Been playin.
Having fun.
With the minigun.
----
By myself.
On my own server.
Against zombie bots.

Simple question:
Why does no one use the minigun or not many servers have it there to be chosen?
Why?
Just "Why?".
No bull crap, no stupid answers; for stupid answers denote stupid people; there is no stupid question for a question demands to be answered, no matter the simplicity! Serious answers. Serious answers only.[:-irked]

If it sucks, why?
If it is cheap, why?
If it is easy to kill with in realistic, why?
If it is laggy... Well, easy to answer (UPGRADE![:-mischievous])

But the most serious:

If it isn't used... why is it even in Soldat?[:-indifferent]

cat92
October 8, 2003, 2:42 am
Because of people like you who use it in single player.

The minigun lags the server, dont harp about upgrades, they wont make much of a difference on either side. If you have 12 people and half of them are spraying the walls, well... L-----AAA-GG-----(soldat exits server)

giff
October 8, 2003, 3:19 am
I like the minigun... and if anyone says it 'sucks' or is 'useless', i can name quite a few people who will smoke them with it. It's all in the eye of the beholder...

But yeah, not in a lot of servers because it causes lag.

cat92
October 8, 2003, 3:22 am
The mini is quite amusing isn't it?

BMF
October 8, 2003, 3:45 am
miniguns are cool. Nothing better than to own a person with a minigun =) But alot of newbies are abusing them and creating lag.

AquaShyGuy
October 8, 2003, 4:01 am
c'mon it doesn't lag that much cept if there's like 16+ ppl.

cat92
October 8, 2003, 4:26 am
Who plays with less than 16 people? Bleh. I like a target rich environment thank you very much.

carbon kid
October 8, 2003, 5:48 am
its good i cna go through rounds and get bout 20 kills with it without cappin its prety powerful as well

Bugs Revenge
October 8, 2003, 1:38 pm
It's good in ctf.. when u r trying to get the enemy's flag... just run with the minigun ;)

ReDevil
October 8, 2003, 2:45 pm
minigin sux, minigun lames, minigun lags, minigun is everything ;p

Nebby
October 8, 2003, 3:16 pm
Minigun is fun to mess around with and have a laugh.

i was in DNA the other day, and me and half our team were using minigun, which caused LOTS of CP's. that's when the fun stopped.

Dark_Noddy
October 8, 2003, 3:51 pm
My thoughts on minigun: "It SUX ass"
Thats some days ago :D Till ystr day I tried it..
When Used Right its very good.. I kicked ass with it !!

My Current Thoughts on Minigun: "Woohoo ! Great Gun :D"

n00bs creating lag is bad tho..

Use it right Win the Fight !! hahaha

sauron_the_deceiver
October 8, 2003, 3:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Nebby
Minigun is fun to mess around with and have a laugh.

i was in DNA the other day, and me and half our team were using minigun, which caused LOTS of CP's. that's when the fun stopped.

Yeah, that was such an awesome game.

But the thing is that you need about 6 miniguns in the game to actually make noticable lag. That rarely happens (that was the first time I've played in DNA like that), so people, stop blaming the fact you suck on miniguns!

I've decided that I'm using minigun as my weapon for a while. Prove to people you CAN win with it.

DeadKenny
October 8, 2003, 4:40 pm
Minigun = 0% style; 0% flow

ReDevil
October 8, 2003, 4:44 pm
lol, how to use it right? what a bull[:-censored], minigun sux, and its lags no manner how u use it

DeadKenny
October 8, 2003, 4:49 pm
even tha chainsaw is more dangerous

Dark_Noddy
October 8, 2003, 4:55 pm
sauron_the_deceiver I will Go by ur example and Use it to ! :D

ReDevil
October 8, 2003, 5:35 pm
DeadKenny is so right, the ChainSaw kicks the minigun's ass!

