( search forums )
Striker gives Soldat one more shot (S:S Server)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
SoldatStriker
October 5, 2003, 1:36 am
Oh man it's been so long since I've played Soldat! I swear, the Soldat part of mind is just about as good as covered in Cobwebs since I started up on another forum in favor of a fresh start.

Let's get one thing straight though: right now I have almost no confidence in my ability as far as Soldat goes, but regardless, I had lots of fun playing on the Silent Snipers server today. True, it sucks that so many weapons are disabled on their servers, but hell, I didn't care seeing as how there was good ping and I didn't feel like using anything other than an M79 and AK(That's right, AK still owns.).

Anyhow, I started in there with a nice warmup and all of a sudden, despite my months of not actively playing, something clicked in my mind. I'm not sure what it was, but for that one game I felt like I was playing better than I have in a long time. Sure, I was dying left and right(the inevitable part of Soldat), but was awesome was I was at least taking out 1-3 people out with me per death. Pretty good ratio, I'd say, for someone who stopped playing seriously months ago.

But hell, all of that didn't matter because...

(TUM TUM TUM!)

OmegaRagond had entered the server! (H01y $81t!)

I don't know what's it like for you guys when you enter a server, but when I enter a server I know from the outset that the player that ALWAYS give me the most trouble are any players with clan tags in their names who I've had the opportunity to play before.

Looks like my hypothesis was more than correct. Although I was able to contend with pretty much everyone else on the server no problem, there was something about the fury Ragond that just kept coming back and beating me to the bullet. Granted, every time me and Ragond were on the same screen it was nothing less than a showdown, almost like the "Generals" of the team telling everyone else to go home while they two duke it out for the sake of the match. Hell. Yeah.

This happens EVERYTIME I enter a capture the flag server and one of my opponents just happens to be someone I know. From that point on I tell myself, "Alright, screw this, I'm not going after the flag no more. The only way my team's going to win is if I hound the opposing team's 'Pointmaster' at every opportunity."

Long story short, me and Omega went at it at every opportunity we had. My favorite out of all of our encounters on the battlefeild today was when we were on top of that new ctf map and happened to fire both our guns at the exact same time(they were both one hit kill weapons, so you can sorta guess that we murdered each other faster than the mind can register shooting the weapon.)

All in all, that match was intense! It really just gets me worked up when I kill so many people in a single game, score so many points, get to play against a clan member, all that. So, after today's "Soldat Moment", I can say that I'm kind of looking forward to the next Soldat version...Soldat is just one of those games that, no matter how long I go without it, I may never be able put it down.

Staying power, like Tetris or Mario Bros., that quality makes you just forget about all other games when you're playing it. Yeah...That was my Soldat moment.

that fuking sniper
October 5, 2003, 1:59 am
:) Good to see you play Soldat again. Are you going to do it actively?

eyic
October 5, 2003, 2:19 am
hooray for striker, hey striker, this happens to me somtimes, I enter a game and rush, and manage to kill LOADS of people, its like a rampage, i jsut kil losmone then i kill another, then another, then i die and kill more, i mean heck, today i played a 2vs4 with a guy, and we won against the 4, was really fun, and somtimes i just doze of and keep ideing and end up with like 5 kills at the end of the game, very shameful :P

Spitzfiya
October 5, 2003, 6:13 am
Today I joined a server and some fellow players said HEY SPITZFIYA! and I was like yo! and then we all duked it out with knifes and then switched to chainsaws it was quite fun :D
The best thing about SOLDAT isthat its easy to find fellow SOLDAT players online and its fun to duel with them every moment you get.....When I first saw Night Cabbage in a server I wanted to pwn him every chance I got just because hes from the forums =) I dont think I will ever get bored of this Game. Its like crack! Soldat is a drug and I fukin Love it!

Welcome back to SOLDAT man!

Outcast
October 5, 2003, 10:35 am
Moments like that r rare for me :(

sauron_the_deceiver
October 5, 2003, 1:01 pm
Yeah. People complain that Soldat needs a bigger fan base, but when half the active Soldat players are on your msn list, it gets kinda fun when you know whos beating you =)

Has anyone here played against Dragosani? Whenever we have a server clash, it always seems like a duel, even though we're both killing everyone else.

