( search forums )
Thanks To Michael
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
xWoLxShiver
October 3, 2003, 12:45 am
This isn't official, but i think its needed, can be moved if liked.

I want to make a thread dedicated to michael, thanking him for all the great versions of soldat. ive read too much spamming on these 2 threads and it bothered me. ive played soldat since before 1.05b, and have spent countless hours practicing and playing, as im sure you all have.

I Think its time to give him a hand, say a few words, or just say cheers, but a thread like this should be bigger than any other! Enough of the spam, SHOW HIM SOME LOVE!

Thanks for everything michael, youve done very well for yourself

*Cheers*

R
October 3, 2003, 1:08 am
Yay Michal!! WOOOOOT!!!!

Note: Wol you spelled michal wrong Lol

RDrull
October 3, 2003, 1:14 am
Woot for the ower of the greatest programer in the world We present
Michal!!!!!!!!!!!! The best man alive weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

BMF
October 3, 2003, 1:44 am
how about y'all donate money instead of w00ting?

imma gonna register again tomorrow, since its october already, cheers

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 3, 2003, 2:25 am
*applause some guy whistling and some chick saying I love you Michal*
<(^_^)> <(^_~)> <(-_-)> <(~_^)> <(^_^)>
BMF's Registered Accounts:9999999999999999999 x $9= w00t a ton o' dough

TIR_Blade
October 3, 2003, 2:31 am
Thank you micheal :D Ima register real soon sorry about the wait, Altho u weren't really waiting because i never told u id register :P

eyic
October 3, 2003, 2:39 am
hooray for michal :D

NightCabbage
October 3, 2003, 2:56 am
^_^

that fuking sniper
October 3, 2003, 3:13 am
Michal: Your game is the best multiplayer FPS I've ever played so far, and I've played alot. I can barely believe Soldat is only made by one guy. And I can only say thanks for a great game in which you invested time, nerves, creativity, and W00tness :D (had to say the w00t part).

kkazican
October 3, 2003, 3:26 am
YEAH! GO MICHAL! HE IS GOD ON EARTH!
W00000000000000000t!

*whistles*

fabmanx
October 3, 2003, 4:06 am
Yes if were to see michal in real life i would kneel and bow to him and just keep bowing and never stopping...W00t FOR MICHAL

BMF
October 3, 2003, 4:21 am
TFS, soldat is not a FPS. Its a SVS, or a "side-view-shooter", to be exact

Social Poison
October 3, 2003, 4:31 am
tfs... isn't an FPS a first person shooter? Like Quake? ^_^ BMF beat me to it [:P]

Michal,

Thank you for the tireless hours you've put into a game that we've come to love and appreciate. You?ve given us a game that has done much more than entertain us, but brought hundreds of people together in a great online community. I?ve made friends here I probably would not have met otherwise (That Fuking Sniper, Nightcabbage, and all my BH homies [cept wormy, who I knew before Soldat [;)]]). I?ve also made a few enemies, but hey.. that?s what makes this stuff fun.

Soldat, for me, has been ?that game? I?ve been looking for since my Sophomore year in high school. I found Liero then, but craved the online play that it lacked. The few years that followed were spent looking for that perfect Liero clone that was online. Until one day someone posted a thread titled ?OMG? on the board. It was a link to Soldat (it was version 1.02b then). I had found my game.

I?ve never been big on first person shooters. And I?ve never been one for MMORPGS (grr pay for play!). I?ve always loved 2D games.. maybe I?m just weird. But there are very few online Liero like (2D deathmatch) games out there.

Soldat has been everything I?ve ever wanted in a game. Online play. Multiple game styles. A great community. And an involved developer who actually listens to the requests of his fans. $9 is a price I gladly pay for the privilege of playing such a great game (of which you are generous enough to make an optional fee).

Michal. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, for making such a great game.

*deep sweeping bow*

Mr G
October 3, 2003, 5:01 am
THANK YOU MICHAL

keep up the good work :)

Spitzfiya
October 3, 2003, 5:18 am
Nice post Social Posion!

I craved a game like Soldat for a very long time :D
you see, I have a crappy computer and I wasent having much fun playing worms or counter strike(barely playable). I wanted something simple, something multiplayer, something ADDICTIVE to all ends......But most of all something that would run on this POS. Then while posting a topic looking for a fun fast multiplayer FPS somebody replyed with a Link to SOLDAT. I travelled to the site and soon after downloaded 1.1.4 Suddenly I was hooked, I lauged gleefully while mowing down "zombie" bots with the chainsaw, and I couldnt stop listening to "gore". He he that was 3 months ago Now I cant stop playing SOLDAT.
Te community is getting better and better! And I guess it helps that I got ALOT of my friends addicted to this Game :D Some people said it was stupid but those where the counter-strike whores, the people who cant stop cheating. I guess they lose out on hours of fun....I certainly didnt have as much fun playing CS, most of the time It was just frusterating. But SOLDAT=Pure Fun! Every server I go into I can say hi to the people I know, and them pwn them!

SOLDAT IS AWSOME! Thank you Michal You fukin Rock! [:-devil][:-devil][:-devil]

Outcast
October 3, 2003, 8:47 am
and you still cant spell his name right.

CbbLe
October 3, 2003, 8:52 am
wiiiiiii, *hugs michal as a thank you*

eyic
October 3, 2003, 9:07 am
Cbble im starting to wonder, are u a boy or a girl? or a "tun tun a nana" (freaky music) biosexual !

palloco
October 3, 2003, 10:34 am
Go Michal ! Best programmer out there!

