( search forums )
Bot commands
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Duke33
October 18, 2003, 7:52 am
Yes, this has been said before...i know. A couple of months ago, i believe. So, I dont pretend this is original. But, sure as hell, it hasnt been said for a damn long time. So bear with me.

I have always believed it could be cool if you could order the bots on your team (if you have one) around. Nothing complicated. Just 'ALL DEFEND BASE' or 'ALL ATTACK ENEMY' or 'ALL FOLLOW ME'. I suppose a mildly more complicated scheme could be made for commanding seperate individuals...I just had an idea. Anyone ever played Operation Flashpoint? When you press a specific F-number (along the top) it brings up a menu for the member of your team assigned to that number.
Theres a complicated menu where you can command him to do lots of stuff, using numbers to select stuff.
We wouldnt need anything fancy. Just commands to DEFEND BASE, HOLD GROUND, ATTACK ENEMY BASE, FOLLOW LEADER, AGGRESIVEand maybe a couple other really simple things.

So, the F1, F2... wouldnt work. So, maybe just numbers? I dont think it would interfere with anything.
This would be interesting because you would be able to have a better single player experience, something important for people with crappy/no internet connection or people who are just bored and want a cool experience.

So, opinions. Give ideas. Comon.

CardBoardWarrior
October 18, 2003, 6:37 pm
OMG YES lol i love this idea! Controllable bots would be tyte :p

NightCabbage
October 19, 2003, 2:26 am
Would be kinda cool, but I'd rather the AI just be improved so that they would just do the smartest thing anyway :)

Plus, it would suck if...

You tell all your bots to DEFEND THE BASE

Then when they are all there, you tell them to ATTACK!!!

Then a hoard (!) of bots come rampaging into the enemy base, making it easy to grab the flag and run :)

Duke33
October 19, 2003, 7:30 am
How...would...that...suck..? I dont get it. Explain.

But yeah, if the AI was improved this wouldnt be quite necessary. But, still, i think it would be cool.

NightCabbage
October 21, 2003, 2:05 am
It's just that there would then be 1 use for bots.

Mass them at your base, then tell them to attack.

When they attack, you get the flag.

w00? lol

CardBoardWarrior
October 21, 2003, 2:40 am
yeh...cheating...