( search forums )
Ruger in 1.2b
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chakra
October 16, 2003, 8:03 pm
Been trying the beta out of personal interest for a little while now (no, i'm not a beta tester, I am in fact the son of Hades and Whoopi Goldberg), and while I would definitely say it's marginally more balanced than our current version 1.1.5, there is still weapons that prove overly dominant....ONE OF WHICH IS THE RUGER!

3 shots to the legs or torso, or 2 shots to the head. Thats how the ruger fairs now, but in 1.2b it's 2 shots to the head or torso (taking exactly(ish) 50% health per shot) and 3 to the legs.

I would maybe find this fair if it fired slower, but as it is now, a practiced user can kill just as soon as a evil barret user in 1.1.5.

How about 'nerfing' my trusty ruger with the same in-air inaccuracy the barret suffers, maybe to a lesser degree?

SERIAL KILLeR
October 16, 2003, 8:15 pm
Ur not a beta tester but u have soldat 1.2b?

Anyway the ruger is one of my favorites weapons because its very powerfull
(to powerfull: fast relaod,long range,2-3 shots kills).
So yeah making it a bit less powerfull would be a good thing.

cooz
October 16, 2003, 8:20 pm
shut up u ppl! if other weps will change in next version to be more powetfull why u want to nerf my sweety ruger!?!

CbbLe
October 16, 2003, 8:27 pm
its nto the final version anyway and we have complained on it...wait for the final release instead.

n2j3
October 16, 2003, 9:03 pm
Prediction: ruger 77 will be the new barret in 1.2. No need to be nerfed as such tho, I would suggest combining the damage it did in .5 and the faster reload time introduced in 1.2b. Oh and a new less flater default sound would be great [and yes i know i can edit all the .wav file meself etc]

BeTeL
October 16, 2003, 9:17 pm
with the ruger u can kill crowds faster then barret... but barret doesnt really win on 1 vs 1... ruger is to fast really... make shooting(or reload) alil slower

eyic
October 16, 2003, 11:35 pm
the ruger is [:-censored]ed in soldat 1.2b, us beta testers have complained about it and are waiting to see what michal is going t odo about it ^_^

cooz
October 16, 2003, 11:58 pm
what exactly is [:-censored]ed-up with ruger in v1.2?

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 17, 2003, 1:17 am
Let's say it's as bad as the Chainsaws in 1.1.4.....

R
October 17, 2003, 2:06 am
quote:Been trying the beta out of personal interest for a little while now (no, i'm not a beta tester

umm...why do you have the beta then....

NuZZ
October 17, 2003, 2:52 am
Please do NOT post info on the fukin version, you are NOT a beta tester, so you should NOT have 1.2b... And you should ONLY post bugs in the beta testers forum, which you do NOT have the password to. At least move this 2 the Bugs/Help forum.

n2j3
October 17, 2003, 3:03 am
quote:Originally posted by NuZZ
Please do NOT post info on the fukin version, you are NOT a beta tester, so you should NOT have 1.2b... And you should ONLY post bugs in the beta testers forum, which you do NOT have the password to. At least move this 2 the Bugs/Help forum.

Hmm.. someone feels their beta-testing privileges are threatened... It must hurt[V]
On our subject tho, i hope that michal considers nerfing it slightly [kudos for making the mp5 useful to say the least] :D

TIR_Blade
October 17, 2003, 3:24 am
Wow, sorry to say this but people are already complaining about 1.2 b4 its even out, not that its a bad thing necessarily, just shows the methods of the human mind...

Chakra
October 17, 2003, 3:34 am
If you're gonna do it, do it right. [-O.J Simpson]

Anyhow, is there any reason why I shouldn't post about it? Just because i'm not a beta tester doesn't mean those without such status don't want to discuss it. And this is a suggestion, so I think it suits this forum more so than bugs/help forum, as it is neither a bug nor something I need help with....and for the sweet love of Linda McArtney calm the fu<k down nuzzy!

Hiroshto
October 17, 2003, 4:44 am
This new Ruger sounds like a Styer Scout, we already have a Styer AUG ,might as well call this new version of the Ruger the Styer Scout. besides, the fire sounds the same.
This will give Rugers the advantage over Baretters since most of the time, it takes too long to kill with the Ruger untill now.

xXShavoXx
October 17, 2003, 5:18 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
If you're gonna do it, do it right. [-O.J Simpson]

Anyhow, is there any reason why I shouldn't post about it? Just because i'm not a beta tester doesn't mean those without such status don't want to discuss it. And this is a suggestion, so I think it suits this forum more so than bugs/help forum, as it is neither a bug nor something I need help with....and for the sweet love of Linda McArtney calm the fu<k down nuzzy!

N2J3 summed it up quite well. People get pissed when more people have the beta because they don't feel as special, or something... not quite sure. Even so, rest assured that this problem is being fixed and 1.2 is going to kick some SERIOUS ass when it is released. [:-bouncy]

that fuking sniper
October 17, 2003, 6:57 am
Well there is pretty much nothing wrong if the patch got leaked, with the exception of false rumors or whatnot. The thing about the test is that beta testers are a selected group by the moderators and Michal to test and give opinions about 1.2b and possibly future patches too.

sqweek
October 17, 2003, 7:36 pm
I think the ruger has been overpowered since it got it's boost to firing speed, in... 1.1.5?
I mean, it was already one of the better weapons with it's old slower speed.

swanofnever
October 17, 2003, 8:07 pm
hey,
i have two questions:

1) how exactly DID you end up with that version? ;l

2) since we've been forced to wait for so long.. could we at least be allowed read-only access to the beta-test forum to quell at least some of our crazed thirst for new soldat?! or how about a peek at the 1.2 manual.. ANYTHING!!!!!

raigan

that fuking sniper
October 17, 2003, 8:22 pm
Actually, I think it would be best if you got the patch itself and didnt get into the test forum. The forum represents whoever is chosen to test and give opinion, now if anyone could post there Soldat would not get too good.

NuZZ
October 17, 2003, 11:41 pm
I KILL ALL, NO CALMING = ME
MUHAHAHAAH[/insaness]
Mmmmmmmmmm mmmmm
You reALLY shouldn't have the new version u no tho :/

g_omega
October 18, 2003, 1:43 am
Oh wow you are a chosen one, you get the privelege of browsing the beta tester forum, we should all be so priveleaged. Why does everyone have such a problem with someone who isn't a beta tester getting the game, don't feel so special now?