( search forums )
Teh other new soldat movie
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 3:19 am
Here is a movie I made a while ago, which I could not upload because of size. But now I can using this ASP host thing. I have devised a clever strategy to make sure my file does not meet the same fate as hitman's. This link is to the actual page, which has the link to the movie. (right click on it, save target as). The quality is not so good, since I previously encoded it with DivX and did not save the original file. But at 3.7 FREEEAKING MEGABYTES, I don't think there's much reason to complain... I was like, OMGOMG, 3.7??!? WTF?? HOW WTFUXXORS? Actually, the file is small enough to put on geocities, so I have a plan B if this fails. :)

http://a.1asphost.com/BManx2000/

wormdundee
October 12, 2003, 3:52 am
hey not bad, i have to say the quality is quite horrible, but at least i could make stuff out, and the music was kinda repetitive although it did fit well

so altogether a pretty nice mov

BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 4:11 am
Thanks. Look forward to a new, non-divx'd movie some time in the future!

RDrull
October 12, 2003, 4:52 am
BManx2000 I cant dl your movie it sas the connection whit the server cannot be astableshet

BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 5:02 am
That's funny, it works for me, even after deleting temporary internet files... Perhaps the host went down for a bit? Try again.
This seems unlikely, but make sure you're clicking on the link on the web page, not the link I posted here.

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 12, 2003, 5:56 am
Works fine with me lol "Don't Attack an angry horde of Ninjas" yep that's right I agree with worm with the 2 pts altho it's still executed well.

fabmanx
October 12, 2003, 6:48 am
Yea that quality was well UGH, great concept...Music fitted in well...gj on ur vid i enjoyed it :)

palloco
October 12, 2003, 8:59 am
Lol, as Kami said "Don't Attack an angry horde of Ninjas", funny. I liked it, good music.

NightCabbage
October 12, 2003, 9:26 am
lol, not bad :P

But you need a few tips on how to use divx ;)

juice _ box
October 12, 2003, 9:32 am
nice movie :)

ReDevil
October 12, 2003, 10:28 am
now the wholr world will use asp host cool :P
btw awsome movie but the quality is pretty low

b00stA
October 12, 2003, 2:28 pm
The ninja horde was great :)
..lalala nice polygons.. AHHH NINJAS! RUN!

About the codec.. Look forward to a new, non-divx'd movie some time in the future!
I can't really look forward to that because no matter what you will use, it'll suck :P (except XviD (argh don't take it too serious. I don't like WMV because it sucks on slower computers and MPEG.. just use DivX instead).
Best thing to do is: Export your movie in a uncompressed format (both video and audio (PCM)) and then use VirtualDub to export the uncompressed movie with DivX 5.0.5 + any MP3 codec (Radium for example).
If your frame rate is 20fps or something use ~700-1100kb/s in the DivX config dialog. It really looks good and is a small file size (go play with the settings for best results :P)
Audio.. MP3 with 128kb/s is good enough.

BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 5:12 pm
Well b00sta, I made a test movie and I saved it as divx with the settings you suggested, and with windows media. The windows media one was much smaller, so I think I'll stick with that. (Besides, should people with slower computers really be downloading large movies?)

b00stA
October 12, 2003, 6:29 pm
I wonder.. why can high-quality DVD-rips in DivX format be played easily with 400mhz?

Do whatever you want, but I HATE it when I have to convert the WMV to another format.
I can imagine there are some people on the forums that don't know how to do that and then they just can't watch your movie. DivX -> small file size with good quality and it doesn't require so damn much CPU usage.

BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 7:35 pm
Tell you what b00sta, I'll make a WMV one for people who prefer small file sizes and a DivX one for you :) then we can all be happy ;)

Sekushi
October 12, 2003, 10:43 pm
Screw the people with 10gb hard drives. Just make a DivX one. :D

0wnage movie, music tied in well. Just that the quality low. :\

Mechanoid
October 13, 2003, 2:44 am
hahaha. good 1.

might want to work on the quality for any later movies, though.