October 5, 2003, 5:08 pm
bah cant you see?
1.2a
a = alpha
alpha = test version

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :s

IRRiTANT
October 5, 2003, 5:41 pm
I hope it is removed ;-P ? That should stop the barret BOIZ!

3rd_account
October 5, 2003, 5:42 pm
Hope it's gone in the official 1.2 as well... or atleast nerfed a bit.

Outcast
October 5, 2003, 5:45 pm
I'll have to say this :
HAHAHAHHHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHHA

ClanKwH
October 5, 2003, 5:58 pm
Yeah Barret is for No skill ppl :P

sauron_the_deceiver
October 5, 2003, 6:12 pm
....Outcast has the right idea.

The Barret will never be removed. It may be replaced with another sniper rifle, but it'll never be removed. Soldat needs a long range gun like that. It makes it complete.

Hitman
October 5, 2003, 6:17 pm
Well said Outcast...

Cr4cK
October 5, 2003, 6:19 pm
no, tha wipponz will be unz-balanced! i h8 barret! VERYBODY HATES BARRET! BERRET=n0p skillz

ey look
Barret= b8rrt
BWHAHA

IRRiTANT
October 5, 2003, 6:21 pm
We can always hope :-(

Outcast
October 5, 2003, 6:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cr4cK
no, tha wipponz will be unz-balanced! i h8 barret! VERYBODY HATES BARRET! BERRET=n0p skillz

ey look
Barret= b8rrt
BWHAHA

Cr4ck = St00pid

SoldatStriker
October 5, 2003, 6:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by sauron_the_deceiver
....Outcast has the right idea.

The Barret will never be removed. It may be replaced with another sniper rifle, but it'll never be removed. Soldat needs a long range gun like that. It makes it complete.

It's official, the Barret will be removed in the new version in favor of a more balanced weapon, the Rambo Crossbow.

What's awesome about the new Rambo Crossbow is that has a 25% longer range than the Barret, but it does only 75% of the damage of a Barret shot. It's fast as hell though! ;)

sauron_the_deceiver
October 5, 2003, 6:51 pm
.......oh kay then...

Hercule Poirot
October 5, 2003, 7:01 pm
that's gay no one even plays rambomatch on net :)

so what gun is going to replace barret? minimi2?

The Second One
October 5, 2003, 7:09 pm
AWW COME ON!!!! Warfare is NEVER fair!!! THERE MUST AND WILL BE A GUN THAT IS WAY BETTER THEN THE OTHERS! p.s. if u remove barret, HEY! why not remove m79 too! its way unfair an more leathal than barret,,,......!!!!!

Hermann
October 5, 2003, 7:14 pm
Hahaha.. I'll miss my little cute barret. :((
Btw, I'll use my sweet M79. :]

koil
October 5, 2003, 7:20 pm
bah, get this in your head:

soldat would never be withount barret. striker is (prolly) joking.
cuz rambo is the fastest weapon there is, with (hardly) no reload time.

and yes, i'll say it again:
thats alpha. you know whats alpha means right? if you dont know, check my previous post in here.

(tho i wish i'm wrong at this, rambo is my fav wep ;P)

Frosty
October 5, 2003, 7:27 pm
the barret is here to stay. it will never be removed!

Michal has expressed how much he loves that gun!

SERIAL KILLeR
October 5, 2003, 7:40 pm
I dont think barret will ever be removed from soldat.
Its probebly a joke from CbbLe.

right?

GF
October 5, 2003, 7:54 pm
all people who say the sniper is for noskiller
i think this people can't play with the sniper because they don't kill somebody

koil
October 5, 2003, 7:58 pm
or maybe its because its not challanging enough for them?

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 5, 2003, 8:41 pm
Or maybe they play on servers where everyone is assaulting with them lol.

Ramol
October 5, 2003, 9:06 pm
Hmmmm I always emphasise how I hate baretta byt what ffs would be soldat without it? Leave baretta itself and kill [:-censored]in snipers:D

CbbLe
October 5, 2003, 9:32 pm
:)

NightCabbage
October 6, 2003, 12:35 am
Bah either way it's not in 1.2

But that UFO launcher is a good replacement ;)

And those damn bunnies breed like... er... rabbits!

