( search forums )
Stationary Guns go boom
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chakra
October 4, 2003, 9:23 pm
Was playing a custom map just now... was two bigass ships with huge cannons seperated by a large landscape. But alas, couldn't use the cannons as they were just polygons. Thoughts of the fun to be had if the cannons could actually fire, allowing for pot shots at one another, made the child within giggle for a second while a idea sparked up.

SG's are bloody annoying, especially when noobs are concerned. So how about replacing them with a cannon that fires LAW's or m79 shells over great distances?

There'd be no constant lines of lagging gun fire, instead the occasional explosive pummeling your arse.

?
October 4, 2003, 9:42 pm
or we can take them out i think michal madea mistake by puttting them in

Dark_Noddy
October 4, 2003, 9:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?
or we can take them out i think michal madea mistake by puttting them in

I couldnt Agree more !

xav
October 4, 2003, 10:01 pm

I like SG.

Zingo
October 4, 2003, 10:17 pm
it should reload so it not just fire all the time

?
October 4, 2003, 10:25 pm
no they should be taken out of the game they are too annoying

koil
October 4, 2003, 10:32 pm
this isnt take the s.guns out of the game thread..

i dont know about your idea though chakra, s.guns that firing LAW/m79 ? i dont think it'll work better then the way that the normal sg worked

sauron_the_deceiver
October 4, 2003, 11:05 pm
I would like this as an addition to the current SGs. Some sort of mortar would be cool.

MisterX
October 4, 2003, 11:49 pm
Hmm.. could be nice on maps as the one you explained. An inf map where the defenders are on a ship.. sounds nice. But don't replace the "normal" ones with that.
And to the "take them out of the game": I think the turrets are nice, in infiltration. in ctf, like ctf_run, they dont have to be in, but in this map it's not a problem, because of the 3 different ways to get to the enemy base.

kkazican
October 5, 2003, 12:04 am
I don't really mind the SGs in inf maps too much but I would rather have that grenade launcher thing that you were talking about for the other types of gameplay.

JayBDey
October 5, 2003, 12:43 am
Um.. wtf are you on ?? SGs are the best thing ever in Soldat. It was not a mistake.

They need to be made so they over heat that?s all, but we don't need to remove them all together.

And of course, the placement of cannons is up to the map maker, if you don?t want them, turn them off. But if the end up being really fun to play with like SGs, most people will leave them in and you few people who hate them just have to live with it.

It's not like all the old maps will have Cannons put in them so you wont see any change there.

that fuking sniper
October 5, 2003, 2:09 am
Personally I dont think they should even have been added.

And having been, they should have some restrictions, such as an ammo limit per game, a heat bar, less accuracy, not like its current pin-point one. There should be a visible button on the options menu to turn off the SGs, not everyone knows hw to turn them off, and the current way is inconvenient.

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 5, 2003, 2:55 am
This will be solved by 1.2 so it should be fine by then.

Sharpshooter
October 5, 2003, 3:26 am
The barrel's should overheat after about 300 rounds causing a delay in fire allowing the operator to be taken out.

Darac
October 5, 2003, 11:08 am
all the stat guns needs is to be mounted on a vehical. and shell firing ones on tanks... and if hes really feeling up to it. missile ones on choppers. this wouldnt runnin the game play because you could only use vehicals on maps that are designed for them. so i think thats your solution

MisterX
October 5, 2003, 11:15 am
vehicles in soldat, in maps like the ones in now... I think that would be a bit too impossible

sauron_the_deceiver
October 5, 2003, 12:55 pm
VEHICLES IN SPECIFIC MAPS!!!

Ahem.

Unfortunately, there isn't ammo limits and relaods for the SGs in 1.2, but it has a majorly cool overheat.

LiL_FuKa
October 5, 2003, 3:37 pm
Well, I'd deffinately prefer big cannon thingis rather than those stupid S.guns.

jahuu
October 5, 2003, 6:19 pm
You want SGs out?

I had so much trouble getting them in!

Read about the crusade and say you are sorry! Otherwise...

?
October 6, 2003, 2:02 am
[:-glasses]other wise what punk[:-glasses]

carbon kid
October 6, 2003, 3:51 am
people who whinge about SG's should be shot. there not hard to aviod, not hard to kill the operator, they have there weakness's ,they cant be shot into spawns , have bit os the map stopping there shell's so theres nothing to whinge bout. stop being crap and gettign owned by them

Darac
October 6, 2003, 4:56 am
you know... if you really dont like them... then dont play maps with them.

doffencom
October 6, 2003, 3:17 pm
a boom sg is is better than teh old sg!

?
October 6, 2003, 9:32 pm
quote:you know... if you really dont like them... then dont play maps with them
thats 3 out of 6 ctf maps idiot

carbon kid
October 7, 2003, 10:43 am
T u are ghey

Hitman
October 7, 2003, 10:55 am
There is a way to disable them. Go in to the Soldat folder and open up the Setting wordpad, and at stationay guns change the number 1 to 0. I think thats how I did it.

choco
October 8, 2003, 12:21 am
whatever anyone ever seen or used an m2, i was lucky thanks to an army expo, they had several weapons we could use (steyr was the only one with blanks) other weapons were attached to a bipod and bolted down to a small desk..........ive used an m2 and trust me the accuracy in soldat is pretty much exactly right over the range its firing, the damn thing hardly even vibrates enough to shake your hands when u fire it.............the fire rate was exagorated a bit tho lol, also the overheating better be set to over 30 000 rounds cos they dont get very hot very fast thanks to all the holes near the start of the barrel

SG'S RULE and also it makes sense for the sg to have limitless ammo cos its all attacheched to a huge chain (hummers over in iraq have around 10 000 of those lil .50cal wonders in em) if a reaload was added reload time should be 3 secs(all you do is grab the chain, flip up the back part, slip the chain in, close it and lay waste)

sgs are ok as they are but for gameplay reasons limit them