( search forums )
Secondary weapon: Smoke Grenade
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
evilkenivo
October 17, 2003, 8:55 am
I would like to see this implement. It would have no offensive purposes and when it exploded it would have like a gas cloud (too much lag?) and people in it would not beable to see other players with a kind of a realistic mode effect (where all surrounding players would fade out). I'd love to rip this out on a proned sniper and start hailing gunfire on his arse.

3rd_account
October 17, 2003, 7:07 pm
Na-ah!

This aint a good idea in my mind

.FF.nEcRoTik
October 17, 2003, 7:59 pm
Only if the smoke nade would make the players not able to see each other like in realistic mode, otherwise it would be useless..

?
October 17, 2003, 9:22 pm
not a smoke nade agin, whoever did that drawing we need it agin =/

evilkenivo
October 17, 2003, 9:22 pm
I think the smoke grenade should come out of a laucher. Otherwise it would be too easy to avoid.

Also, I think it should implements the lack of sight that is similar to realistic mode. People in the gas can's see a thing until they get outside of it. It doesn't seem like something hard to implement because the lack of sight is already implemented in realistic mode and a gas effect doesn't seem hard to animate.

NuZZ
October 17, 2003, 11:44 pm
NuZZ to the rescue!
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
Well...

WHat happenes is when hit by nade, your screen starts to blur... But when you exite the mist, it will start 2 unblur/come clear...
so the bomb is the "o" and the radius is the "-":
-------o-------
So when u r at the 8th 1 out, its not that nlury as it is the 1st 1 in

evilkenivo
October 18, 2003, 12:07 am
That effect maybe a little overboard, i would just want that the guy that shot the smoke just not be seen at all. If the smoke filled the entire screen then the character wouldn't know how far he had to go to get out of the smoke. As the character that was hit gets out, the guy that shot it would fade in and be viewable. If the picture is the case then a sniper would still pick you off
'

eyic
October 18, 2003, 12:28 am
quote:Originally posted by ?
not a smoke nade agin, whoever did that drawing we need it agin =/

it was meh who done the pwetty picture >:)

[IMAGE]

as you can see ti makes perfect sence that smoke grenades SHOULD NOT EXIST

evilkenivo
October 18, 2003, 1:01 am
people have to be inside the smoke, not across. Even then the program could be made so that you would not beable to see people across the smoke.

Also in realistic mode, people each have their own individual sight ranges and lag doesn't seem to be a problem there. I don't think that the information on whether the person is in sight range is sent over the net, rather the position is and the program on your computer decides whether or not to display the enemy character

eyic
October 18, 2003, 1:14 am
blah blah blah, i still think their a waste of a game..
juice box were are u? show him ur pictueres :D

?
October 18, 2003, 1:19 am
o gosh whats next a smoking jeep that is pulled by a dinasour =/

no smoke nades, gosh =/

fUnKy_cHiCkEn_01
October 18, 2003, 2:14 am
go smoke nades!

BManx2000
October 18, 2003, 4:32 am
How about a soldat moment-ish scenario:
You are rushing towards the enemy base. But you can tell by the bullets and gunfire at your teammate ahead of you that there are too many enemies for you to take on at once. But you have a smoke nade! You lob the nade just before you come into visual range of the base. The smoke obscures your line of sight but it also obscures your enemies'. When you emerge from the smoke, your enemies react too slowly and you grab the flag and vanish back into the smoke. The enemies frie into the smoke, but their shots whiz above your head. You manage to get a screen away from your pursuers by the time they see you and capture the flag!

evilkenivo
October 18, 2003, 7:20 am
also it'll be great for a retreat. I just basically causes confusion. If i'm outnumbered just smoke myself and enemy won't know if i retreated or if i'm still in the right there. I just think this will add another element too the game.

Also i just want to emphasize that i don't want this to be something you just throw because the speed that you throw a normal grenade doesn't seem to be enough, so that is why i suggested earlier about the launcher.