( search forums )
Ruger and 1.2
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra
October 3, 2003, 8:18 pm
Ahh ruger. Why do I always choose you?

I like how you demand accuracy for every shot, and aid me in offering a reasonable challenge to any intruder. I would not mind if you were made less powerful, maybe a larger clip, and to not look like a long twig with a handle.

But wait [:O] v1.2 of Soldat is imminent (cough), and i'm aware that soldateer's are to recieve more damage shot-for-shot.

If the ruger delivers death with two head shots and three torso shots right now in 1.1.5, is the ruger to expect a boost come 1.2?

As anyone who plays real-mode in Soldat knows, ruger is far too dominent, providing 1-hit kills regularly. But even just 2-hit kills would (probably) give the ruger the edge over other weapons...which would be bad, as what I assume the whole point of 1.2 is to even out playability for all weapons, leaving none the easier preference.

Is this going to happen?

BMF
October 3, 2003, 8:38 pm
Right now many people choose DEagles over ruger. Deagles are much more accurate, because with ruger at certain angles the bullets just go astray (like with a barret). Deagles also have a higher rate of fire. That's why they are generally more popular.

With the new system, as i understand it, Deagles will provide 2 shot kills, just like a ruger. Which makes them a better weapon. In Realistic mode, they will replace ruger altogether.

Social Poison
October 3, 2003, 8:52 pm
BMF is right.

The ruger will be a 2 hit kill all the time, where I THINK the deagles may not be a two hit if you get 2 leg shots (may have to test htat..)

Souza
October 3, 2003, 8:58 pm
chakra, the RUGER DEVIL :D (LOL) ruger is an excelent weapon and as chakra said, it's challenging.. i just hope it wont be different in 1.2 .... it will be a bit sad

LiL_FuKa
October 3, 2003, 8:58 pm
Ruger owns the Eagles! I started using it recently, and I'm in love.

Chakra I hope they don't improve it too much, cos then instead of barret everyone will be using Ruger... That would suck.

kkazican
October 3, 2003, 9:25 pm
Yes i know I just played a dm server and majority of people used ruger. Not very fun. So I started using my aug and that made it more fun.

Please don't change ruger it is perfect in my eyes right now.

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 3, 2003, 9:47 pm
It doesnt matter since all weps get equal amount of boosts well some may get a bit more cause of some of the new features but it's pretty balanced in 1.2

Essentle
October 4, 2003, 12:37 am
Hoo.. 1.2 new versio coming of soldat? Or what? Well, if new version is coming, i hope that steyer aug is same than now.. I <3 That weapon! [:D][;)][:P]

EvilLaugh
October 4, 2003, 12:50 am
quote:Originally posted by Souza
chakra, the RUGER DEVIL :D (LOL) ruger is an excelent weapon and as chakra said, it's challenging.. i just hope it wont be different in 1.2 .... it will be a bit sad

I played chakra the other day, he's good witht he ruger but he still isn't up to my standard :D HEH HEH HEH

Your close though.

that fuking sniper
October 4, 2003, 1:07 am
Ruger should stay as it is. All the weapons will get a damage advantage, so other 2-shot-kill weapons such as DEs and short range Spas will also get advantage. Spas will have a longer range and will be much more effective with the new damage system, it will actually stop the reload when you press fire, so it will get its advantage. The DE's fire faster than the Ruger but have a slightly shorter range and a bigger clip, they will also get a damage advantage but will also remain a 2-shot-kill weapon. The Ruger will remain as is except for damage increase which wont leave it behind the other 2-shot-kill weapons, it will still have the defensive edge it always had, and will always kill in 2 shots, except if 1 hits the legs.

arC
October 4, 2003, 7:56 am
I agree with FS, ruger is fine as it is.

Middlemoor
October 4, 2003, 8:17 am
I don't think there is a comparison between the ruger and deagles. They work very differently.

doffencom
October 4, 2003, 11:42 am
Well, I don't mind the ruger, but make the minime ak aug mp spas better for real mode and it would be more even ( I owned with m79 on real mode one day here =D ) That was funneh.

Only guns i'm good with is DE and ruger.. As far as I remember deagles killed on 1 or 2 shots in real mode. ot actualy 2 or 4 Since it fire 2 shots =)

NuZZ
October 4, 2003, 1:49 pm
The real prob with the ruger is... well, the sound, i know its probably the real sound and all... But it makes the weapon sound quite old. And whats that old sound gonna compare with the barret/deagles/etc HUH :)

BMF
October 4, 2003, 4:10 pm
try earplugs

Chakra
October 4, 2003, 5:22 pm
Can always change the sound yourself too. Plenty of mods out there you grab a new noise from..

Does sound a tad 1944 though.

Uchihajeff
October 4, 2003, 6:22 pm
I hope they don't make deagles stronger. I use them and I don't want to be flamed by using them. Ruger is good too, and I hope they don't make any changes to it either. And a good ruger user can easily defeat me anyway, such as Chakra ;)

BMF
October 4, 2003, 6:37 pm
in a duel Ruger would win. But in clan matches Deagles are much more popular than the ruger

that fuking sniper
October 4, 2003, 8:08 pm
In duels it depends what map your dueling on. If its a small map such as RatCave or Arena3 which is coming back with 1.2 then there will be some adrenaline rushes.

BMF
October 4, 2003, 8:32 pm
yay Arena3 coming back!

AerialAssault
October 4, 2003, 8:33 pm
ruger ammo moves fasters than deagles, and its straight, no arch

Ymies
October 4, 2003, 9:09 pm
bah! everybody, get a life, AK life:P

anyway, ruger ownz deagles a big time, I were once a rugerist, I made a great bad when changing to barret coz it was just 'bout 1 month after that when ruger's reload time was changed to lower...[:-censored] it all! AK rox

Element_101
October 5, 2003, 3:10 am
All the guns are good the way they are except for the berret which I thnik needs some tweaking

Espian
October 5, 2003, 11:54 am
yeh i agree

Haro1121
October 5, 2003, 10:13 pm
yes ive been using the ruger everyonce in a while lately and it owns but im staying a Machine Gunner

Spitzfiya
October 6, 2003, 7:00 am
Ruger is a great weapon....I just wish I would use it more than the Deagle :/