BMF
October 8, 2003, 5:37 pm
Come on, minigun is the most stylish weapon. A newbie starts bargging?? Whip out a minigun and kick his ass. Trust me, he will learn a lesson

LiL_FuKa
October 8, 2003, 6:46 pm
Well, I used to think that minigun sucked, cos everyone says it's a noob gun, however I was a noob myelf then. Well, the reason why noobs use it is cos, well it's the biggest baddas gun in soldat! I tried using it in a ctf game once and it's great for escaping with the enemy flag, just spray all your enemies underneath you...lol

kkazican
October 8, 2003, 7:36 pm
I once tried minigun when I was a noob and I horribly sucked with it. I couldn't kill a sniper if he was proning next to me and I had a full clip. It takes some experience with the game to work the gun. So i don't call it a noob gun I just consider everyone that uses it effectively "skilled with the mini"

DeadKenny
October 8, 2003, 8:05 pm
the minigun is an effective crossfire weapon, but when i tried to
fire at long range it truly sucked ass.

Souza
October 8, 2003, 9:55 pm
bah... minigun is one of the best weapons in soldat (no matter what everybody says :P). but that's my honest opinion o.O

ReDevil
October 8, 2003, 10:08 pm
anyway in every server the minigun exists, i think its lame but its there for u in every server, even in DNA. ;]

Staple_nutz
October 9, 2003, 3:10 am
The mini gun is for teh n00bs i remember in the older versions were the mini gun had heaps of kick back it used to be fun for doing races around the map but thats about it. it's soo spaming how you just let loose and spray like a bloody fire hydrant

Sky
October 9, 2003, 4:58 am
When I was a noob, I used it..... Who didn't? I still think it's a blast, and I'm not very good with it. BUT, if you run into someone that is.... Oooooh.... Bend over and kiss your nards goodbye!

And being on 56k myself, I say more miniguns! Let more feel the incessant lag!!! BUAHAHAHAHAA..... Ahem..... what?

cat92
October 9, 2003, 5:32 am
I've always enjoyed shooting a guy with a mini in the head before the gun started fireing...

that fuking sniper
October 9, 2003, 5:55 am
People think and say its a "n00b gun" because it is mostly used by noobs who dont do anything with it but spray mindlessly and often hamper their own teammate's manuverability.

Most people discover other weapons which fit their styles more, or ones that they make their styles fit into. Minigun is underused mostly because of the time it takes to "wind up" before it launches the hornet's nest of bullets, and that time can dominate your fate...

Element_101
October 9, 2003, 1:04 pm
In 1.2 theres 50% better net coding so that should help the lag big time!!.

Theres not that much skill involved through cause the bullets spray so inaccuratlly Its impossilbe

to aim.

Michal Marcinkowski
October 9, 2003, 3:20 pm
The minigun does not lag the server.
It used to in the old versions. Test it, and you'll see it does not have an affect on players ping.

Anyway I was playing once with 15 people on a only-minigun server and it was hell funny!:)

?
October 9, 2003, 3:22 pm
dang 15 people that had to be hilarious

cooz
October 9, 2003, 8:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
The minigun does not lag the server.
It used to in the old versions. Test it, and you'll see it does not have an affect on players ping.

maybe it don't make net lags, but on slow/old comps it greatly cut down fps rate!

DeafBox
October 10, 2003, 6:05 am
I think the main thing with the mini is that it is impossible to become really really good using it. Its great to muck around with, but people quickly realise that it is ultimately flawed and choose a different gun. Hopefully it will be abit more balanced in the next version.

scarecrow
October 10, 2003, 3:27 pm
the minigun is cool bu if you shoot with it the bullets are going everywere only not at the place you want. that's why I think only NOOBS has got it

Aspa
October 26, 2003, 7:46 pm
In my opinion the minigun is just a jetpack booster, I have yet to see someone own with it. I think either the accuracy or the damage needs to be upped a little bit. And it would be cool if spin-down could be added, so you wouldn't have to spin all the way up every time you stop firing.

The funniest thing you can do with the minigun is walking right up to somebody so you pistol-whip them instead of firing. Talk about bitchsmack. [:D]

aLpHaNuMe12iK
October 27, 2003, 2:34 am
minigun is devestation at close range... i learned that one up close and personal. by the time a shotgun can fire two shots, you're dead, (we're talking IN-YOUR-FACE ranges here).

and minigun is great is denying people from flying out with flag in maps like kampf. it's rather hilarical, watching a flagger desperatly try to jet out while a plethora of bullets keep smacking him down.

and then there's always the infamous "b2b flyby." ^_^

palloco
October 27, 2003, 8:25 am
Lenme learn how to use it.