( search forums )
Kniving around.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Frosty
October 17, 2003, 4:39 pm
I'm using only my knife as a primary weapon until I can finally use this thing correctly.

I'm getting better, however I could use some tips from the pros.

It seems to sort of lob like a grenade, does anyone else agree?

ReDevil
October 17, 2003, 6:11 pm
knife is the best weapon i think, its becmoing very useful.

sauron_the_deceiver
October 17, 2003, 6:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Frosty
however I could use some tips from the pros.

PM Kamikaze Ninja =)

Spitzfiya
October 17, 2003, 7:01 pm
Well just start throwing it around :) you will get used to it.
When someone is running past you jump and throw it into thier back :)
Its also fun killing campers with the Knife...a very rewarding experience.

I think the knife is the best secondary because Most of my kills are Knife throws. Capping people out of the air is easy as long as they are close. Its best to switch to your Knife when you first spawn in deathmatch, You can kill anyone around you with one hit. Then after you lose your knife...you can eithier pick it up again or switch to your primary :D

Remember you only have to tap "F" once to throw a Knife.

?
October 17, 2003, 9:09 pm
i thought you didn't have internet at your house

Zingo
October 17, 2003, 10:22 pm
Well i allways use knife [:)]

CardBoardWarrior
October 17, 2003, 11:01 pm
KNIFE IS TEH ROXORS!!! lol any way, until you can beat them on impossible mode, play against bots. thats what made me PRO.

Spitzfiya
October 18, 2003, 12:02 am
Poor chainsaw...I dont think they should of Nerfed it :(

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 18, 2003, 12:59 am
^_^ knifezors r us anywho the trick about the knife is nothing absolutely nothing just practice practice practice and soon youll find it gets easier to dodge ppl sometimes and predict some ppls movements and all u really need is ur knife and ppl to kill lol ;-) buahahahaha no periods commas or caps lol

Urban2
October 18, 2003, 1:09 am
Just don't let knifers get you while you try and knife. We were having a knife war in DNAGames and I threw missed, and as I ran for the knife someone hit me in the back of the head with a knife. So if you knife, make sure you keep control of your knife, or you'll get one in your head.

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 18, 2003, 1:33 am
Oh yeah one think to p1ss off ppl who also use knives try to dodge their throw jack their knife and kill em with their own knife man that ticks some ppl off.

Another way is to steal the knife they have and keep it throw it near them let them chase after it then you chase after them kill em with ur original knife b4 they can get theirs back.

One more thing try to be unpredictable and be as silent as possible cant say the same with me but w/e lol.

BManx2000
October 18, 2003, 4:42 am
Also, it's a lot easier to hit someone with a knife if you throw it from above. (also more likely to be going fast enough to be lethal)

Spitzfiya
October 18, 2003, 5:51 am
Its alot easyier throwing a knife at someone on a fast ground pass...because If they run past you you get a chance to thrown it into the back of thier head. (if your quick)

NightCabbage
October 19, 2003, 3:10 am
For me, the knife tends to hit and do nothing more than any other weapon :(

Sometimes I do some wicked shots, where I just throw the knife up into the air, and it comes dow and hits the person in the head. But it doesn't even hurt them :/

Bah, lol

It's fun tho ^^

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 19, 2003, 4:42 am
That's because when it goes up and lands on someone the strength of the knife is reduced that's why when you throw your knife up and u hit urself it doesn't kill that's why you have to direct your throws at the player not let it hang around the air I guess.

NightCabbage
October 19, 2003, 7:12 am
No I mean that it misses them completely everywhere except on my screen ^_^

Evul lag :P

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 19, 2003, 7:43 am
Ohh i get ya i hate that especially when you hit them square in the face and u see it fly throught it blood splurting and see it land on the opposing side...

as u said EVUL LAG!

Duke33
October 19, 2003, 7:50 am
I love knives, they're fun to play with. However, few people can use them REALLY well, ie, to be a threat. However they can be quite effective in the right hands. My hands dont work all that well with them...so i usually dont use it too much when im getting competitive.

R
October 19, 2003, 8:39 am
i would say i can use the knife quite effectively ^_^ the knife goes very well with the m79, you run into the enemy base, shoot of your gun to kill someon then take out ure knife and throw it in the nearest person. the trick is just mastering the "arc" of the throw of the knife and being able to compensate for where the enemy is and wehre you are. like in kampf. if you are on top level going towards the red base and ure on blue. you jump off the edge and immediately turn either right or left and throw your knife at eather the camper on the spikes or on ground by boxes.

But what you really have to master first along with knife throw is agility, speed, and maneuverability. If you cant dodge any shots, you wont be able to use the knife well. thats basically it Lol :)