( search forums )
a couple of suggestions for Rambo Mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
BMF
October 9, 2003, 6:38 pm
Rambo mode rocks, straight up. I have these suggestions which i think are very good.

Add points for killing the Rambo.
Very often i kill the Rambo, but i am not able to get to the bow. Basically the credits for killing goes to me, but in the ruble somebody else grabs the flag. I think it would be a good idea to give points to people who kill Rambo.
Also in a Rambo match, there are usually 2-3 people who actually score any points, the others have zeros. It is frustrating for new players. But this way they at least get something if they shoot down the Rambo.

Substract points for killing others
Substract a point for killing non-Rambo players. That would stop people from disrupting the game by randomly shooting others. Also it would make you think twice before killing 3 people in order to get to the flag.

BManx2000
October 9, 2003, 7:48 pm
I dunno about the point-subtract thing. I mean, if the bow is on the ground, you often have to kill the other people to keep them from getting to it first.

Dragon88
October 9, 2003, 8:04 pm
How about, if u kill others when the bow is currently possesed by someone else, u lose a point.

BMF
October 9, 2003, 9:40 pm
Yeah, thats even better!

swanofnever
October 9, 2003, 9:46 pm
those two ideas (points for killing rambo and penalty for killing non-rambo if the bow's in use) are _AMAZING_.

rambomatch used ot be my favorite but now there just aren't any good servs (plus the games are always ruined by people who just don't get it..)

raigan

swanofnever
October 9, 2003, 9:48 pm
sorry, this just reminded me -- in ctf/inf returning the flag should perhaps also result in points (not as many as a cap, but maybe 2-5).

cause.. you know those b2b games where there's a 10min stalemate. the dude who ended the standoff deserves SOMEthing ;)

raigan

TIR_Blade
October 9, 2003, 10:16 pm
but then n00bs would just keep shooting flag off and returning it, unless u think of a way.

sauron_the_deceiver
October 9, 2003, 10:20 pm
The flag idea has been discussed before, and we decided then that you should get points for killing enemy flag carriers. Otherwise people could shoot the flag away and return it constantly.

On topic: Great ideas, hope they get implemented!

CardBoardWarrior
October 10, 2003, 12:10 am
Yes all very good ideas IMO. No doubt they should be inplemented.

NightCabbage
October 10, 2003, 1:59 am
oky, here's how it should work ^^

If someone kills Rambo, they get 1 point.

If someone kills a non-Rambo player and someone is Rambo, they lose 1 point.

If someone kills a non-Rambo player and no-one has the bow, nothing happens (except the person that got shot dies :P)

ReDevil
October 10, 2003, 2:15 am
lol great idea =P

BMF
October 10, 2003, 3:28 am
NC summed it up for us

Dark_Noddy
October 10, 2003, 11:15 am
Indeed ! This Would Make A rambo Arena a so much better place to be :D

Weed
October 10, 2003, 11:19 am
wowowo really good idea BMF, Amazing

Hercule Poirot
October 10, 2003, 11:51 am
gr8 idea especially substract points for killing others than rambo

eyic
October 10, 2003, 11:55 am
im 100% with this :)

qazwertred
October 10, 2003, 2:20 pm
me 2.

I really hate all these noobs that kills everything but Rambo.

kkazican
October 10, 2003, 10:43 pm
I was playing a game and two jerks teamed up against me and only me! I whooped their asses though. Im 100% with 3 strike idea.

?
October 10, 2003, 11:09 pm
eh too bad i don't really play rambomtaches =/

ReDevil
October 10, 2003, 11:14 pm
whats the point? its playless the Rambomatch
if you want to make it famous a lil' make a Rambo tournament

NightCabbage
October 11, 2003, 3:06 am
Alright, then let's implement it ^^

ReDevil
October 11, 2003, 3:10 am
maybe the tournament witch each country got representor, and this will be world rambo competition, this can be cool, think about it :P

BMF
October 11, 2003, 8:04 am
yay NC

EDIT do i kick ass or what?

Darac
October 11, 2003, 1:56 pm
i dont mind the rambo match ideas... as long as theres the option for the normal way as well

Mini Man
October 11, 2003, 2:32 pm
i love to play rambomatches but there arent any good servers i thnik u should get newbe severs aswell & a nice idea about points there BMF![:-idea] (cant wait until soldat 1.2)

NightCabbage
October 12, 2003, 3:13 am
Yup, 1.2 will have the updated rambomatch in it ^_^

Rambo kills someone = +1 pt
non-Rambo kills Rambo = +1 pt
non-Rambo kills non-Rambo while someone has the bow = -1 pt
non-Rambo kills non-Rambo while no-one has the bow = nothing

It is done ;)