( search forums )
Replacing Chainsaw with Molotov Cocktails
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
CbbLe
October 11, 2003, 3:39 pm
Well, A very long time ago I suggested that you should add molotov cocktails into the game...after that alot of ppl has repeated interest in these type of weapon.

My suggestion now is to replace the chainsaw (which nobody ever use anyway) and bring in the molotov cocktails.

Owki then, about the molotov cocktails they should deal more damage than a grenade but it would be slower throwspeed at it..you'll see I want it to be slow in the air but when it lands it should explode and fire keeps on burning on the ground for a little while.

When u choose these as secondarys you should get 1-3 of them.

Anyway I haven't thought about the exact damage and stuff like that but Im sure some other ppl can improve my suggestion.[^]

Chakra
October 11, 2003, 3:57 pm
In deathmatch this would indeed be kinky, but what about team games? Supposing they wouldn't harm friendly players, team mates would have to avoid rivers of fire not knowing who threw them.....unless the flames themselves were coloured in the team's colours.

Otherwise, I think a person should only have 1-2 of 'em, so as not to promote overuse.

Would probably make a better powerup though, meaning the chainsaw could be replaced by a set of PLIERS that you could grab an opponent's nuts with, only then to swing them around and out of the map.

..was just a thought..

ReDevil
October 11, 2003, 4:03 pm
what about putting nades? :P
nice idea but i am not sure it will work

BeTeL
October 11, 2003, 5:29 pm
why dont make the flamer make fire on ground then to? it whould higher the usage of flamer if u can leave a track of fire after you...

what about making molotovs a usual gun like m79? it whould look like u throw it, shorter of course, one nade per mag and a 7-10 sec loadup

3rd_account
October 11, 2003, 5:48 pm
Great idea, I've also posted Molotovs like 5 times in the big gun-thread.

But why should we have to replace the chainsaw? Why not have'em both?
Ah and I think it would be better if you only had 1 molotov, then maby 80% of a LAW's reloadtime to make a new batch. Also it should be instant death if you hit a soldier with one of these.

peemonkey
October 11, 2003, 6:31 pm
but the fire afterwards should prolly be powered down because if you thrown one on youre flag and it kills the other team instantly, then it would be too powerful. they should also be defective in some way. like they can be shot, or they dont always expolode, so someone else could pick em up. good times....

Mechanoid
October 12, 2003, 1:25 am
powerup that changes nades to moltov cockales, as i see it.

Besides, chainsaws = pwnage against zombie bots[:-devil]

Bugs Revenge
October 12, 2003, 11:04 pm
Nice idea, but it reminds me some sad things in our country :(

NightCabbage
October 13, 2003, 4:42 am
as opposed to guns, knives, and chainsaws, which remind you of happier times :P

Gaah
October 13, 2003, 11:44 am
how bout chem grenades? spills bright green stuff around the explosion area, nice and radioactive/athrax infected. a package from saddam....

SuperKill
October 13, 2003, 12:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Bugs Revenge

àó ôòí ìà äéä á÷áå÷ úáòøä áéùøàì

[EDIT]
.....stupid bug (not you)
àó ôòí ìà äéä á÷áå÷ úáòøä áéùøàì = af paam lo haya bakbuk tavera ba arets

3rd_account
October 13, 2003, 3:00 pm
That don't look like english to me.

Essentle
October 13, 2003, 3:31 pm
That's a good idea! [:P]

wormdundee
October 13, 2003, 3:58 pm
dude SK, i completely agree with you! o...wait

Mr G
October 13, 2003, 11:50 pm
anything(well, not anything) that replaces chainsaw is a good thing

ReDevil
October 14, 2003, 12:01 am
rofl sk you forgot me? and the poor cats? how dare u?

doffencom
October 14, 2003, 6:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by CbbLe

My suggestion now is to replace the chainsaw (which nobody ever use anyway) and bring in the molotov cocktails.

HEY! HOW RUDE! I use the ChainZaw all the time, its fun to kill people with it becouse if you kill them with it you are much more supirior than them. Like s[:-censored] heads that lie there all the time with barret, and then you sneak up from behind and CHAIN THEIR HEAD OFF!
Or as the cannon noobs do, they aim at the end of the screen so they don't see behind them. Same go's as you sneak up behind them and CHAIN THEIR HEAD OFF. Or you just sprint along on b2b and all of a sudden some guy see you a bit to late and you CHAIN HIS HEAD OFF. And if you are fighting some kid who has lost his gun, wait untill he is out of jet and lands and then you CHAIN HIS HEAD OFF. Also you can just have fun and try to use it when they are armed with some real guns and just show them that your dogde skills are 1337!

ZeRo222
October 14, 2003, 7:25 pm
aaah shut up...chainsaw suck!

doffencom
October 14, 2003, 8:49 pm
Yes it might be so, but its kewl to pwn wiv it =D

AquaShyGuy
October 15, 2003, 12:08 am
Chainsaw doesn't suck that much, i'm better wit chainsaw than wit the knife (even if i throw it maybe i just suck).

ReDevil
October 15, 2003, 12:33 am
nobody uses chainsaw it will be good if it will be replaced by something.

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 15, 2003, 12:38 am
How can u be better with saw than knife anyway *screams out and says* KNIFE OWNS SAW!!!! lol

Bugs Revenge
October 15, 2003, 3:13 am
The Knife is better from the chainsaw..!
the chainsaw is absolutly useless..
1 player or 2 from 200 ppl.... :P

Deleted User
October 15, 2003, 3:32 am
Thats a sick idea
the chainsaw blows and there is no long buring thing in the game

i definitly agree

NuZZ
October 15, 2003, 8:10 am
Do NOT!!!!!! <---- RE AD! <---- Read
do not EVER suggest removin ga weapone, only adding weapones, ALLRIGHT!!

BeTeL
October 15, 2003, 12:51 pm
agree with nuzz... there is no numbers on the secondarys... you should have many of those to

or...

you could have a third passive thing like, body armour(guess),portable health kit(200% health at start),targeting sensors (no just kidding), but a third thing thats not used like a weap but as sumthing just there passive

AquaShyGuy
October 16, 2003, 3:07 am
The knife is better than the chainsaw, i can admit that.

that fuking sniper
October 16, 2003, 6:55 am
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
quote:Originally posted by Bugs Revenge

àó ôòí ìà äéä á÷áå÷ úáòøä áéùøàì

[EDIT]
.....stupid bug (not you)
àó ôòí ìà äéä á÷áå÷ úáòøä áéùøàì = af paam lo haya bakbuk tavera ba arets

Ken, rak anshe tavera :P