( search forums )
Whats the use of the AK and other automatics?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
cat92
October 8, 2003, 2:40 am
Perhaps I just suck, but for the life of me I cant get any use out of them! I've spent too much time bouncing around with my ruger to have developed any skill when it comes to 'tracking' a target for any length of time. [:-weepn]

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 8, 2003, 3:09 am
I think the use of automatics are to kill the other person
-HK MP5 close range ownafe
-Ak-74 just owns in the right hands (heh nadj ;-))
-Steyr Aug Ppl prefer this sometimes and is a good gun as well.

giff
October 8, 2003, 3:17 am
Ak is awfully powerful. Steyr gives up some power and clip size for more accuracy and rate of fire. I love them both, but much prefer the AK, and it's one of my 'favorite' weapons.

However, the HK i find I end up using up an entire clip per kill, which gets tiresome.

cat92
October 8, 2003, 3:18 am
Well... Yes, I suppose the intention is to kill someone... But I seem to be having a little trouble with that part on account of my opponent shooting me in the head multiple times before my broken body flops to the ground.

So the MP5 is for close range? Hmm... How much damage does the AK do in comparison to the other weps? Anyone know?

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 8, 2003, 3:56 am
Look at the manual all the stats are there actually lemme get em now...

2. HK MP5

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 15.83
Bullet start power = 19
Bullets/Sec. = 10
Reloading = 1.75 sec.
Ammuniton = 30

3. AK-74

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 20
Bullet start power = 25.5
Bullets/Sec. = 6
Reloading = 2.5 sec.
Ammuniton = 40

4. Steyr AUG

Statistics:
Bullet start speed = 21.66
Bullet start power = 19
Bullets/Sec. = 9
Reloading = 2 sec.
Ammuniton = 30

There ya go.

AquaShyGuy
October 8, 2003, 3:59 am
HK is a lil weak though it needs to shoot faster or sumthin

cat92
October 8, 2003, 4:34 am
Its in the manual? Good lord almighty...

BAD KITTY! BAD!

*whack*

carbon kid
October 8, 2003, 5:46 am
ak is good 10 less bullets than the minimi, yet more accurate and more powerful

Duke33
October 8, 2003, 6:27 am
Yeah, Ive always thought of it this way--AK bit slower firing, bit more powerful and has larger clip. HK smaller clip, fast fire but not tons of damage per shot, and the AUG inbetween.

Autos are pretty hard in one way, ie, they dont kill in one hit like the M79 or the barret or in two like the ruger. However, they fire faster (alot, obviously) and if someone has less then full health, then an auto may be more effective than a one shot one kill weapon. In games, few people go around with full health. I know, for me, that i dread the SOCOM and the AUG (etc) more than i dread the barret. The barret and m79 are easy to dodge, and once they've missed, you have some breathing time. But with the autos, its pretty much non stop, and so therefore much harder to avoid.

tThats my take.

cat92
October 8, 2003, 7:18 am
OOOH! Thats why I can't get many kills with the things! I'm almost always at the head of the pack trying to pick off some folks for my team, but the autos are more like support weapons. Heh, I think I'l just stick to my ruger.

eyic
October 8, 2003, 8:31 am
dude Austo's pwn, everyone thinks the HK is WEAK, but trust me its not...
its one of the best wep if you know how to use it, take me as an example ^_^

SoldatStriker
October 8, 2003, 10:07 am
Headshots: it doesn't matter what weapon you use, if you can score headshots, your enemy is as good as dead. Proven fact.

Element_101
October 8, 2003, 2:12 pm
Headshots are not easy to get there rare as because the head is so small so I dont even bother

trying to go for a headshot not until I get more practice

ReDevil
October 8, 2003, 2:43 pm
every weapon of this have advantage, very good weapons but many people prefer 1 hit kills(barret and m79)

kkazican
October 8, 2003, 7:31 pm
I spit at m79 and barret. I prefer my good ole Steyr for the wonderful game of infiltration.

DeadKenny
October 8, 2003, 8:19 pm
i almost use the fullautomatics to blow the s*** out of enemy forces

Souza
October 8, 2003, 9:47 pm
styer is very cool. i sometimes do a major ownage with that weapon (just sometimes [;)]) navy is also great, if u know how to use it, as eyic said.

Guil
October 8, 2003, 10:47 pm
The best way to use automatic guns is to play with a team mate (real one not a fa*) who's playing with deagle or ruger. The guy with automatic do some damage on the player and the team mate need to shot once or twice with the DE to kill the player.

P.S. If you'Re a good player like me, you can kill anybody with mp5 without team mate help. :)))))

3rd_account
October 8, 2003, 11:29 pm
Steyr is my primary nowadays. Because of it's pin-point accuraty, anyone with a smooth handmotion can empty a clip upon a enemy one screen away and hit with all the shots.

cat92
October 9, 2003, 12:09 am
I'm very fond of headshots actually, I get them quite often, perhaps because I have a tendency to aim high. A ruger can act much like a rapid fire barret if you know how to use it.

AquaShyGuy
October 9, 2003, 12:19 am
i hope fn minimi (sp) gets upgraded... its so crappy :P

AerialAssault
October 9, 2003, 2:45 am
i cant get headshots cause all these cheaters with no heads makes it hard to aim for nothing

?
October 9, 2003, 2:32 pm
their not cheaters they jsut liek to look diferent

Spitzfiya
October 9, 2003, 3:00 pm
Yesterday I saw a headless soldat running around in a server.....wtf was that??? huh huh?

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 9, 2003, 3:27 pm
Bhahahahaha im Headless buahahaha lol... Look at me in my sig ohh no head but not a cheater.

?
October 9, 2003, 3:34 pm
its teh soldat skin changer duh =/

Spitzfiya
October 9, 2003, 5:24 pm
Thats cool!

Mr G
October 9, 2003, 11:27 pm
I respect much the auto's users, they are very annoying but very handy to theyr team

giff
October 10, 2003, 12:06 am
"headless" is only headless looking. They have see through heads, but the head is still there. It can be done with the color changer, thus only changing the color to see through. The head is still there. I think it looks goofy anyway though;)

Auto is a very good team weapon. If you dont even kill one person, you take away health, and I find it nice coming upon an enemy with half their health gone. Also a lot more fun in my opinion. Having a server of all auto users is probably 65x more fun than all barret users.

cat92
October 10, 2003, 4:58 am
*shudder*

I once happened upon a server like that... Boring as my English teacher when she has a hangover.

qazwertred
October 12, 2003, 11:01 pm
Ive heard that the autos will be better in 1.2.

btw I think headless people without hair or hat is cheating. They are harder to spot when they hide in bushes.

BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 11:50 pm
That's part of the reason why I do it >:)
But really, all you have to do is change the .ini file...