( search forums )
Chat Feature In Lobby Server
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
some guy
October 16, 2003, 1:01 am
I was wondering if implementing a chat feature in the lobby server would help soldat players in seeing who is online and organising games. I've played other multiplayer games where a chat feature in the lobby was very effective. Would this be something that could benefit soldat in the future?

YaZ
October 16, 2003, 10:15 am
I think its good idea.And there could be the buddy- system like in ASE.You could see where your buddy is playing(if he is playing).Me like. [:P]

Hercule Poirot
October 16, 2003, 11:59 am
this is really really good idea but if that would put in 1.2 we would have to wait it longer i think but good idea :)

CbbLe
October 16, 2003, 12:18 pm
yea I like it too

cooz
October 16, 2003, 12:21 pm
like said trssam (man who created lobby server) on this forum: he wanted to add this feature but michal told him that this's not good idea

bLaStEr
October 16, 2003, 2:15 pm
quote:like said trssam (man who created lobby server) on this forum: he wanted to add this feature but michal told him that this's not good idea

Are you sure? Coz chat would totally rock!![:D]

Tha Doggfather
October 16, 2003, 3:52 pm
smells like gamespy which is teh suck :/

cooz
October 16, 2003, 5:32 pm
>Are you sure? Coz chat would totally rock!![:D]

here it is
quote:Originally posted by trssam
Well that's not true that im not interested in lobby anymore. I spent lot of time in upgrading it (there were more than 100 relases but fortunately only 1 person have to change lobby :) ) and adding some features (anyone noticed that lobby shows flags?). My idea was also "forward through lobby" to connect to servers without external IP. There were also other features prepared (one major of them was chat) but MM didn't want to or didn't have time to implement it in game.

whole post of trssam u can find here:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=7669&whichpage=4

cooz

ps
but anyway trssam now won't release any next version of his lobby - he was replaced by ardean :(

Frosty
October 16, 2003, 7:47 pm
It would be a great place to meet up with friends and arrange games.