( search forums )
Magic The Gathering.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
M
October 17, 2003, 7:35 pm
Have you played this trading cards?
I started to play them from yesterday. Today i had battle with some frends. Its really a cool game.

CardBoardWarrior
October 17, 2003, 8:16 pm
I used to play magic, it was fun and all but i was running out of money and i just had better stuff to do. (like play soldat :D) I still have a bouch of cards. Ill sell them to you if you want :)

M
October 17, 2003, 8:58 pm
I want to but we can't. [:(]
I live 50000 KM and more far away from you. [:(]

?
October 17, 2003, 9:24 pm
i always wanted to play it but never got around to it is it funny fun?

LumpyFerret
October 18, 2003, 8:36 am
bwahaha majic the gathering cards... = magnet of random nerd beatiNGS!!!!!!!

Spitzfiya
October 18, 2003, 8:59 am
Pokemon cards?

Outcast
October 18, 2003, 9:05 am
lol......i got magic cards ;P, you can play it online too......www.magicworkshop.com and stuff like that......btw.......you cant be more then 20000 KM away from anyone O.o

Spitzfiya
October 18, 2003, 9:19 am
I have heard of magic....but whats the hype? isnt it like monopoly?

FILL ME IN!

ThaD
October 18, 2003, 10:03 am
I used to play Doom Trooper, I still have around 1.500 cards :P

LumpyFerret
October 18, 2003, 11:49 am
magic is really strange..one thing that i never got about seeing people play it..
was how some cards were land...ie swamp / earth/ whatever..

what in the hell are those cards for?

Outcast
October 18, 2003, 2:38 pm
id explain but am not in the damn mood :P

wormdundee
October 18, 2003, 3:30 pm
me too, ive played it a couple of times, and its kinda weird, but i did like it sort of

KiLLBoT
October 18, 2003, 5:40 pm
lol looks like everyone has retired from magic, i stopped playing in the 6th grade [xx(]

Meandor
October 18, 2003, 6:41 pm
I don't like it.. they also cost too much for simple cards, and if you don't have good cards you can't win, so basically it's who spends more wins more. A friend of mine spent the other month 200$ for a foil card =\

M
October 18, 2003, 7:49 pm
Lol i know. Its too expensive but they are cool.
Yesterday i payed 12 euros just for a Deck box, two packets of 50 card protectors and 30 advanced and expert cards.

CardBoardWarrior
October 18, 2003, 7:56 pm
Lol you will get tired of it soon...just like all the card games...and yeh me too i stopped playin in 6th grade.

Guil
October 18, 2003, 8:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by LumpyFerret
magic is really strange..one thing that i never got about seeing people play it..
was how some cards were land...ie swamp / earth/ whatever..

what in the hell are those cards for?

This is simple. Swamp, mountain, forest, island and plain = kind of lands. If you want to play a monster/spells/effects you need a X number of those lands. Sometime you need 2 swamps and 5 incolor(any type of land) to cast a monster of something similar to this.

And ya magic is cool, I have for more than 1500$ CAN and I spend only only 200$ CAN for this lol. My primary deck = 400$ CAN and it is black, blue and artifact. Viva Spirit of the night. :)

M
October 18, 2003, 9:02 pm
Some americans at the school are really crazy. They even have albums with the cards.

Flanagan
October 18, 2003, 11:42 pm
Dude, welcome to 7 years ago.

CardBoardWarrior
October 19, 2003, 12:05 am
lol! i had an album...shoot i think i still do! im gonna go look for it yeah yeah!! ;)

NightCabbage
October 19, 2003, 3:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Flanagan
Dude, welcome to 7 years ago.

ahaha! :)

I played for a while lolz

Was pretty fun too heh

But yeah, it's expensive, lucky I didn't spend much on it ^^
I like green and red ^_^
Blue is cheaty :/

LumpyFerret
October 19, 2003, 4:49 am
its the same thing with spending..in those warcraft games or something...
a freind of mine forked out for this stupid tank or something...and absolutely pwned with it.

JayBDey
October 19, 2003, 5:34 am
quote:Originally posted by Outcast
lol......i got magic cards ;P, you can play it online too......www.magicworkshop.com and stuff like that......btw.......you cant be more then 20000 KM away from anyone O.o

Well technically, you can't be more than 12,756.32 kilometers away from someone as long as you are on the surface of the earth. But this would require you to go through the center of the earth to get to where you wanted to go. So really you can be as far away as 20,037.58 kilometers because you have to go all the way around to get to where you're going.

LumpyFerret
October 19, 2003, 8:55 am
JayBDey...You have just fallen into the category...of
Nerdy magic card player..

CardBoardWarrior
October 20, 2003, 1:01 am
rofl!! lol nerdy magic card player...

JayBDey
October 20, 2003, 1:48 am
How the fuck does that make me a nerdy magic card player. I don't even play Magic.

Duke33
October 20, 2003, 3:52 am
Hmmm, what I'm wondering is how [:-censored] got around the censor. I dont care, but its interesting..

Anyway, Lumpys just joking. Dont worry

On magic: Yeah, some people i know are SUPER into it, or at least were. I played magic acouple of times--it seemed okay, acouple of times. But after that it got annoying, and the people i knew were playing it ALL THE TIME and spending alot. Anyway, if you like it, then maybe you should try YU-Gi-OH which the same peope were obsessed with..

Each to his/her own, and i dont have a problem with people playing it. Personally, i dont like it at all, now.

Guil
October 20, 2003, 4:16 am
I like Yu-gi-oh 'cause of great monsters design like Black skull dragon or Ultima white dragon. Someone know where I can find some great wallpaper?

JayBDey
October 20, 2003, 4:44 am
I can say anything I want and not get filtered. The admins really need to fix it.

[edit: maybe you should fix your word filter eh? It's far too easy to brake. If you need help I can show you how.]

choco
October 20, 2003, 9:55 am
http://www.e-league.com/ if u wanna play magic 4 free go there and download a program called apprentice......u might want irc aswell for online games, go to the eftel server and type #apprentice

LumpyFerret
October 20, 2003, 11:25 am
or you could hang out with your buddies and watch star wars.
and play dungeons and dragons, and argue about startreck.
and eat sliced cheese. And play magic cards, then some tobraider.