( search forums )
I miss real mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra
October 16, 2003, 8:12 pm
[:(]

No one plays it.

No one likes it.

But why do I still miss the recoil? the line-of-sight vision? The fall damage? The different styles of play?

BMF
October 16, 2003, 8:20 pm
Chakra get over it

bLaStEr
October 16, 2003, 8:25 pm
hehe...
maybe you should start to use drugs or if you do already[8D]

DeepII
October 16, 2003, 10:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by bLaStEr
hehe...
maybe you should start to use drugs or if you do already[8D]

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

I hate Realmode coz of Ruger. you can kill in Real Mode with 1 Shot and Reload-time is for Ruger 1-2sek...overpowered...in my opinion...

cooz
October 17, 2003, 12:23 am
i love real mode! and yes, im using ruger ;)
deep, u're wrong in real mode u can kill with one shot of ruger when u shot someone in head or chest, when the bullet hit in legs person will survive - but not for long :>

ReDevil
October 17, 2003, 12:29 am
real mode is cool but unplayble :\

AquaShyGuy
October 17, 2003, 12:29 am
i love real mode too but the deagles and rugers are just too much bs.

eyic
October 17, 2003, 1:22 am
i might switch my server to Real Mode visit www.soldat-hideout.tk

Element_101
October 17, 2003, 4:02 am
The worst thing about real mode is fall damage. Its really annoying when

You fall to far and die!

BMF
October 17, 2003, 4:14 am
try the right mouse button

will you people stop whining about falling damage? What are you? A bunch of pussies? Just watch when you are going to hit the ground, and hit the jets. Thats like the best part of realistic mode!!!

Plunge from the sky, stop at the last moment like a badass, and shoot everybody. Chakra, you feel me on that one?

Apex
October 17, 2003, 4:28 am
realistic mode owns standard.
it gets rid of automatics being underpowered and the barret overpowered...lessens camping (no seeing around corners). And about ruger and deagles being too powerful, I've never really noticed that; generally the people with automatics do a lot better because they can spray from a long distance to kill ruger or deagle users.

JayBDey
October 17, 2003, 4:50 am
I only play real mode, it's much better than standard.

Chakra
October 17, 2003, 6:04 am
Damn right. Although fall damage was better in 1.1.4 when it was a tad less sensitive....I remember the series of people going "WTF!?!?" when they thought they made a cushioned landing.

And like Apex says, real-mode solves everything. Only quibbles I have on it is the aug's recoil makes it relatively useless, and too many veterans find themselves aquainted with the ruger's dodgy aim and recoil, making it a common sight in deathmatch, but not overly formidable in CTF.

SO WHY IN THE SWEET NAME OF JANE FONDA'S THIGHS IS IT GONE?!

JayBDey
October 17, 2003, 6:10 am
What do you mean it's gone?

Chakra
October 17, 2003, 6:32 am
Well where are the dozen real-mode servers that were there during 1.1.4? I haven't seen a realistic server for yonks, unless it was some new guy with a minigun playing against 8 bots.

It's [:-censored]ing gone I tell you!

Aquillion
October 17, 2003, 8:21 am
I think the best solution is to split realistic mode up into seperate server-side options, so people could just use the ones they want. This has been suggested several times in the ideas forum, but I don't know if it's going to happen...

NightCabbage
October 17, 2003, 8:23 am
yeah, not many real servers. I quite enjoy a good real game.

Aquarius
October 17, 2003, 12:17 pm
I love inf in real mode [:-weepn]

Blag
October 17, 2003, 1:53 pm
Realistic mode is the only form of Soldat that I play . . IMHO it is far more enjoyable than the norm . . .

Hercule Poirot
October 17, 2003, 3:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra

No one plays it.

No one likes it.

But why do I still miss the recoil? the line-of-sight vision? The fall damage? The different styles of play?

Hi luv if you see server named like "bc clan server" or bc something.. (finnish server) they play always in REAL mode well at least when i have seen (many times) that server in ase bye luv..

Frosty
October 17, 2003, 4:41 pm
I just wish the fall damage would be redone. I enjoy it otherwise.

swanofnever
October 17, 2003, 4:46 pm
i hear you, chakra. these days there are ~2 realmode servs, and they both have 500ping or so...

a few days ago there was a realmode serv i could actually play on! man.. that was awesome.

bring it back!!!

raigan

?
October 17, 2003, 9:21 pm
yeah fall damage gets on my nerves also

scarecrow
October 28, 2003, 2:38 pm
it is everyone likes it but they dont play it cuz they are not good enough for me :P

scarecrow
October 28, 2003, 2:39 pm
muhahahaha

swanofnever
October 28, 2003, 8:12 pm
man.. yesterday i found a realmode server. so fun!!

i somehow managed to win in arena2 using only the chainsaw... ?!?!

that just doesn't happen in non-real mode. it's just so BORING.
sigh...

raigan

BMF
October 28, 2003, 8:58 pm
real mode is finger licking good

MgFalcon
October 28, 2003, 10:41 pm
real mode is awsome and plus you can kill any1 in 1 hit only if you hit them in the head so the rugar isn't super powerfull, some people need something to complain about