( search forums )
Maps + Spawns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Sharpshooter
October 7, 2003, 6:11 am
Would be nice to see some more flat and bigger soldat maps. That are offical. Too many small maps with small spawns which are easy to spawn camp. Another thing that would be good is spawn camp protection. An area that the enemy cannot get into so you can stop and choose your weapon without dieing 400 million times. Maybe even an area that kills the enemy when they try to get into it to spawn camp you.

Chakra
October 7, 2003, 1:59 pm
I agree baby. Soldat deserves bigger maps, even more so than ctf_run. I feel like alot of ctf maps seem to revolve around two bases where much deathmatch-style carnage is to take place, with paths between the two...prime example being kampf or viet. I especially hope for a no-jets ctf map. That'd be most interesting.

kkazican
October 7, 2003, 9:15 pm
No jets ctf? That would be sick! I love lagrange!

Soldat should get bigger maps. Maybe Mike could get some help from some good Soldat Map Makers.

BManx2000
October 7, 2003, 11:03 pm
More flat + bigger = boring.

xXShavoXx
October 7, 2003, 11:09 pm
Well, if Michal doesn't plan on removing the new "physics" of 1.2, I plan on making a realistic inf map with no jet fuel. It's purely experimental however.

qazwertred
October 7, 2003, 11:09 pm
I do agree with BManx2000. At least with 2 few people.

TIR_Blade
October 8, 2003, 12:38 am
Don't no about 1.2 but no jets would be very difficult for CTF, mostly because that would almost limit u to 1 way to the enemy. U couldn't go underground because u couldn't get back up, no going up because u need boost for that. It would be more difficult and slow.

Mechanoid
October 8, 2003, 1:17 am
a properly constructed CTF map with 'no-jet-fuel-to-jet' would have to be constructed with slopes and "stairs" of polygons, so there would be no need for jump jets. Also, there would have to be very little "fall to ya death" places.

Long map with capture the flag with no jump jets would rule. Players would have to use M79 and Barret as their proper roles (support and sniper) instead of direct assualt (well, M79 could be used as a suicide-soldat, and M82 could be used as a high-powered-one-shot-one-kill but "weak" when compared to the other automatics (fast shoot + medium power > slow shoot massive power)

Dathker
October 8, 2003, 1:29 am
a bigger map would be cool but you would definatly have to have jets and you the map would have to be complicated or else it become boring
flat = too easy to kill

giff
October 8, 2003, 2:30 am
A no jet CTF map I would find very interesting, and I'd have a lot of fun with it. Lagrange is one of my favorite DM maps, though it took me a few plays to actually like it at all. I like that idea.

And sharpshooter, props with the thrice in the sig. One of my favorite bands.

Sharpshooter
October 8, 2003, 2:59 am
I just like a more battlefieldish type map for ctf would be better then most of the ctf maps we have right now. Something big. With good flat path for assault infantry to move through on both sides that meet at one point and all hell breaks loose. It might be boring with 2-4 people but its not hard to get a 6+ man game going.

Thanks giff, Thrice rules.

Sharpshooter
October 8, 2003, 3:04 am
What about the spawn ideas? What does everyone think of those?

carbon kid
October 8, 2003, 6:16 am
people can still snipe u, just stay a lil far away and boom as u either drop outta ur spwan or jet up ur gonna get shot

Sharpshooter
October 8, 2003, 11:52 am
Thats you. Not all of us.

xXShavoXx
October 8, 2003, 3:49 pm
1.2 allows for people to climb verticle slopes (like previous 1.1.x versions, thus allowing for ladders and stuff). So once that is released, I'll try and make a map with no jet fuel.

sauron_the_deceiver
October 8, 2003, 4:03 pm
I think that a ctf map with no fuel would be great. In the same way lagrange is to the deathmatch, it would make a change of pace to a server, every once in a while. But there *might* (I'm not confirming anything) be a new ctf map added in 1.2 anyway, so its probably a no no for this version.

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 8, 2003, 4:09 pm
I love "hoppeling" lol kinda cool and if u can make parallel polygons u can do it martial arts style back and forth between them getting higher and higher in each jump ^_^

CardBoardWarrior
October 8, 2003, 8:35 pm
I has an idea. Why dosent some one just take lagrange, put flag spawns in it, change the name, change colors/shading maybe,and probably change texture, and ther you have a simple ctf map. big and flat, althugh there is only one way to go. maybe just add a tunnel or a island thing in the middle.

p.s. kamikaze ninja- why'd u change ur sig? the old was much better i thougt, and anyway ppl can see ypur icg/msn/aim names from above your posts or your profile.

sauron_the_deceiver
October 8, 2003, 10:51 pm
Because Michal specifically says (in the manual) that you are not allowed to edit any of the maps ^.^

Sharpshooter
October 9, 2003, 1:57 am
Well then give us good flat maps! Until then we will hold your lagrange hostage.

?
October 9, 2003, 2:39 am
i really wish we could have a no jets ctf map =/