( search forums )
"Weapon Maker" program for us modders!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
ZeRo222
October 14, 2003, 7:40 pm
Thats something that we modders realy need!
To make more weapons then the little limit we have...so we need:
A program there u can make ur own weapons, that means that u can change the ammo,hitrate,powerfulnes of the weapon and stuff like that, and chose what pics it use in the weapon-gfx folder, and then save it as a file like "ak47.wep" in the new folder C:/soldat/costum-weapons/
I think most of u modders out there should agree with this, and maybe do a own menu, like u press Assualt Rifles and then it pop-up a new menu with all the weapons, like this:
[IMAGE]

Thats some words from me.

Clean
October 14, 2003, 7:44 pm
I agree totally!

It would be so much easier!

Haro1121
October 14, 2003, 7:51 pm
uhhh that wouldnt work cuz this game is client side id just take a program were it organizes the guns in the weapon Gfx and sfx and interface guns and stuff for ya like changes the names or number and puts it in the folder with its name and a gostek program would be nice also :)

Clean
October 14, 2003, 7:52 pm
i want to add that ZeRo222 is the BEST modder =) [:D]

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Clean.bmp20.73 KB

HE ( ZeRo ) IS GR8!

M
October 14, 2003, 7:54 pm
Nice idea. I like it. I was gonna say this before but i let it for some one else.

ZeRo222
October 14, 2003, 7:55 pm
I dident understand a single thing that u did just wrote up there...?
??? (haro)
sure it should work when we got a super programer as Michal.

and "Clean" stop that :P

Haro1121
October 14, 2003, 8:19 pm
Cleans being zeros ass kisser there best friends lol

shadowkiller
October 14, 2003, 8:48 pm
if u could make your own weps then everyone would make it instant kill and full auto with 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 ammo and instant reload

ZeRo222
October 14, 2003, 8:51 pm
and those kinda a ppl that makes that suxy mod will just be hated and no one will never download it...simlpy as that!

Mr G
October 14, 2003, 9:12 pm
so you say that there should be an option to make any weapon you want and be able to change the power, reload time, ammo, and stuff like that... like those lovely cheats in 1.0.5 era... no wait, worse than those cheats... yeah great idea [xx(] [:(]

?
October 14, 2003, 9:21 pm
no jsut change teh look

BManx2000
October 14, 2003, 10:50 pm
No ?, it would change the stats.
"that means that u can change the ammo,hitrate,powerfulnes of the weapon"
I assume this would only work in single player though...

?
October 14, 2003, 10:56 pm
well thats a sucky idea, grant it a program jsut for changing the look is not a great idea but
chaning the stats jsut sucks

ZeRo222
October 14, 2003, 11:05 pm
but when u have made ur mod and new weapons u cant play it on a server there the orginal soldat is playing...Then u have to set up ur own offical server.
Just like halflife, u cant play CS on a orginal HL server, thats where i want to come and the mod community would grow bigger then.

This is just something i want becouse i dont like this limit with weapons i feel locked in a cage.
The menu is something u should too mod too, your own bottons,colors and backgrounds.

?
October 14, 2003, 11:41 pm
quote:i feel locked in a cage then play another game

ZeRo222
October 14, 2003, 11:48 pm
hmm...what if i like the cage!?

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 14, 2003, 11:55 pm
This is just like the source code thinger anyway he said he might make it moddable to that degree when once he's satisfied with the way soldat is with no bugs and no further updates.

?
October 14, 2003, 11:55 pm
quote:hmm...what if i like the cage!? hey your the one complaining about being locked in a cage you kinky freak

CardBoardWarrior
October 15, 2003, 1:53 am
This has become a random topic, so ill post somtihn random- i found and d/led 1.0.5b. i need a program to open it, i think it is somthing like winrar. can any1 help?

enjoyincubus
October 15, 2003, 2:16 am
Lol CardBoard...:)

www.rarlabs.com

anyway, if you're saying you want this so you can make a real mod, then I think you actually want an SMG, and don't realize it yet...What's the point of one little program to just change the guns, and then release a mod for it that won't really get played anyway? Why not make a real mod? Join with the few sensible people who want an SMG...it's like asking the butcher for the cow's toe, when with a little begging, he'll give you that whole gooey, prime beef steak stuff in the middle...:D

So, all in all, I see where you're going...but until you get there, this idea is...well, you can draw the inference...

ZeRo222
October 15, 2003, 7:56 am
awwww ...well i guess i go back to my little cage and eat some cookies.

NuZZ
October 15, 2003, 8:15 am
I suggested all of this!!! (could mean i agree :/)
so yeah add this or ill hire a hitman on u Michal, and steal your comp and make soldat myself >:(....... Just Kidding!

eyic
October 15, 2003, 8:29 am
Zero, Little Fighter sux :D
poitns at sigg ---->

choco
October 15, 2003, 9:49 am
we could have a mods folder...compatible with this modding program and only the server can run mods if u join a server running a mod....the mod is downloaded automaticly and then played as if it were normal soldat.....for the mod folder to work itd be kinda like this soldat\mods\(name of mod)weapons-gfx soldat.ini etc etc.....i think this would rock)

ZeRo222
October 15, 2003, 10:05 am
*steps out of the cage again*
Yey someone saying its good with this!
And no Eyic LF2 rules!
*Steps back in to the cage and lock the door*

Meandor
October 15, 2003, 1:02 pm
No, because -
- There aren't already many players (relative) why do you want to split them between soldat and many shabby mods?
- You'd need a lobby for each mod, since ase can't support every mod that would come out
- Mods would be probably unbalanced
- I don't think there would be dedicated servers for a custom mod
- I wouldn't play a mod just cause it has different weapons

ZeRo222
October 15, 2003, 2:48 pm
I would ,LOOK!
Half Life was released, ppl played it and BOOM counter strike that was a MOD showed up and ppl download it because the were other WEAPONS.!!!
and I would dedicate my own server!

fUnKy_cHiCkEn_01
October 16, 2003, 7:38 am
hey that weapon mod idea is kool
i drew up an m-16 thinking i could add it, but i dont know how
I would add an m-16.
Hey theres another topic about sharing graphics and what-not
that would b perfect if we could just share with other people our new guns etc. so that wont limit online.
Ya get my drift?

JayBDey
October 17, 2003, 4:47 am
How about a whole SDK? Full control of the game, not just the weapons, so then you could make new features and not be limited to just guns. I expect that Michal will do that once he is no longer able to work on SOLDAT, let the community run the game by making mods. And of course, vanilla SOLDAT would still be there (and probably would remain the most popular)

As for too many mods being made, I wouldn't worry about that. You would have to be able to code, it wouldn?t be like a point and click GUI to make a mod, only people with real skill would be able to, thus weeding out the lamers.

And of course, if a mod sucks, no one will play it.