( search forums )
Lighting the map + background things
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Mechanoid
October 6, 2003, 1:53 am
I've noticed in some maps that some of the lower parts of the map once compiled/played in-game are darker than the upper parts.

Is this a lighting effect, and how do i go about creating it?

also, since my Soldat map maker likes to chop off the longer background: colors stuff, could you possibly tell me what the majority of them do?

thx if you help me out.[:-eyebrows]

bb_vb
October 6, 2003, 8:05 am
quote: I've noticed in some maps that some of the lower parts of the map once compiled/played in-game are darker than the upper parts.

I don't really understand what you mean by the lower parts getting darker... The background is gradiented from the top to bottom with two colors; do you mean the bottom colour is getting darker?

quote:also, since my Soldat map maker likes to chop off the longer background: colors stuff, could you possibly tell me what the majority of them do?

And I don't get what you mean here either... are you saying you cant see the properties bar properly and want to know what everything does? If so, this might help:

http://members.dodo.net.au/barsdells/mapmaker/mapmaker.html

lol, hope that helped you...

Mechanoid
October 7, 2003, 1:36 am
Ahhh, that did help me somewhat. Darken/Lighten verticies was what i was looking for. Thank you![:-bonc01]

However, by my second question i mean this:

[IMAGE]

#2. Background Colors.
My computer likes to cut off the long names of the Upper/Lower color names. Also, some of the names that dont get cut off dont exactly make sense... For example:

Btn Face
Btn Highlig(ht?)
Btn Text

Those i have no clue what they do.

Grey Text - Grey text of what? Do i need to do something here?
Highlight - Highlight what?
Highlight T(?)- Highlight what?
Hot Light - What does this thing do?

Info Bk - ???

3 D Dark Sh(adow? Shade?) - What does this thing do?
3 D Light - What does this do? Light the map with something? Darken/lighten verticies on polygons seems to do this. Is it cut-off?

You know, THAT Background : Color stuff.[xx(]

bb_vb
October 7, 2003, 6:28 am
Ah, I get you now, lol.

Those colours listed are just the system colours. They arn't anything special for the map or anything, just extra colours for you to choose.

Like 'btn face' is the colour of your system's command buttons, and 'highlight' is the highlighted text colour for the system.

And yeah, I think it cuts off the ends for everyone.

Mechanoid
October 8, 2003, 1:26 am
OK. ty.

no more worries.
[:-bonc01]