EvilLaugh
October 3, 2003, 12:21 pm
GG MICHAL for making a good game that seems to pull me back repeatedly. The fact you continuously work on this game to satisfy us and make the game better prove your dedication to the game and the community and your fans :D

Dark_Noddy
October 3, 2003, 2:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mr G
THANK YOU MICHAL

keep up the good work :)

We Love U :D hehe... Seriously..

Middlemoor
October 3, 2003, 2:35 pm
Yeah, this game rules. I don't think i'll ever quit! Now let me pay you some goddamn money!!!

sqweek
October 3, 2003, 6:10 pm
*cheers*
Thanks Michal, soldat is great.

M
October 3, 2003, 6:35 pm
MICHAL ROKZ EVERYONE. GO MICHAL GO.

xWoLxShiver
October 4, 2003, 2:13 am
lol cmon people, this should be huge!

NightCabbage
October 4, 2003, 2:47 am
Hey, I said ^_^

^_^

NuZZ
October 4, 2003, 2:04 pm
Ok Michal Markinskowski (Mind the spelling :/)
You have single handedly constructed a revoloutionary game that I will allways grow to love, more, and more every single day...
The people of soldat also love this game, keep it up, and this game, this masterpiece, its the best game, by far , myself, have ever played in my lifetime... Good Work :)
YO To Mich!

Michal Marcinkowski
October 4, 2003, 2:09 pm
Now I would like to thank myself...
No:) seriously:
I'll print this thread and read it on rainy days:). It's the best motivation a man can get. And it comes from you guys. If it wasn't you - Soldat players - this game would not exist. Real thanks must go to all those who played Soldat and made it a wonderful game. If not you, Soldat would be a tiny game lying in the deep space of my hard-drive. But since you like it, Soldat has become big, as big as an independent game can become and it is still growing and has a future...

(now I'm going back to work:))

NightCabbage
October 4, 2003, 3:28 pm
heh, you've done an excellent job, and can be proud of the work you've done.

After all, it is you that has created this community ;)

b00stA
October 4, 2003, 3:44 pm
Let's pay Michal with coffeine drinks so he works even more ;)

Thanks

Element_101
October 4, 2003, 5:16 pm
Nice job michal I know a lotta people that program games and I can

see its not easy YOU have made

a game that not only never gets borring but its addictive and fun to

play and You did it by your

self omg omg!!!! I take my hat I mean beanie off to you!!!!!!!!!!!

M
October 4, 2003, 5:59 pm
Michal rocketa.
I still love him even if he hates me.
[:(]

ZeRo222
October 5, 2003, 2:09 am
Michal Your The MAN!
You are the God that is even a bigger God then The God that created you!
Ur a Ultimate God!
I will never stop playing Soldat! NEVER!
I have played Soldat from 1.0.0 and loved every minute sence then!

You! Are! The! Man!

?
October 5, 2003, 2:19 am
quote:Hey, I said ^_^haha =P

michal is teh 1337, soldat is awsome, and it gives this humble littel nerd somehting to live for.... anyway thx michal for the best game eva

Spitzfiya
October 5, 2003, 6:31 am
I am such a Soldat Geek

GeoForce
October 5, 2003, 7:12 am
Man i would have played Soldat non stop if it wasnt 4 my crappy computer.

ZeRo222
October 5, 2003, 10:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by GeoForce
Man i would have played Soldat non stop if it wasnt 4 my crappy computer.

so, you still have to thank him!

Haro1121
October 5, 2003, 11:16 pm
Yes michael thanks alot for making a game i can own in :P naw man really this game is a awsome game,Hell i got a nice computer that could run anything but yet i still play Soldat...........U ROCK!!

Element_101
October 6, 2003, 10:12 am
Guys WTF this thread should be hudge, I mean we are giving praze to the creator of soldat! SODAT!!!

POST POST POST!!!!

CardBoardWarrior
October 7, 2003, 9:35 pm
w00t! Michal is God!!!

But now im really sad, cos i just thot, what if Michal DIES??? oh no! we cant let that happen! seriously we shud hire body gaurds for him to protect our precious game!!! :)

giff
October 7, 2003, 9:50 pm
Though stuff along the lines of what I'm about to say has pretty much been said, I'll go ahead anyway.

I've only played for a little over a year, but when I downloaded it I'd never thought I'd play it more than once or twice, let alone still be playing over a year later. In my opinion, companies with loads of money to spend on making the most complex games with the best graphics pale in comparision to what you're doing with your own resources, time and energy. Sure they have their place and deserve loads of credit, but what you're doing more impressive in my opinion.

Soldat is simplistic, but not minimalistic. It's simple enough to have fun your first time playing, but when you keep playing, you learn new strategies, style, and improve aim, so that basically, you're never good enough. And that's what makes it great. I can also fire it up 10 minutes before class starts in school and have my fill before class where the Delta-Force and America's Army kiddies next to me just had enough time to load up, find a server, and log in.

Basically, thanks for such a rediculously fun and amazing game, and continuing to improve upon it.

SERIAL KILLeR
October 7, 2003, 10:19 pm

Thank u michal for this Great game

Staple_nutz
October 8, 2003, 11:49 am
THANKS MICHAL

Ive been a long time player short time forum writer i guess is the best way to put it

but i realy do love youe work and the community it has formed its something you should be proud of making so many people happy

Ill be send a payment your way for the full deal but not just for the extra features regestering offers but to support soldat and make sure it lives on for a long time to come

choco
October 8, 2003, 12:57 pm
go michal......this is probably my fav game.....no easily for a few main reasons great people, great gameplay and great modability

keep up the exceptional work

Element_101
October 9, 2003, 10:55 am
3 pages it should still be bigger guys!!

Staple_nutz
October 10, 2003, 3:14 am
Dont be shy guys show how greatful you are