( search forums )
New Soldat Movie (Link now working)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Hitman
October 11, 2003, 11:52 pm
I made this quick movie, and I thought you might want to see it. I used Fraps to record soldat but it really slowed the game down when I played it so I don't think the quality is the best. Oh, and don't watch it in full screen cause in some parts it messes up when in full screen. I think that you have to have the new version of Windows Media Player (version 9).

Here is the movie: http://e.1asphost.com/Constantin/

A BIG thanks to b00stA, the guy's a Genius! He helped me fix the link.

Comments essential, I WANT to know what you think!

?
October 12, 2003, 12:00 am
pretty good man

Hitman
October 12, 2003, 12:06 am
Thanks

b00stA
October 12, 2003, 12:51 am
Hehe, lots of LAW splatter :)

I had to convert the WMV file to AVI (used DivX codec) first because some WMV files don't play fluently on my computer.
How did you make that last animation? C TV production? Huh?

?
October 12, 2003, 1:04 am
yeah i wanted to know that also

Hitman
October 12, 2003, 1:26 am
Oh yeah, do you like it?

I used paint...every new letter is a new paint pic and then I put the old age effect on it and a video strip effect in the background. I used Windows Media Maker. I do quite a bit of video editing, so far I have only used Windoes Media Maker but i am soon getting the apple 17in powerbook with Final Cut Pro (now thats video editing) and a digital camera cause I need to practice filming and editing, cause I am going to film school to become a director! [:D]

Anyway, yeah I used paint. Pretty simple but I think it looks cool...

Mechanoid
October 12, 2003, 1:29 am
it isn't working... even if i right-click and save as.[:-cry]

?
October 12, 2003, 1:40 am
i jsut dbl click the link and it worked for me

wormdundee
October 12, 2003, 2:04 am
yeh, if i click on it then it just goes to a thing that says "hotlinking is not allowed" and even if i do the right click thing it just saves it as a html file that links to, guess what, a page that says "hotlinking is not allowed"

BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 2:21 am
strange... it USED to work...

SERIAL KILLeR
October 12, 2003, 2:48 am
It worked for me to but not anymore i think hitman will have to find a host again.

Hitman
October 12, 2003, 10:53 am
Yeah I just tried it and it doesn't work. Strange, I'll see if i can fix it.

*Edit*

It works now!

BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 3:37 pm
I see you used the same method I did. Fool those, uhh, fools into thinking you're running a website! :)

Mini Man
October 12, 2003, 3:38 pm
takes quite a while 2 load hope its worth it!

Hitman
October 12, 2003, 3:43 pm
Well altought its not my best, I think you will like it.

Zingo
October 12, 2003, 4:17 pm
I cannot see it :/

Hitman
October 12, 2003, 4:35 pm
Can you just hear the sound in the background and no pic. If so its because you don't have the new version of Windows Media Player, Also you might have to download DivX and the codecs.

BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 5:08 pm
Why would you need divx for a Windows Media file?

Hitman
October 12, 2003, 9:00 pm
Cause I think that codecs come with Divx that Windows Media Player might need to play the file? I don't know! Don't ask me about stuff concerning computers

BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 10:02 pm
I'm pretty sure you don't need DivX to play a Windows Media file, considering that it's an entire different file format. (not an AVI). Most likely he needs the latest Windows Media Player 9.

Essentle
October 12, 2003, 10:12 pm
The link doesn't work... [:-weepn]

Bugs Revenge
October 13, 2003, 12:41 am
well the link indeed doesnt work

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 13, 2003, 1:08 am
Yeah never worked for me pretty annoying :/

-edit
now that he out the page up its fine now.

BManx2000
October 13, 2003, 1:44 am
It worked for a while, stopped working, got fixed, and now it's not working again :/

redscitle
October 13, 2003, 2:44 am
Hey man, you need to create a web page and have the link to the video on that. cuz i think the error message we'ere getting is saying that the web host doesn't allow outside users to directly download sumthing, meaning you have to be at a web page in their domain then click the download. Angelfire is like this, except they say, no outside linking allowed or something like that.

BManx2000
October 13, 2003, 4:35 am
Aaaaand it works again, wierd.

Hitman
October 13, 2003, 10:46 am
[:-censored]!!! I have now idea why it does not work. As I said, nothing ever works for me which concerns a computer!

b00stA
October 13, 2003, 3:54 pm
Ask the guys from www.Selfkill.com because once the movie is up there it won't go down again :)

I think KamikazeNinja's Knifing movie is hosted there too so you could ask him how he did it.