Spitzfiya
October 6, 2003, 12:41 am
Why would Michal remove the barret....Its so fun capping snipers :)

?
October 6, 2003, 1:55 am
quote:And those damn bunnies breed like... er... rabbits!
[:-smile_green][:-smile_green][:-smile_green]that is hilarity anyway the game is not complete without the barret soo many players would be pissed off that michal would put it back in anyway if he did take it out

eyic
October 6, 2003, 2:01 am
everyone shut-up dammit! The barret is getting replaced by a UFO you can ride that can shoot laser beams and rockets :)

blazer
October 6, 2003, 2:14 am
ok eyic whatever if the barret get removed then lots of ppl would leave and it takes some skill to shoot the barret but if the barrets remove the ruger would replace it :)

EvilLaugh
October 6, 2003, 3:10 am
All im going to say is...

Thank God.

carbon kid
October 6, 2003, 3:30 am
quote:Originally posted by The Second One
HEY! why not remove m79 too! its way unfair an more leathal than barret,,,......!!!!!

wat u talking bout berret one shot kill plus long range, m79 lobs like half a foot infront of u and doesnt kill in one all tha time

liquidis x snake
October 6, 2003, 3:33 am
If this was true, boy am I glad I left Soldat.

JayBDey
October 6, 2003, 3:53 am
Removing the barret would be the best thing since SGs. It would really make the game so much better. Since so many people dont use it like a sniper rifle any way, just get rid of it.

Anything to get rid of the skilless barret assaulters.

that fuking sniper
October 6, 2003, 6:32 am
quote:Originally posted by JayBDey
Since so many people dont use it like a sniper rifle any way, just get rid of it.

Are you sure you play Soldat?

CbbLe
October 6, 2003, 7:16 am
It won't be removed..I just made the topic to joke with you non-betatesters =)

its a whole different topic if u could read what's inside.

...or not? :P

eyic
October 6, 2003, 7:18 am
NO CBBLE IS LIEING, THE BARRET IS GONNA GET REPLACED BY A DINASAUR THAT U CAN CONTROL BY A REMOTE CONTROL, YOU CAN EAT PEOPLE WITH IT TOO! LOL

slipZen
October 6, 2003, 9:11 am
i hope your truthfull now cbble, i really do cuz...

No mather how much i love soldat i would actually considering stop playing it if the barret were to be removed. I might even start to play counter-strike instead (thats not a fact, its a threat)

-wEENie-
October 6, 2003, 10:06 am
Moo.

CbbLe
October 6, 2003, 1:11 pm
moooooooooooooooo!

The Second One
October 6, 2003, 2:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by carbon kid
quote:Originally posted by The Second One
HEY! why not remove m79 too! its way unfair an more leathal than barret,,,......!!!!!

wat u talking bout berret one shot kill plus long range, m79 lobs like half a foot infront of u and doesnt kill in one all tha time

well my point is, that,, barret does N0T kill you with one shot if you got a b.p.vest, BUT emseventyninah kills j00 laazy 455 with one shot, EVEN with teh leet vest. CHICKS DIG BARRETS'!

CbbLe
October 6, 2003, 2:39 pm
Why must every thread turn into these nerf/unnerf barret threads....wait for new version and maybe something is changed.

GF
October 6, 2003, 4:51 pm
yes
wait for 1.2 and we all will see

g_omega
October 7, 2003, 1:42 am
I think thats a good idea, i just think its funny how many people freaked out when they heard the "news".

eyic
October 7, 2003, 1:45 am
Its not even true for ffs, Cbble was talkign about the new "Bunnie Launchers" put into soldat 1.2 :)

DeafBox
October 7, 2003, 4:07 am
i wish it was true :(

Guil
October 7, 2003, 4:11 am
Bunnie launchers? LOL I want to see that if it's true. :)

cat92
October 7, 2003, 5:00 am
For the life of me I can not understand what people have against the barret! I think being picked off from a distance adds to the experience! I think that its fun to elude those snipers and cap em with my eagles! As for the peeps who use it on assalts, good for them! Its a useful weapon that many people like, I'm not too fond of it cause I find sniping relativley boring, but others dont.

