( search forums )
Bot Count/Console Command Problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
ssjtrunks32
October 6, 2003, 5:55 pm
A couple of problems which are more annoying than anything else...

1. Randomly, the number of bots in my game gets altered. And it's always less. Example: Say I have a 6 v 5 game queued up, it randomly changes my bots to 5 v 4. Or 6 v 2. Or something like that.

2. Trying to remedy the above problem, I use the /addbot command. Only it doesn't work. I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct syntax (ex. /addbot Blain). Even so, all of the other commands work (or at least the ones I tried - /kill, /brutalkill, /nextmap)

3. The mapslist also gets randomly deleted. After playing a map and going back to the main menu, I find my mapslist deleted. Which doesn't affect me too much, but it's kinda annoying...

The worst thing is none of these problems ever showed up before. I used to be able to play Soldat normally without any of these problems. I can't, however, pinpoint the exact time when these bugs started happening.
I've even downloaded 1.1.5 from another site (and the patch) and run those, but I still have the same problem [:-weepn].

Help...?

Hitman
October 6, 2003, 8:43 pm
About the /addbot thing; I don't think that it works in game modes which features teams. It doesn't work for me either in team matches but in Death Match it works (basicilly any mode which does not feature teams).

About the Map list disapearing after you have played a map; this has only happened to me a couple of times, but just like you it doesn't really bother me.

I have never had the other bot problem, so I can't help you with that.

Hercule Poirot
October 9, 2003, 11:15 am
yeah about /addbot it don't work on me too but i havent tried it on dm only tdm mode (i tried to add more zombies)

but why michal don't make this bot adding more easier like server admin press esc (in any game mode) and in menu there could be text like "Add / Remove Bots" after that is pressed it shows teams (if played inf/ctf/tdm) and there would be this box that open all bots names and then you just choose what bots you want on which sides and after bots names would be number of them (1 at start) and you could rise it to like 32? or what is bot limit anyway (all bots together 32 not like blain 32 sniper 32 that would make 64 bots) and you could remove bot just by pressing bot name so that would be much easier

or make this /Addbot command working but more like this /Addbot Blain Red or /Addbot Sniper green it would add blain to red team and sniper to green team or multiple bots (like zombies) /Addbot 20 Zombie red it would add 20 zombie bots on red team it would be more easier then adding only 1 bot at the time...

SERIAL KILLeR
October 9, 2003, 3:03 pm
I think it could be that there are custom bots in the mod(s) u use that arent compatible with 1.5 because they were made in a older soldat version.
Soldat sees them as bots but when u try to add them they dont appear.

If u installed the freshly d/led version above the other version the older bots would still be there.