( search forums )
&@$%$*^$@ ... I hate my firewall
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
cat92
October 8, 2003, 12:41 am
My darn server reset the settings, now I have to go back and open my favorite ports all over again.

Um, I'm hoping that I only have to open the default port that soldat lists... Occasionaly these things change.

BMF
October 8, 2003, 12:48 am
just turn it off, why do you need a firewall anyway?? If somebody wants to hack you, they will hack you. Trust me

cat92
October 8, 2003, 12:56 am
Not if I'm running Linux they wont. I'm hosting a company site for a freind at the moment, his server died a horrible death because of a broken window and a storm.

(now what big storms on the coast have broken windows in recent weeks? cookie for the first person to come up with the correct answer!)

Spitzfiya
October 8, 2003, 3:19 am
I having problems with people connecting to my server because of my D-Link hardware firewall...anyone know how to get around this???

cat92
October 8, 2003, 3:21 am
Worm are indeed agents of satan

NightCabbage
October 10, 2003, 2:13 am
Routers and firewalls suck :P lol

They basically prevent people from joining your server, and generally they need to be forwarded through the lobby to join at all.

CardBoardWarrior
October 10, 2003, 2:41 am
yeah really...gaw i hate routers/firewalls. why the hell do companies put firewalls in routers? [:-censored] that!

And how do i open ports???

toadsMoke
October 10, 2003, 11:23 am
lets start from the beginning shall we [for maybe the 100th time], what network setup do you have? what router are you using or what firewall software?