( search forums )
Bodies lasting the entire round
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MeshBlorg
October 11, 2003, 8:16 pm
This sounds kinda morbid but hey Soldats a gory game.

I want there to be an option for 1p mode and personal servers that you can have the bodies not disappear when you respawn. I want them to stay scattered around the map until either team wins or the time runs out. The bodies should also act slightly like coliders in that you could hide behind a mound of dead bodies like a bunker. Of course the bunker could be blown away much like bodies today can be blown away.

It would make a big difference to me if this was added in so that I can see the map littered with heads there, legs there, gory mess over there.

Please Michal! add this in for me![:D]

3rd_account
October 11, 2003, 8:43 pm
There were a BIG thread on this before. But since 100+ bodies would lag like [:-censored] they came up with a solution.. i think :/

Search it up!

b00stA
October 11, 2003, 8:55 pm
Well.. it has to be a client-side option in my opinion. If your computer is too slow (well.. I can't even imagine that these bodies would lag :P) then you just turn it off.
Even if it wouldn't lag at all, I would turn it off because I still want to know when/if the opponent respawns!

NightCabbage
October 12, 2003, 3:21 am
Information about the body parts needs to be sent to everyone. eg. If someone shoots a body, and the pieces go everywhere, then the information on where those pieces are needs to be sent around.

Plus, as it is, it would suck for normal gameplay.

And the code as it stands does not support it. At the moment the bodies are running on the same body as the alive Soldat. So it would have to duplicate someone whenever they spawned.

Imagine, a pile of bodies 3 feet high. Someone shoots it with an m79. Everyone gets connection problems for the next 10 seconds :P

SERIAL KILLeR
October 12, 2003, 3:30 am
Lol ppl could camp with a barret in other ppl bodies.

BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 4:19 am
And there would be so many bodies, the ground would be totally covered :/

NuZZ
October 12, 2003, 5:37 am
F U N!! it not comin out with 1.2... im pretty sure of than, i have 1.2b tho... theres still maybe 1 more version left.....
I DOUBT IT!

tbfg
October 13, 2003, 9:05 pm
I think it would be nice if like 5 bodies styed or something...

TRA Sniper King
October 13, 2003, 9:53 pm
Would be cool, but we don't need more lag! [:D]

muzzmastah
October 13, 2003, 10:10 pm
that would be REALLY funny (anybody here played liero?), but it would cause WAY too much lag. Not worth it.

KAMIKAZE VIKING
October 13, 2003, 10:21 pm
hmm that would be cool...

CardBoardWarrior
October 14, 2003, 8:06 pm
Hah definitly worth it, and this was my idea damnit i was about to post in like 2 minutes after i read active topics....

Mr G
October 14, 2003, 9:03 pm
i prefer less-lag over "funny" crap

Deleted User
October 15, 2003, 3:53 am
not cool

-in huge games there would be too many bodies
-it would be cheap cuz u could crawl though the bodies without being seen
-grenades would be useless...neveer being able to roll along the body covered groung

Aquarius
October 15, 2003, 8:24 am
I dont like this idea.

I believe that bodies disappear when killed player spawns - this is very important information for me when I play.

CardBoardWarrior
October 17, 2003, 8:07 pm
Yeha well i think it would own! If there was only a way not to make it lag...

g_omega
October 18, 2003, 1:47 am
Yeah but i mean it would get ridiclous, esp if a body dosen't gib, in which case people could spend alot of their time shooting corpses.

fUnKy_cHiCkEn_01
October 18, 2003, 2:07 am
yeah, corpses get in the way anyway. Ther'd b too much and it would just get relly annoying.