alot one of them uses the M79 as his favoute weapon is it just me or

is the gun a bit over rated I mean on hit up close nad your dead

wtf and you dont lose kills for susides so it dosnt matter if you

kill your self using it My question to the soldat comunity is : is

the M79 over rated.

Also I know the barret is by far the most over rated gun

Dark_Noddy
October 4, 2003, 5:44 pm
The Guns Are IMO Fine ! Its Just Who Uses it that Counts !

3rd_account
October 4, 2003, 5:51 pm
All guns are fine (exept one litle thing called Barret) PLZ don't /brutalkill me for saying that.

BManx2000
October 4, 2003, 5:59 pm
/brutalkills him
And, for the record, overrated means something is worse than what people think it is, so are you saying M79 isn't that great? Or did you mean overpowered?

CardBoardWarrior
October 4, 2003, 6:00 pm
Um yeh i think he meant overpowered...

BMF
October 4, 2003, 6:40 pm
Deagles are much more potent than m79

AerialAssault
October 4, 2003, 8:20 pm
M79 is not over powered, Barret is overpowered, M79 has shortest range of any weapon, and u can sometimes hurt yourself with it, the only reason people dont just use barret instead is becasue it does splash damage and becasue its shots have an arch u can perform "trick shots" did i mention that it also has very slow ammo

Souza
October 4, 2003, 10:37 pm
IMHO m79 is one of the best weapons in soldat (also including the MIGHTY LAW and the ruger). i like to use it as a massive killing weapon that cannot be accurate sometimes

RDrull
October 5, 2003, 1:11 am
M79 is not over powered yap I sad it becouse its not and yes it dose kill from 1 hit, and yes it have the splashe damege, and its also cant shoot so far. So it have a Big disetventage. Aldo If a person cant use m79. The M79 in his hands would look like the worst wepon inthe game and that gose for all the weapons.

Element_101
October 5, 2003, 2:27 am
Yer over powered thats what I meant sorry for the mix up guys So the M79 isnt over powered ok I guess what RDrull was saying is right!

quote:Originally posted by RDrull
Aldo If a person cant use m79. The M79 in his hands would look like the worst wepon inthe game and that gose for all the weapons.

?
October 5, 2003, 2:36 am
ok this can be summed up liek this, a weapon is only as good as teh person holding it. =)

kkazican
October 5, 2003, 3:12 am
There are no overpowered or underpowered weapons. It only depends on the person's ability with it.

A noob holding a barret can miss someone with a soccom everytime because he sucks at shooting it. Is it still overpowered?

An ace can hit a noob everytime and kill him with an Ak-74. Is it underpowered?

redscitle
October 5, 2003, 4:01 am
wtf kkazican? I feel that any one can be good with the m79, except me. Any newbie with it is like pretty good. And for the barret, i love when they miss you, then you just charge with all might for that little time you get, then they pull out the law, and damn ur screwed, lol. God bless the Ruger, p.i.m.p.

eyic
October 5, 2003, 4:02 am
ok well, i never use the m79 but somtimes i just use it i have no idea why, but anyways somtimes i pwn it, and i have absoloutely no experience in it, but i like using the mp5, and im quite good at ti actually ^_^
anyways i use the mp5 because its not a one shot kill weapon AND because its more fun using it AND because it dont look like [:-censored] while my soldar is holding it AND because its hardly used, so it makes me feel special :)

Ramol
October 5, 2003, 12:57 pm
the first time i launched Soldat i was checking every weapon and finally i have chosen M79 cause it is fantastic weapon! Not because it kills without aiming [:P]but it has a great way of bullets (in polish it is called parabola maybe in english too:D). I love my grenade flying slowly through the body of my mate and splashing on the ground killing two ppl more! Can you do this with any other gun? Nope! So maybe it is overpowered? BTW I think that the best M79 player can never win with sniper/camper...Why? On every map are places where you can hide and there is no way to shoot you from M79 (Mr. Snowman and this annoying island and corridor under[:-weepn] i [:-censored]in hate it!!!!) So only beretta is overpowerd and that's for sure![8D]

DeadKenny
October 5, 2003, 1:20 pm
The M79 can be a fantastic support weapon, but nothing can challenge
with a nice fullautomatic and a couple of grenades [B)]

LiL_FuKa
October 5, 2003, 4:07 pm
M79 is not over powered. It's lack of range and accuracy make it easily over powered by other guns.

Ramol
October 5, 2003, 8:54 pm
And i think it should be the end of conversation: Lil fuka said everything[:D]

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 5, 2003, 9:04 pm
I like m79 although I never use it that wep is so cool so many weird shots that actually hit cause of its arc.

NightCabbage
October 6, 2003, 12:34 am
These days I tend to use all the guns, quite randomly :)

I used to use mainly m79 and Barret, which I still like...

But now I use them all :P

They are all good in different situations...

Element_101
October 6, 2003, 10:23 am
But you have to admiit its fuking annoying when some one fires the M79 over a hill and you see the

little ball of death coming towards you and you know theres nothing u can do except wait and watch

your guts splatrer all over the ground, Hey now I think about it its kinda funny lol!!!

slipZen
October 6, 2003, 12:27 pm
I just want to point out this:
Any n00b can hit you with a barret but when you have skillz you can miss with the barret (everybody misses sometimes) and then take the little motherfu**er with your USSCOM and grenades