( search forums )
AntHell ctf map w/bot support
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Abortion
November 16, 2002, 6:27 am
It's an anthill. Bots go good. Get flag. Score. Muddy ground has unseen pathways. For full mud effect, copy in the sfx files here. Now some screenies.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] AntHellScreeny1.JPG63.53 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] AntHellScreeny2.JPG59.95 KB

On to the stinking files

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] AntHell.zip50.56 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] AnthillTexture.zip63.37 KB

Does anyone actually d/l or play any of the maps I manifest?

Word out
Aborto~

Apro
November 16, 2002, 2:45 pm

Oh the wasted opportunities [:-weepn]... First of all: capture the flag map with uncovered edges of the map? That means that if someone carrying the flag jumps off the map, that person's team gets a capture. Secondly, at least I don't like to change the scenery graphics. Stars look cool on the pictures, but if you play without installing the scenery graphics, there are a lot of boxes falling from the sky (which didn't look that annoying after you got used to it). The third thing is that some edges of the polygons let you walk below the ground and get stuck. Finally the bots: they actually work (at least somehow), but could use more different path ways. Now they just drop down and try to get to the enemy flag walking the same narrow tunnels every time. Keep on working and don't hate me because I sent you feedback [:D]... Or should I be [:-taped]? This map has potential so just polish it more...

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
November 16, 2002, 4:56 pm
I have to agree with apro

Abortion
November 16, 2002, 9:56 pm
Thanks for the comments. This map was more of an idea, so I pretty much threw it together.. Bots won't fly off edge to capture, and the people you play w/ shouldnt either ... but could be boxed in. Change the scenery to get rid of boxes, thats why it's there. The bot support I could have spent more time on, but I wasn't really into this map too much to bother. Nonetheless I thought I'd post it. Rework it if you think it could be fab. Thsnks again.

"(Insert witty remark here)"