( search forums )
Alrighty! One slightly more refined idea for you:
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
cat92
October 10, 2003, 12:27 am
Zombie bots

Lots of people play with a version of these things in single player, why not make them a game feature? Good for target practise and comic relief on and offline.

I'm talking about actual ZOMBIE bots- regenerating health and killer hand to hand attacks (no weapon) and all that good stuff. You could have them fast to annoy campers, or slow to appease them.

An option to be a zombie ingame would also be amusing.

Optional Stationary guns
<scratched on account of this already being implemented>

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 10, 2003, 12:32 am
1st of all why slower zombies it would be good if they annoyed snipers ^_^

2nd that optional sg already is in the next version

JayBDey
October 10, 2003, 1:12 am
You can already turn off SGs, but why would you want to?

NightCabbage
October 10, 2003, 1:57 am
Yup

Even in 1.1.5 you can disable SGs.

And Zombie bots can be used in multiplayer, I have played on someone's server (eyic) with them before.

So all of your suggestions already exist ^_^

ReDevil
October 10, 2003, 2:16 am
so what about locking this topic? --.--

BMF
October 10, 2003, 3:26 am
what about banning cat92?

Duke33
October 10, 2003, 3:46 am
Okay. What he means by zombies is ACTUAL zombie bots. Not normal bots with green skin that say 'MAAAAAAAAAAAAA MEAETTTTTTT' but an actual zombie. Slower, regen health, better hand to hand damage, etc. So, i like it.

As for 2, well, apparently it isnt needed.

BMF--I hope that you're joking.

cat92
October 10, 2003, 5:03 am
Oh, I wasn't aware that stat guns were optional... I simply assumed that they weren't, what with all the people complaining about them... (Sheesh, if you dont like the hosts settings, host your own game!) I can imagine that the tag "No SGs" in the server name would bring flocks of interested people.

BMF isn't a very easy going person is he?

Spitzfiya
October 10, 2003, 5:06 am
^no.

cat92
October 10, 2003, 5:09 am
Thought not... Anyway, I've changed my post a bit to make things clearer.

NightCabbage
October 10, 2003, 8:20 am
That's cool :)

oky, well zombie bots might be fun :) Especially in some sort of co-operative mode...
hmmmm

eyic
October 10, 2003, 9:05 am
yes, i've been working on a map, that u'll be able to play co-operativly with friends, basically all people fightign the bots will be on the red team, and they have to work their way slowly, to the end fo the level, were they'll encounter zombie bots, and the bots have waypoints so the ystay were they are until the humans come, the game hass to be set on survival, and the game mode would be team match, i might finish the map some day, and host it in my server

cat92
October 10, 2003, 9:33 am
I WANT YOUR BABY!

Sorry, it had to be said. Kudos to ya whether you finish it or not!

sauron_the_deceiver
October 10, 2003, 11:08 am
The Zombie bot idea would be cool. I'd like if Soldat came with them, but when you selected random bots, you wouldn't get a team full of zombies >(.

Maybe an option alongside the realistic and survival checkboxes, with a dial for how many enemies.

cat92
October 10, 2003, 2:22 pm
Yeah, that would work...

Spitzfiya
October 10, 2003, 3:26 pm
I really like the idea.....Id love to snipe some slow moving targets....It would also rule if the zombies had thier own sounds...like "BRRRAiiinnSSS!!" or "UHG" or "Grrr"

Hitman
October 10, 2003, 3:48 pm
Hey Duke33, your pic under your name looks like a guy at my school...

Anyway back to the topic, that map sounds cool Eyic!

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 10, 2003, 4:08 pm
Heh I'd knife em all they can't regenerate from that lol. Could be fun now that It's been explained better ^_^.

HC_ScubaSteve
October 11, 2003, 2:56 am
if u would be able to play as a zombie which would be cool, they would have to be very very strong to make up for speed and not only regen health, but LOTS of health in the first place. limbs could get shot off and maybe they move around a bit before collapsing. hey, this might be going a little over the top, but while were at it, y not more types of players u can play as? Soldat, Zombie, Ninja, Alien, Terminator? well, terms would be a bit too hard to kill... but ya i think it would put a pretty nice spice on the game. what do u guys think?