Toumaz
October 7, 2003, 4:12 pm
If the barret is removed, less people will play soldat.

Ramol
October 7, 2003, 5:28 pm
quote:I think being picked off from a distance adds to the experience! LOL![:D][:D][:D] Can you tell me what experience does it bring? Dying one? [;)] Play with for instance [UJ] Napi, ask him to camp and try to kill him:D Great fun and [:-censored]ing experience well!!!!! What a bull[:-censored]ting!

Retribution
October 7, 2003, 9:56 pm
If this isnt a joke...........................Dont take away barret it is my second fav main gun right after m79 ><

cat92
October 8, 2003, 12:53 am
Well, yes. Dying is a significant part of the experience it brings, thats true... But I still think the whole concept is pretty cool!

(doesn't mind losing as long as he gets to see pretty explosions and gore)

Staple_nutz
October 8, 2003, 6:58 am
Somebody clear this thread up for us IS IT OR ISN'T BEING REMOVED!!!!!! removing this weapon will resault in less players

yeah its a bit n00bish but isn't it great ripping a guys head off in one shot :D

cat92
October 8, 2003, 7:15 am
Yes it is, thats why I use the ruger in rs mode!

eyic
October 8, 2003, 9:09 am
omg, everyone is falling for it, guys im telling u the truth, the bunnie launchers are currently getting implemented..!

SoldatStriker
October 8, 2003, 10:13 am
quote:Originally posted by eyic
omg, everyone is falling for it, guys im telling u the truth, the bunnie launchers are currently getting implemented..!

Actually eyic, if you would have been keeping up with the beta testing forum, you would have noticed from the sudden outcry that the Barret will not be replaced by the Rambo Crossbow and that Michal's scrapping the bunny launcher idea. For the sake of originality, the Barret's new replacement is the Bunny Crossbow, and I'll be sure to have some screenshots of it ready by the end of tomorrow just for all of the people that think it's a hoax. After Realistic mode, Michal wanted to take a less than serious approach to the game, and between this weapon and the new Clown Shoes jet powerup, I applaud his efforts. (Must sleep now...)

AerialAssault
October 8, 2003, 11:51 am
for the record, no matter how much skill u think a barret take to use, keep in mind that if u miss that one shot agaisnt an auto user or deagle user, its pretty much over. IMO barret requires much more skil than u guys give it credit for, i think it should be nerfed so that u cant shoot on the run. u must crouch or prone to fire, then people would use it for what it realyl is, a sniper rifle. and all u people who hate snipers "campers" u sir can STFU, theres nothign wrong with sniping, u get a better feeeling by killing the guy and evading his shot than u ever would by just telling him to stop, i myself am not a sniper usually, im an M79er, a gun that requires more skill then any IMO i use all weapon and know each weapon qualities. if barret was removed soldat jsut wouldnt be the same anymore, i used to be annoyed by barreters, but not anymore, becasue i realize their point of view, that my gun is just as annoying as theirs thay hate it when hit my a stream of AUG bullets, or a little white ball(m79 nade) it gets them annoyed casue they spent so much time getting into their little spot that they thought would hide them until u kiled them. some of u think u want barret removed, but if it was removed, there would be a hole in soldat, a hole never able of filling, because that hole would be the barret's spot, and everytime u didnt get shot down form a mile away by a barret, youd say glad im not respawning rightn ow, but there would be a little hole in your heart, missing it, missint that sniper bullet, and you all know it....

eyic
October 8, 2003, 12:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by SoldatStriker
quote:Originally posted by eyic

Actually eyic, if you would have been keeping up with the beta testing forum, you would have noticed from the sudden outcry that the Barret will not be replaced by the Rambo Crossbow and that Michal's scrapping the bunny launcher idea. For the sake of originality, the Barret's new replacement is the Bunny Crossbow, and I'll be sure to have some screenshots of it ready by the end of tomorrow just for all of the people that think it's a hoax. After Realistic mode, Michal wanted to take a less than serious approach to the game, and between this weapon and the new Clown Shoes jet powerup, I applaud his efforts. (Must sleep now...)

