( search forums )
Can't join servers and people can't join my server
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
2dope
October 18, 2003, 9:32 pm
It´'s like this: When i connect to a server its working fine, but i can't kill anyone and after like 30 seconds i get disconnected. And the people that trying to join my serveer get the same problem.

It's not funny, I hop someone can help me out here...[V]

My fafafaa:
Windows 98se
ADSL Broadband
ZoneAlarm (I've tryed shuting it down, no differense!)

Dark_Noddy
October 18, 2003, 11:34 pm
Post Specs That Are Rellevant.. Like.. Internet Con.. Who U get Ur Internet from, Ur Pc Specs... Etc

Hanz
October 20, 2003, 9:50 pm
You posted this before dident you?

NightCabbage
October 21, 2003, 1:27 am
Indeed he did.

I'll delete the other one, and put all relevant information here.

My guess would be that it's Zone Alarm causing the problem.

Even when you shut it down, it's still either hiding in the darkness, or some of the stuff it's blocked can become a problem...

But, do you actually get disconnected, or does it give an error, such as 'Wrong map version' ?

Amotea
October 21, 2003, 3:09 pm
I also have got this problem, but I haven't got any fwall/router/NAT or summit. When I join a server I'm able to walk around and shoot but can't kill any1 and they don't seem to see me. Then after 10 secs i get kicked out of the server :|

2dope
October 21, 2003, 3:57 pm
nope i just get disconnected no error and i have allowed soldat.exe in ZoneAlarm to.

:*( :*( :*( :*( :*( :*( God please help me!

palloco
October 22, 2003, 8:29 am
It may be a problem of your ISP that it is creating a high packet loss with Soldat. Do anyone else have that connection. For example with my ISP it does not matter the speed 128 or 256 k, I always have the same ping (0ver 280) except with national good servers, where it is highly decreased depending of speed. Had you tried to play with friends of your city?

palloco
October 23, 2003, 3:18 am
Then is probably or your ISP or your Internet config. The solution is either ask Comhem to improve conectivity(I doubt this works) or change of ISP. Ask other Swedish players for a good one. If that is not possible try downloading some of these programs that increase internet speed(from a reliable source, not from banners or you may be getting into problems), they change some registry values until they get the good ones, you may do this manually but is more complicated, if you can do it that way you can find info about it, I do not remember where I find it.
EDIT: http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php
TCP Optimizer, No program of this type had optimized my connection, but who knows if it may work for you?