( search forums )
PLEASE READ -- someone's biting soldat!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
swanofnever
October 14, 2003, 6:44 pm
hey,
i thought you might want to know about this; here's the description of one of the entrants in this years IGF:
---
---
2DClash
DSG Projects

Category: Web/Downloadable

2D Clash is the world?s first online multiplayer side-scrolling action videogame. Users can host or join an on-going battle for side-scrolling supremacy. Users can choose to be a jumper or flyer and can utilize fun and strategic weapons in their quest for glory.
---
http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entries.php?entry_id=83
---

um.. wtf?!?!
seriously, this is lame. if there IS a "first online..", it's soldat.

i think michal should enter the IGF next year.

raigan

sauron_the_deceiver
October 14, 2003, 7:06 pm
The BIATCHES!

Spitzfiya
October 14, 2003, 7:09 pm
lmao....that game looks really gay...check out the characters page :P

TomPenny
October 14, 2003, 8:10 pm
Well the game doesnt look bad.. and i tested it, and it has much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much less lag in it..
so.. maybe ill start playing that one if soldat wont get fixed. And yea looks pretty gay :)

MisterX
October 14, 2003, 8:20 pm
it looks...strange... but all downloads on the site do work, just not the game-itself-download -.-

CardBoardWarrior
October 14, 2003, 8:23 pm
gay fags whoever made that...if they copied soldat f*ck them and they did it horribly anyway...then they go and lie about it being the first online.... [:-censored][:-censored][:-censored][:-censored][:-censored][:-censored][:-censored][:-censored][:-censored][:-censored][:-censored][:-censored]them grrrrrr

Mr G
October 14, 2003, 8:29 pm
from [URL]
quote:If you seen any information about 2DClash that needs to be corrected or updated, contact Alex Dunne(adunne@cmp.com), IGF Chairman.

someone should send the soldat's web page :)

BMF
October 14, 2003, 8:37 pm
Yeah, its definately not the first scrolling 2D action game lol

Frosty
October 14, 2003, 8:47 pm
Can someone give me a link to the actual game?

I would like to play it.

Zingo
October 14, 2003, 8:52 pm
Omg! How can they do it?!

swanofnever
October 14, 2003, 9:44 pm
hey,
well i just emailed that guy (tnx for the link Mr. G), perhaps if we all do that they'll be forced to at least acknowledge the existance of soldat on their publicity crap..

raigan

BManx2000
October 14, 2003, 10:42 pm
I bet they won't because of the embarassment of being beaten by one man with no budget :P

Sekushi
October 15, 2003, 2:13 am
That has to be one of the gayest game's I've ever seen. And those characters are lame. [:-crazy] All hail the iron fist of communism--*stop* Soldat! [|)]

JayBDey
October 15, 2003, 2:28 am
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
I bet they won't because of the embarassment of being beaten by one man with no budget :P

No budget? Really? Then maybe you can tell me where my 9.00$ went.

Ardaen
October 15, 2003, 3:54 am
Your $9.00 went right into the Michal Marcinkowski benificial fund. [;)]

BMF
October 15, 2003, 4:11 am
i spent exactly $36 so far on Soldat. Not that i am bragging about it.....

BManx2000
October 15, 2003, 4:28 am
But Michal never started soldat with any money, and I'm sure he doesn't get very much money out of it. (Compared to the $2500 budget these guys have :P)

jc011
October 15, 2003, 4:46 am
haha, i looked at the page and it doesn't say "first" anymore

wahahaha, that fulcrum character is so l33t [:D]

Aquarius
October 15, 2003, 8:06 am
I don't know if Soldat lags more, but one of the best things in Soldat are people which plays Soldat. ...I mean Soldat community is not very big, but very active [:-spin]

eyic
October 15, 2003, 8:35 am
LOL, this game is teh gah, and definately worser than soldat, and frogyboy I cant agree with u more :)

Aquarius
October 15, 2003, 9:40 am
Frogboy, maybe we should compare Soldat to better games, not to [:-yuck] 2DClash.
Soldat deserves it.

frogboy
October 15, 2003, 10:01 am
Well, the Xbox Forums have 200,000 members, and Soldat has 5000, presuming Xbox probably has more than 40 games, Soldat has a large community.

NightCabbage
October 15, 2003, 11:59 am
Don't worry, it's no competition ;)

It looks quite pathetic HARRRRRRRRRRRR

And it looks like they've changed their 'first multiplayer blah blah' thingo, now they just say "a multiplayer side-scrolling crap game ;)"

swanofnever
October 15, 2003, 3:38 pm
hey,
well, i'm glad this actually worked!
---
Thanks, we'll temper the description of that game. :) The developer
probably didn't know about this forerunner.

Thanks,
Alex
---

but.. as IF those guys didn't know about soldat.

anyway.. hooray for soldat! the first and best!
raigan

The Professional
October 15, 2003, 5:24 pm
Well, game clones can be better than the original. I haven't tried it yet because I'm rather faithful to Soldat at the moment (I can't think of anything else I've had more fun with for $9). Clones (if anything) make competition....competition makes for better products...better products makes for happier customers/players.

3rd_account
October 15, 2003, 5:31 pm
They no longer have only one post

NightCabbage
October 16, 2003, 12:48 am
ROFLMAO!

gi.joe
October 16, 2003, 8:00 am
Bah that game is so [:-censored] i wud actually pay them $9 not to make it... my fav character is "yo mamma"

wtf were these dudes smoking when they came up with them fuggered names for the characters???

soldat pwns all

Aquillion
October 17, 2003, 8:24 am
To be fair, I'm not sure you can really get angry at them for Soldat clone -- if Soldat itself stands tall it's because it stands on the shoulders of giants, etc, etc, etc.