Your a liar I tell you, a liar! Arest this man, Guards! "cough"

Anyways Michal is currently working on the New and Improved
"Cow Automatic Squirt Pistol" Its soo cool! Yep soldat 1.2 is gonna be a beuaty, oh and did I ever mention the new UFO CURRENTLY gettign worked on? ^_^

EvilLaugh
October 8, 2003, 1:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
for the record, no matter how much skill u think a barret take to use, keep in mind that if u miss that one shot agaisnt an auto user or deagle user, its pretty much over. IMO barret requires much more skil than u guys give it credit for, i think it should be nerfed so that u cant shoot on the run. u must crouch or prone to fire, then people would use it for what it realyl is, a sniper rifle. and all u people who hate snipers "campers" u sir can STFU, theres nothign wrong with sniping, u get a better feeeling by killing the guy and evading his shot than u ever would by just telling him to stop, i myself am not a sniper usually, im an M79er, a gun that requires more skill then any IMO i use all weapon and know each weapon qualities. if barret was removed soldat jsut wouldnt be the same anymore, i used to be annoyed by barreters, but not anymore, becasue i realize their point of view, that my gun is just as annoying as theirs thay hate it when hit my a stream of AUG bullets, or a little white ball(m79 nade) it gets them annoyed casue they spent so much time getting into their little spot that they thought would hide them until u kiled them. some of u think u want barret removed, but if it was removed, there would be a hole in soldat, a hole never able of filling, because that hole would be the barret's spot, and everytime u didnt get shot down form a mile away by a barret, youd say glad im not respawning rightn ow, but there would be a little hole in your heart, missing it, missint that sniper bullet, and you all know it....

LOL, SToP TRYING TO DEFEND YoUR CRAPPY WEAPoN THAT TAKES NO SKILL. ITS GoNE, CRY BITCH

CbbLe
October 8, 2003, 3:15 pm
uhhm , it still isn't....ready my previous posts maybe?

BMF
October 8, 2003, 5:41 pm
Aerial Assault. If you miss with a barret on a huge deathmatch, you are screwed. If you miss on a clan match, you just fall back and wait for it to reload. No way you can beat the barret with anything. Of course it IS possible to play CTF with other weapons. Deagles rock for example, and they are very good against barret. But it is still over powered, thats a fact.

AerialAssault
October 9, 2003, 3:00 am
i used to beleive the same thing BMF, but when u think about it, the gun was design to peirce tank armor but hell, its an outstanding long rifle, with full metal jacket slugs, its a sniper rifle, made to kill in one hit, and its gonan do that; the question isnt what is michal gonna do to stop it, the question is what are u gonna do to stop the guy using it, there are flaws to the barret u have to find its weakness and extort it, for example, try using the "superman" move in mid air to dodge the bullet when u come at the sniper at high speeds, it puts stress on him, causes him pressure hes gonna shoot, hes gonan try to kill u before u get behind him, because he most likely prone, and youll kill him b 4 he turns around your moving to fast he cant aim hell shoot under the pressure, most likely miss, youll be behind him right where u want to be, for that split second the barret sniping technique is flawed, now your chance to blast im away with your gun, weather it be AK or Deagle, or even mini, at this point in time they all get the job done. this is my advice to u as a sniper myself i know my own weaknesses, im not usually a sniper, mostly on the map Laos and b2b thats about it, im usually an m79er, and if u use m79 try shotting area around sniper, it makes him go flying from the explosion it doesnt kill him, just disrupts his aim and pisses him off alot, i love doing this. hehe good luck happy sniper kiling

BMF
October 9, 2003, 4:51 am
btw i try not to use barret at all. I use all the weapons basically

LiL_FuKa
October 10, 2003, 8:08 pm
Sorry to say this but whoever thought that Barret was gonna be removed is a complete IDIOT.

DsC
October 10, 2003, 8:36 pm
remove barret reduce n00bs :D

ReDevil
October 10, 2003, 8:51 pm
you are jk right?

Psyl3ntShad0w
October 11, 2003, 12:32 am
"If the barret is removed, less people will play soldat."

i think its funny that people consider leaving soldat if the barret is removed...rofl.

if you were thinking with your brain...which i assume most people do...you'll realize how stupid that sounds.

ReDevil
October 11, 2003, 1:44 am
thats can be really wonderful, less people(less noobs! :P ) will play the game