( search forums )
Fabmanx -and- R present Ctf_Coliseum!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
R
October 4, 2003, 6:52 am
This is our, fabmanx's and mine's, first map working as a team together. I think it turned out quite well. It has good game play AND is botted. (Thanks to Darac the masta botter ;) ) If you see any bugs on it please report them so i can fix them and make it better. Thanks, enjoy!

*update*
-added more jet fuel

I think that this map would be better to play on with a larger amount of people. such as 10 people or 12 people. [;)]

Overview:
[IMAGE]

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf_Coliseum.zip51.52 KB

R
October 4, 2003, 7:04 am
its not big, try it. and its not bland. try it. [8D]

bb_vb
October 4, 2003, 7:34 am
It's pretty good, but I have just a few problems with it:

With the flags so relatively close together and up the top like they are, it basically makes the bottom half of the map redundant... And the lack of jet fuel adds to this problem.

The bots are alright, but I found they got stuck in a number of spots, including not being able to fly up to the flag from the bottom, and jumping wildly for loss of waypoints after having just capped the flag.

The only other thing is that it could do with just a tad more shading, but that's just my opinion...

But it's a really a pretty nice map, and I hope you guys will make more like it.

Oh, and one more thing, I think you forgot to put 'R' on the end of the map description... "Created by Fabmanx -and- " lol.

R
October 4, 2003, 7:55 am
hmm lol, i'll update the map in a bit with a little bit more jets and with a changed description Lol. thanks bb_vb

eyic
October 4, 2003, 8:01 am
looks nice R ;)

IRRiTANT
October 4, 2003, 8:44 am
It looks good and plays well, but as bb_vb says the bottom half of the map is sort of made redundant by the flags being so high up. I think you should move the flags to a more vertically central position, then both the top and bottom of the map would come into play and the map would rock!

R
October 4, 2003, 8:51 am
thanks irritant, i'll work on replacing the flags to somewhere lower and to the sides. I'll probably have a more updated verison of it sometime tomorrow. :)

Darac
October 5, 2003, 10:44 am
i personally dont like working like that... no one can do a better job than my self on a map thats my idea... i dont like seeing wacky new changes to it. lol but thats just me