( search forums )
Pointmatch
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra
October 9, 2003, 4:56 pm
Pointmatch = deathmatch with a yellow flag. Flagholder gets double points per kill, and more for double/multi's etc..

Managed to sneak a few peeps into the <{WaS}> Soldat Server (Pointmatch) last night. It was a hoot! Makes for a very interesting twist from standard deathmatch.
Instead of combat being mostly scattered around the map it was mostly focused around the flagholder, much like rambomatch but without the near-instant dieing, struggling to pick up the bow with a dozen other weapons on the floor around it, and no "don't shoot me, shoot the guy with the bow" bollockry.

So...um...yeah. If you're longing for 1.2 of soldat, getting bored of CTF and run-of-the-mill DM, give pointmatch a try. Make's for a suprisingly refreshing change of pace.

BMF
October 9, 2003, 5:25 pm
chakra discovered a pointmatch lol. Yea its very good

fabmanx
October 9, 2003, 5:37 pm
I maybe would play if there were actual good servers for it!

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 9, 2003, 6:04 pm
I like point match quite a bit 'cept there never seems to be anyone or a bit of ppl if there is a server up.

n2j3
October 9, 2003, 6:13 pm
Great server indeed Chakra, it was a real blast trying to even touch the flag with il'nadj's AK on our backs. It's much better than standard dm and the overrated rambomatch... So sha'mone join us on irc and arrange some sessions :D

BManx2000
October 9, 2003, 7:45 pm
Perhaps I should alternate my rambo server with pointmatch on every other day?

CardBoardWarrior
October 9, 2003, 8:16 pm
yeah bmanx that would pwn :p
and pointmatch is my second favorite game mode.

BMF
October 9, 2003, 9:46 pm
No, BMANX!! I love your Rambo server man! Leave it!!!

sauron_the_deceiver
October 9, 2003, 10:12 pm
I used to prefer Rambomatch, but then Meandor mentioned Pointmatch, which I had NEVER ACTUALLY PLAYED BEFORE (in a year of playing soldat, I hadn't had a proper game). I found it is SO F-ING FUN! Pointmatch is the best!

If there is a big interest in the mode, maybe I'll run a server while I'm in school.