2, 2003, 5:09 am
hey can someone whos beta testing tell me if the new version downloads the maps from the host server if you dont have the map.......

like in counterstike you know what I mean .... if so that would be sooo kewl it would eliminate alot of problems/headaches

b00stA
December 2, 2003, 1:30 pm
Societies punishment: Soldat won't download it automatically.

Just be patient.

EvilLaugh
December 4, 2003, 6:44 am
quote:Originally posted by NightCabbage
That's not true :P

The beta testers aren't here to have fun, we're here to test the game, and to find any problems.

Ardaen is a busy man (lol) he, like most of us, has to deal with everyday life as well as Soldat :)

Michal has been working on new aspects of Soldat, implementing new features, etc. Not really too much can be said until the release, or it won't be a surprise LOL

Remember, Michal, Ardaen, and the beta testers are all working towards making a good game for YOU to play ^^

Yeah like, making the game [:-censored]ING FAIR.

societies_punishment
December 9, 2003, 4:08 am
yes i suppose your right .... o well

...what the hell why is my sig not working

DNA.styx
December 14, 2003, 8:38 pm
Thread locked.