( search forums )
Various issues...any ideas on fixes?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
The Professional
October 15, 2003, 5:12 pm
I've been getting complaints from a few users (including a few in my clan) that my server is just plain buggy. Flags tend to skip around sometimes, and action jerks occasionally for some players. Some people experience this, and others don't. I'm on the lan with the server, so the only thing I've seen is the flag bouncing erratically a few times.

Here are the specs on the server:
- AMD Duron 1.3GHz
- 256MB RAM
- Windows XP Pro SP1
- Soldat dedicated server 1.1.5 (fix installed)

There are NO major background services running except Symantec AV corporate and NetOpt (for remote control of the desktop), and this machine does absolutely nothing but serve soldat CF matches.

The machine is connected via T1 to the net on a major backbone, so bandwidth is not an issue. I'm not sure whether to blame the software for the "glitches", or blame myself for some setting that is incorrect.

cooz
October 17, 2003, 12:37 am
who knows, maybe on v1.2 it will work better ;)

The Professional
October 17, 2003, 3:55 pm
Yeah, I'm hoping 1.2 will be better. I cleaned up the lag-times as best I could...users that were getting 300ms ping are now getting (+,-)200ms ping. I'm happy at the moment with that. I don't know what else to do about the glitches, I guess just wait until 1.2 dedicated is released :)

toadsMoke
October 18, 2003, 9:23 am
Pro: those are all known bugs with 1.1.5
Version 1.2 fixes those. All you can really do is wait. =)

The Professional
October 22, 2003, 4:59 pm
I don't mind waiting...I just wish everyone would just be that willing to wait too. Seems like everyone blames me for the "laaaaaaag" or "stupid f*** respawn". <sigh>