( search forums )
Weapon Customisation
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Prometheous
October 7, 2003, 3:31 pm
I don't know if anybody has suggested this before but why don't the Soldat creators add a custom weapon feature to the game where people who donate have the option to create their own weapons, because then everybody has a signature weapon.

They could do it by having a base weapon with certain features, for example pistol, rifle, etc, which you can then upgrade and build upon.

Lets say you have 20 points to upgrade your weapon, then for each upgrade a certain number of points is taken off relative to the benifit of the upgrade. For example increased accuratcy may take off 3 points, when increase fireing rate takes of 2. Therefore you can custom your weapon to your liking.

However there can be other options such as increasing the magazine size, reload rate and power of the bullets, and players can name their weapons :D

It would be a pretty good idea so it is something to think about adding to the base weapons already on soldat.

SO What Do You Think!

P.S.

Customise your own player, eg speed, health, jumping height, etc just to increase the customisability to the game.

bLaStEr
October 7, 2003, 3:48 pm
Lol some part I love this & some part I hate it [xx(]
So I really don't know...

Prometheous
October 7, 2003, 3:51 pm
Love it because it would give you complete free control over your player: so that they match your personality, whether you get out the big guns or go for a more stealthy sniper tactic.

koil
October 7, 2003, 4:02 pm
dont like it...
maybe the wep part is ok.. only if its a server option.

but then you'll get confused which wep is your custom and which isnt.. hrmm thats a tough one.
i'll go for no.

(btw, you can edit the weps names, under x:\soldat-directory\weapons-txt i think :s)

Prometheous
October 7, 2003, 4:15 pm
Confused, sadly only idiots would get confused, and anyway if you are confused, they have different names, eg HK mp5, or Mrs MO FO which is really hard to get confused over, and anyway it can be listed under custom on the weapon select window.

Please anybody else with an opinion... thought through and written consisivly.

3rd_account
October 7, 2003, 4:22 pm
I really³¹² hate it!

This would ruin the whole game, just like some cheap AMX-mod for CS. And if this was a function only for registerd I'd really hate it and would kill you guys.

Prometheous
October 7, 2003, 4:29 pm
Why? [?][?][?]

How would it be a bad idea, each person has the oportunity to custom their guns, and each has the ability to custom them to the same amount because of the points system, and so no gun can exceed to super levels just to your taste, so if you have a reason for thinking it would be bad then post it.

1: if it is an option then the host player of a server game can deactivate the custom wepons option and so only normal guns can be used.
2: if you want if as a free option without registration then it can be added as that.

If anybody else has a idea to improve mine, then post, damn you, post :D Lets try to develope the idea!

Cold Fusion
October 7, 2003, 4:35 pm
That's why you have 10 primary guns... so you can choose the one that you like and matches your playing style. There's enough variety in those for the moment.

Also, from a practical point of view, how will one person playing on another computer know what type of gun the other person has? Basically, it shouldn't be down to how well you design your gun, it should be your skill and being able to use a variety of weapons and tactics.