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 13, 2003, 11:36 pm
LOL b00stA you redirect these ppl to ask about how to get it up on selfkill when you have THREE Movies up there already ROFL.

Hitman
October 14, 2003, 8:55 am
Well...how did you do it?

nSane
October 14, 2003, 8:59 am
the link to the movie aint workin no more..dunno if thats already
been posted but hey! Just informing

b00stA
October 14, 2003, 7:58 pm
Hehe KamikazeNinja.. I can't do everything, can I? :)

Usually I just contact r0adkill (one of the admin) via IRC and DCC send it to him.
Hitman, just email him and ask how to upload it..

LiL_FuKa
October 14, 2003, 9:11 pm
Well it's workin for me I think, but at this rate i'll have an hour waiting for it to buffer..

g_omega
October 16, 2003, 6:01 am
That was pretty good i would give it a 4.

Hitman
October 16, 2003, 9:12 am
4 out of what?

I just tried the link and it works now. To download it you have to select Save Target As on the 'My Soldat Movie' link. Very Strange!

quote:the link to the movie aint workin no more..dunno if thats already
been posted but hey! Just informingThats what we have been talking about in the last page of posts! Scroll up, Boy!!

YaZ
October 16, 2003, 10:02 am
Its not workin'. [xx(]

Hitman
October 16, 2003, 12:21 pm
Yeah I know, I just tried it again! I don't know whats wrong with it, sometimes it works, somtimes it doesn't!

I have already sent a message to the people on Selfkill so I hope that they answer soon.

DeafBox
October 16, 2003, 3:12 pm
I managed to get it. U should of chosen different music, very unoriginal. Besides that not bad. U sure have perfected the cheap law :P

Hitman
October 16, 2003, 4:03 pm
The reason I chose that kind of music was to make it look dramatic! Originaly I was going to use Prodigy's 'Smack my Bitch up', but as you can see, I didn't. I might make another one with different music. When you say I should have perfected the cheap law what do you mean? The reason there are alot of clips of me killing with the law is cause I wanted to have explosions, to go with the music. And in case you haven't noticed the killings and explosions go with the 'beat' of the music!

Zingo
October 16, 2003, 4:09 pm
The link doesnt work to me?

Hitman
October 16, 2003, 4:11 pm
I know, the link has stopped working...AGAIN!

redscitle
October 23, 2003, 4:23 am
So, as of 10/22, it is still broken. I want to watch so ill be checking in, and this post is mostly for myself to see if, um, u get the picture.
Cant wait

Hitman
October 23, 2003, 3:28 pm
Yes I know, the Link still does not work. I have tried to contact the people at Selfkill, but they have not replyed!

MeshBlorg
October 24, 2003, 6:56 am
ONly thing that sucks is the quality.

What I would find better is a ctf match. Have like ctf_B2B(whats it stand for anyways) with two armies on both sides with lots of men. They run to the center with the view switching tfrom side to side. Then having the view positioned in teh center with slow motion and zooming on some soldats exploding and being torn apart.

And at the very end there would be like this one lone soldat all beaten up with min health.

And then he'll do the alt+4 command over the piles of dead bodies(set respawn to very high so that the bodies stay).

I would appreciate it if you adobt my idea.

thankyou

Hitman
October 24, 2003, 10:53 am
Um, I don't want to sound like 'I thought of that idea before you' but...I have already made part of a new movie which goes like that. I used the map cft_viet, and the music from Muse (I can't remember the name of the song but I will post it when I think of it). All I got to do now is find a good way to end it...And a host that actually works!!

MgFalcon
October 24, 2003, 8:42 pm
arg it takes so long to download it into windows mediaplayer!!! (mostly the buffering)

Hitman
October 24, 2003, 9:39 pm
Ok, I think that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't! When you click the link in the Topic, and the 'My Soldat Movie' link comes up, right click and select 'Save Target As'. That way you don't have to wait for it to buffer, it downloads the whole movie.

MgFalcon
October 24, 2003, 10:38 pm
ty, and next movie make it so that you have a plot so it's like "we have to kill this army cause they'll invade the usa unless we stop em"?

Hitman
October 25, 2003, 3:13 pm
Uh, no. I think that would just make it stupid...(but thanks anyway)

Agent 007
October 25, 2003, 8:59 pm
Hey,hitman,thanks for the movie,will be more movies avilable?

Spazie
October 25, 2003, 9:34 pm
U know....
I spent like 45 min to download it, SO IT BETTER BE GOOD! :D
Well see...