( search forums )
Lava = after burn
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
juice _ box
October 8, 2003, 1:01 am
After stepping on lava you should continue to get dammage for a second or to because its common knowlage that you will be in pain after stepping in lava. [xx(]

Mechanoid
October 8, 2003, 1:08 am
small adjustments like this = winnar

would make sense too; abit of the lava sticks onto your bones, and melts them away.[:P]

cat92
October 8, 2003, 2:59 am
um... What kind of lava are we talking about?

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 8, 2003, 3:05 am
The lava polygon type :/ the one that reduces ur hp slowly while standing on it...

cat92
October 8, 2003, 3:13 am
Oh, not evil sinking death trap lava that quickly reduces your health on account of the other team shooting you in the head? ;)

Seriously though, you could make sinky liquid lava that causes the player to die a greusome death instead of non sinky wimpy lava.

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 8, 2003, 3:51 am
But the game is made from Polygons and there would be more coding, there really hasn't been any or a lot of complaints about that...

-edit
i meant the sinking
not the fire thing i like the catchin on fire thinger for a few secs.

Darac
October 8, 2003, 5:32 am
well if you eant realistic then you would die as soon as you touched it... but yeah i agree with you. also i think you should catch on fire. when you die or something. cause at the moment it just like a "hurts" polly

carbon kid
October 8, 2003, 6:08 am
this is already implemented foools
on the ctf map cant remeber if u go on the roof bit theres a bit whereu s lowly die and in a deathmatch map where sum body armour is ur slowly die and it acutlly loosk like lava

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 8, 2003, 6:46 am
Carbon they are talking about a lasting burning affect after uve left the lava poly not while ur still on it.

cat92
October 8, 2003, 7:25 am
Well... You could have it sinky by making it a jaggie. you run into the lava, sink into the map, and die! Just duplicate the bug and call it a feature!

Darac
October 8, 2003, 7:38 am
i think my idea of see through polies you can walk through that damage you would solve this problem. that way if your close to the lava you'll get damaged, and if you touch it then you die. or something like that. you should also be able to set the rate at which your health goes down when your on a lava/hurts poly

cat92
October 8, 2003, 7:56 am
Oooh... Thats good! Thats really good!