( search forums )
movement
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
evilkenivo
October 17, 2003, 9:26 am
any tips on moving in soldat. I know this is kind of general but recently i was one on one with a barret user and he just kept on shot killing me and i just kept trying to plug away at him with my ak.
best way to move around to avoid barret shots. Tips? Tricks?

frogboy
October 17, 2003, 11:34 am
Go and kill him from a different direction, try Predator or Flame God, or Bulletproof shield. Or you can always snipe him out.

Hercule Poirot
October 17, 2003, 12:02 pm
rolling on ground to avoid shots go behind rocks and so on...

Nebby
October 17, 2003, 2:42 pm
Lots of rolling
Lots of jumping
lots of eratic flying
and wherever you can, try to put him off or move him out of the way with a nade

And if you up against a sniper, try fly to the top right/bottom left, unless the sniper is left handed.

also, try to hug the roof quite a bit, it makes for a harder shot for him if he's also quite high up (eg ctf-run)

Dark_Noddy
October 17, 2003, 2:45 pm
Learn The Barret Reload Time in Ur head.. Then Coun Down And Jump as they Shoot.. After That U got 5 sec (I think Its 5.. Dont Bother To Check.. Its 4 or 5 sec) to kill them :D

Nebby
October 17, 2003, 2:51 pm
Also take into account that it's a lot harder (for me, anyway) to shoot while in movement.

normally to get a good shot off with barret i stop for a few milliseconds, crouch, and shoot. unless it's a "kill now, or be killed/face humiliation later" thing, then i manage to move and shoot.

Nebby
October 17, 2003, 2:52 pm
Sorry - double post.

Also; play barret for a few days, to get an idea how they think, you can then mostly predict their movements.

Spitzfiya
October 17, 2003, 3:42 pm
I find prone flying straight towards a sniper and shooting VERY effective. ;) (always get up before you hit the ground or your dead meat) But prone in the air whenever possible...except when the sniper is right below you :/
Try not to get to close...take pot shots, eventually you will learn when and where to move.

Most of it is just erratic movment....Agility

SERIAL KILLeR
October 17, 2003, 5:12 pm
Barret users are very nervous on shooting. Sometimes I stop right before I get in their line of sight and then they almost always still shoot.And then i just kill them with my ak+nades while they are reloading.

When u are using autos or spas try getting above the player so u can have more headshots and less leg-shots.

BMF
October 17, 2003, 8:52 pm
Spitzfiya, you gotta lose that crouch flying man. Its not gonna get you anywhere, and you make a perfect target. I think you saw that when we dueled =)

?
October 17, 2003, 9:05 pm
just keep moving, don't stop

TomPenny
October 17, 2003, 9:39 pm
this is a bunch of bull-sh|t, dont believe anything ppl...
all this guys are pissed at the barret cose ppl own them with it..
the best defence is the offence.. just shoot like crazy.. move like an idiot... change up/under directions..
u cant give tips in soldat.. its just a matter of... who lags less..

?
October 17, 2003, 10:00 pm
soldat is not focused on lag and yes some of the stuff sugested works you idiot

TomPenny
October 17, 2003, 11:37 pm
dude.. most of these ppl here camp.. [B)]

FragBait
October 17, 2003, 11:43 pm
Do not worry! I heard that Barret is ruined in 1.2 anyways. Probably of the Non-Barret users whining. 'Nerf the barret' .. You whining bloody [:-censored]s! You problem will most likely be the Rugers in 1.2, because all Barret users will go Ruger, or they will go Campers, and Campers are not hard to take out, but they can be damn annoying!
So the whiners has done it! They win! Barret will probably suck!

FragBait
October 17, 2003, 11:45 pm
BTW..
[:-censored] ALL OF YOU WHINERS!

Spitzfiya
October 17, 2003, 11:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMF
Spitzfiya, you gotta lose that crouch flying man. Its not gonna get you anywhere, and you make a perfect target. I think you saw that when we dueled =)

It didnt work with you [8D], but it seems to work very well when you run out of options. lets say a sniper is aming at a 30 degree angle and im in the air.....I prone and I fly straight towards them while shooting. Most of the time they miss because im a smaller target then when im just standing.

Its hard to explain....But I do it when against campers...its hard to hit a "rocket" flying through the air. Its good for capping flags/stealing flags..bla bla bla....just remember to get up before you hit the ground.

And BMF your absoulutly right I relized prone flying was a stupid idea in that duel. I think its because I didnt know what else to do too avoid your wicked shot :P

FragBait
October 18, 2003, 12:02 am
You can not crouch while flying ffs! That is impossible!
But you can PRONE while flying! PRONE! PRONE PRONE PRONE! PRONE!
So say PRONE ffs!

Nebby
October 18, 2003, 12:58 am
Jesus christ.

What's worse? the whiners, or the people whining about the whiners.

Will everyone stop whining, if you don't like a weapon, don't use it, if you hate someone using a weapon why not find ways to counter it?

?
October 18, 2003, 1:13 am
if snipers are easy to take out then why are they annoying? grant it i only "camp"(defend) on kampf but really campers arn't annoying, people that use barret, or any weapon arn't annoying its jsut another challenge that is fun to overtake

Duke33
October 18, 2003, 8:08 am
Think how the enemy thinks. Imagine that you were in their position, what would you do? And then do your best to avoid what they're going to do. Be unpredictable, but dont just charge in. Think, even if only for a second. In order to know what they will do, use each weapon in situations so you can KNOW it. That is a good way to success.

t, i agree. Campers are easier to take out that fluidly moving people...i dont know why people moan about campers...

Spitzfiya
October 18, 2003, 8:21 am
quote:Originally posted by FragBait
You can not crouch while flying ffs! That is impossible!
But you can PRONE while flying! PRONE! PRONE PRONE PRONE! PRONE!
So say PRONE ffs!

Rotfl...

Woops [;)]

Element_101
October 19, 2003, 12:06 pm
Camping is not a noob stragity, its harder to aim the barret when moving

so why move