( search forums )
Laser Sight ( read before u judge me)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
LiL_FuKa
October 12, 2003, 6:55 pm
I know that this has already been posted recently by sobchan and a number of others. But I'm not just talking about a red sniper line. What if when your target is pointed at someone they see a red dot on their shirts?

Not only would it be realistic, but it would give people a better chance against campers, and give us a better idea where the bullet came from.

I thought about what if the player's shirt is red...Well in that case, uhh the dot automatically changes to a slightely different shade of red (brighter or darker) [^]

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 12, 2003, 7:07 pm
This too has been posted and ppl pretty much said it's pointless because by the time the red dot gets noticed they're dead so that's what happened to the last one like this.

Dark_Noddy
October 12, 2003, 7:13 pm
I still dont Like This Idea... :D

bLaStEr
October 12, 2003, 7:16 pm
Lol, I never use sniper line anyhow :P
*I disagree with this*

RDrull
October 12, 2003, 7:44 pm
I like it. Becouse not evreyone shoot when they gust see you. It would also be so muche fun.

BManx2000
October 12, 2003, 7:55 pm
But if you're farther away than one screen from the sniper, the dot will be useless because you have to account for bullet drop by aiming above the soldat, so the dot wouldn't even appear.

Bugs Revenge
October 12, 2003, 10:59 pm
I'd like this idea

nice :P

CardBoardWarrior
October 12, 2003, 11:24 pm
I think it would be an OK idea. Why not implement it? It's taking so long to get the new version out, it better OWN.

juice _ box
October 13, 2003, 3:33 am
this should work for now. '_-;

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] sight.bmp1.21 KB

put this in interface folder :O

NightCabbage
October 13, 2003, 4:40 am
lol - too many issues :P

And with bullet-drop due to gravity, it would be pointless :)

I think it should just stay as it is :))

DeafBox
October 13, 2003, 8:59 am
Wow a red line.... wooooohooooooo.....

3rd_account
October 13, 2003, 2:56 pm
That's not the line were talking about juicy.

I think it would be cool. Then I could feel like "Lasermannen", their victims got shot when they noticed the red dot on their shirts.

NightCabbage
October 14, 2003, 12:25 am
It's a cool idea, but it really wouldn't work.

The actual guys are only a few pixels high :)

And a little red dot won't really be too noticable...

And then where would the dot go?

In a straight line? Which is pointless coz of gravity ^_^

juice _ box
October 14, 2003, 3:09 am
that was a substitute for an idea that will never get implemented

LiL_FuKa
October 14, 2003, 4:17 pm
juice_box- I already made my sniper line red.. That's not the point of this topic.

NightCabbage- Gravity? What do you think happens in real life? After you kill the poor [:-censored] he drops to the ground and the laser stops at the next object. Think about it, if he was close to a wall, the laser dot would appear on a wall, that lets his team mates know where the shot came from.

Why not implement it?

Mr G
October 14, 2003, 11:48 pm
waste of time programming that?

ZeRo222
October 14, 2003, 11:53 pm
Me like lasers!
Me want lasers!
Me eat lasers!
Me be going now!
Me say bye!

?
October 14, 2003, 11:54 pm
yeah this idea sucks =/

NightCabbage
October 16, 2003, 1:45 am
fuka - Gravity causes the bullets to drop

ALl the sniper dot would do is let people know there is a sniper there. Which they would guess from their dead friend ^_^

You can't use it to tell where the sniper is or anything.

And because of bullet drop due to gravity, you might see a little dot about half a screen above your head, and then get shot anyway. The dot points at where the gun is pointing. The bullet does not follow that same path, it drops.

Sure, you would see a little red dot on the wall... but I don't see the point in that :P

lol, and if you saw a little red dot on your head, you wouldn't care, coz you would know that the bullet would land at your feet ^_^

Hiroshto
October 16, 2003, 5:01 am
That's good, the USSOCOM & Barret should have a laser sight that both inaccurate & gives away your position. that'll make tha barret fair.

fUnKy_cHiCkEn_01
October 16, 2003, 7:28 am
nah, laser suks
snipers die anyway, odds are against them , why make it harder?
Anyway, how could a little red dot tell where a sniper is?
You need a line to show that!

LumpyFerret
October 16, 2003, 7:40 am
isnt the sniper line..the working and rational equivalent of your lazer beam hmmmmmmmmmm>????????????

LiL_FuKa
October 17, 2003, 8:49 pm
Cabbage ffs. The whole point is that it lets you know about the camper head on. Seeing the red dot on a wall lets you know there's a camper. Anyway whatever I don't see why you don't like this idea guys. It's easy to add and Michal is thinking of doing it.

Aspa
October 17, 2003, 10:23 pm
[half-off-topic] What I'd like to see in Soldat is a Stavatti TIS-1 (LFLAN) gasdynamic laser assault rifle. Read a description on http://www.stavatti.com/armament_systems.html (scroll down) or the full specs on http://www.defensereview.com/352003/TIS1.pdf

Only problem is it needs a 3-400 gram polonium core. Polonium is only produced in microgram quantities today, at a very high cost.

But it would be cool in Soldat. Uh, maybe a bit powerful, it would be like a portable SG. Could be balanced with a random chance of exploding in your hands (because of unstable radioactive polonium)

NightCabbage
October 19, 2003, 2:32 am
half the time the laser dot would not be visible, coz there might not be a wall. think ctf_b2b, run, etc. there aren't many walls. So you wouldn't even see the dot...

And even if you did, you wouldn't know if it was on your own team. Nor would you have any idea where the sniper is. He could be above you, below you, anywhere.

And if I was sniping someone I would onl

Picture 7 emenies running towards your base, all with Barrets. Now you know they're coming. Bad point. Also, their dots are moving all over the place, coz they're not actually aiming at anyone, they're just running/flying. Bad point.

So 80% of the time it would be completely useless.

Whether or not you see my point is irrelevent, the fact is that I do have one, or more :)