You hear people say 'somewhere, out there, is the person for you' when speaking about love and all that shiat. Well sometimes I kinda feel the same about Soldat. I think that everyone has someone out there who is the perfect duelist.

CbbLe
October 5, 2003, 2:31 pm
Dragosani is great

SoldatStriker
October 7, 2003, 11:58 pm
TFS: Actively? Hell naw. Freelancing means I get to kill more people, and I haven't been in a clan that's showed me a clanmatch yet so I prefer playing every now and again.

eyic: Dude that's awesome. I can relate. Sometimes when you're in a server with loads of people and there's a stalemate, one of two things happen: people just stop caring and becoming that much easier to kill, or you develope a bloodlust and start plowing through the enemy like there's no tomorrow. If both of these happen at the same time, it almost always results in spawn camping-some people just can't keep up the pace.

Spitzfiya: I know what you mean. My main gripe with that though is the number of people I've never met that randomly IM me. Sure, I greet them all just the same, but what pisses me off is the international people who complain to me about America. It's like they forgot that they contacted me to play Soldat. I'm not very political, some people just can't help but give me their special "view" on America. To these people who realize I live in America and IM me to argue about it after I trounce them in a game of Soldat: "I don't care what your opinion of America is." Sorry for going too off track, but I really needed to get that off my chest. It's like people don't realize that I'm American, a soldat player, AND my own person. When it's a new player with questions though, I almost always offer to train them.

Outcast: Well, you could take the time out to remember the few matches we did have. Those were always fun, and I'm glad you're someone I can play competively against.

Sauron and Cbble: I've never heard of Dragosani, but I do agree with you when you say there's someone out there for everyone who is the perfect duelist. For me, I'd say it's Spike. We're good friends now, even after all this time, and even better, compliment each other's playing styles in match, be it on the same team or off.

ReDevil
October 8, 2003, 1:03 pm
SoldatStriker try to play more soldat, i guess it can be fun playing with ya ;P

ExMortis
October 9, 2003, 7:32 am
Yo, Striker.
I did my damndest to duck out of Soldat altogether since SPW fell apart, bt and the league fell apart, and I still had all these random swedish guys with insane ascii names MSNing me at all hours for a clanmatch.

Like you though I've been trying to get back into it lately. For whatever reason I wasn't ExMortis.SPW for a while, until I kinda got Gibtronic back into it, and said to hell with it, Speedwagon for life.

I was on EVO CTF or something and some guy with a name I didn't recognize, outta nowhere, recognized the clan tag. Which was fun.
Unfortunately I can't play on the S:S servers at all, I get no ping from them and I time out right away. But I saw Syzygy one night before the Connection Problems, and that was cool.

Anyway, my Soldat moments just involve recapturing that old glory, more or less. Hopefully we can have new glory, huh?

SoldatStriker
October 12, 2003, 4:19 am
quote:Originally posted by ExMortis
I was on EVO CTF or something and some guy with a name I didn't recognize, outta nowhere, recognized the clan tag. Which was fun.

Anyway, my Soldat moments just involve recapturing that old glory, more or less. Hopefully we can have new glory, huh?

Actually, that guy who recognized your clan tag was me. I was in the server with you all and I was playing under the name Sasuke.

I've always thought that Soldat 1.05b was always the "Golden Age" of Soldat, but am starting to come around to have more respect for the newer version. 1.05b ain't coming back, so we might as well make the most of what we have, old glory or no.

fabmanx
October 16, 2003, 7:07 am
i've played with u many times soldat striker....dont remember if i owned ya or if u owned me, either way fun stuff

Spike
October 23, 2003, 6:07 am
hey mortis if ur ever arround gimme a ring on msn ohtee9@yahoo.com

ReDevil
October 23, 2003, 7:55 am
SoldatStriker play more soldat on dna, people dont see you at all ;p