( search forums )
Language filter
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
?
October 18, 2003, 10:36 pm
i heard a guy talking about it in dna games and its a great idea we need a language filter in soldat

Chakra
October 18, 2003, 11:09 pm
Only words i want blocked are 'noob', 'lame' and 'gay'.

Might help expand a few people's vocabulary...

Dark_Noddy
October 18, 2003, 11:26 pm
Question: Why ?

?
October 18, 2003, 11:29 pm
because some people don't liek to see cures words in every since sentense on the screen

eyic
October 18, 2003, 11:52 pm
I think that people should be able to filter there own words, it would be good if Michal made a txt thingo were you can put each word you want filtered per line :)

Dark_Noddy
October 19, 2003, 12:54 am
I still Dont Get it.. Whats the point of not allowing ppl Use What words they want ?! I think Fileters of any kind = [:-censored] !! Dont See What Harm id does if Som1 For instance Calls Me a Mother[:-censored]ing Son of a Bitch Ass raping cock sucking Whore !

Deleted User
October 19, 2003, 1:04 am
shut the fu*k up

lol

eyic
October 19, 2003, 1:10 am
quote:Originally posted by Dark_Noddy
I still Dont Get it.. Whats the point of not allowing ppl Use What words they want ?! I think Fileters of any kind = [:-censored] !! Dont See What Harm id does if Som1 For instance Calls Me a Mother[:-censored]ing Son of a Bitch Ass raping cock sucking Whore !

Dude somtimes filtering is good, for some personal reasons, just imagine ur mum or dad was behind you and then suddenly someone calls u a "coc.k sucker" and if u had the word c.ock filtered theyd jsut see somthing like **** or if you were able to change what you want the word to say, then you could change the word "co.ck" to lolly or somthing, then your parents would see "lolly sucker" and you wouldnt get into trouble....

Dark_Noddy
October 19, 2003, 1:24 am
LoL My parent Dont Give a Flying [:-censored] What Words I Use Or hear :D hehe So I dont Have That Problem.. But If This is Somthing That Ppl Would Bennifit from I guess I support it...

Urban2
October 19, 2003, 1:36 am
I Guess Your Parents Dont Give a Flying [:-censored] About Your Strange Use of Capitalization. But really, I like this idea, because my dad will come behind me and stand there watching, and when he does that I ahev to exit and make up some lame excuse about why I left.

NightCabbage
October 19, 2003, 6:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Urban2
But really, I like this idea, because my dad will come behind me and stand there watching, and when he does that I ahev to exit and make up some lame excuse about why I left.

LOL! That's gotta be fun hey!

But yeah, there should be a little text file that you can add words to filter. And an ingame command

eg.
/filter elephant

will now block the word elephant ;)

eyic
October 19, 2003, 6:56 am
you should be able to choose what you want the word to change to example, if u want cock to change to lolly in the text file u'd put

cock = lolly
[:-censored] = I like you

in each line theird be a new word to filter...

3rd_account
October 19, 2003, 10:23 am
Noo! We don't need to censor words like we lived in a dictarorship!

On the battlefield you are supose to express your feelings and [:-censored] like that.

frogboy
October 19, 2003, 10:28 am
It sounds optional, e.g. if the filter file is empty, nothing is filtered. It would probably be client side as well, only the one computer is affected.

palloco
October 19, 2003, 10:35 am
LOL, that filter would disallow the existence of the fu ck team

frogboy
October 19, 2003, 10:53 am
Just replace it with 'n00b' or something. Plus, it could partially translate sentences/words, and if someone who doesn't speak english comes on, and they say something thats in your filter list, it would be translated.

Dark_Noddy
October 19, 2003, 1:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by 3rd_account
Noo! We don't need to censor words like we lived in a dictarorship!

On the battlefield you are supose to express your feelings and [:-censored] like that.

I totally Agree :D

n/a
October 19, 2003, 5:48 pm
Or a button to ignore all the text ... that would be nice :)

Hmm..

Or... irc-a-like ' /ignore <Player's Nickname> ' (which ignores the players talking) that may be ...hmm... implemented too :)

g_omega
October 20, 2003, 10:57 am
yeah that would be a good idea.
I think a language filter where the words to be blocked could be in a text file, and words could be added or removed, i remember they had that in Tribes.

bLaStEr
October 20, 2003, 1:37 pm
.N.O.W.A.Y.!!!.N.O.A.N.Y.F.K.I.N.G.L.A.N.G.U.A.G.E.F.I.L.T.E.R.S.!!!
.T.H.E.Y.A.R.E.F.R.O.M.A.S.S.!!!

Thats all I wanted to say :)

Dark_Noddy
October 20, 2003, 4:56 pm
Perkele !! From Ass ? WTF ?! I Totally agree tho :D

?
October 20, 2003, 9:52 pm
i guess you all need to expend you vocabulary a littel bit, and for those that dont' understand what i said: Leern moor werds.

Dark_Noddy
October 21, 2003, 3:20 pm
LOL! Dude That reminded me of some dipsh1t i hate... hes like dyslectik and [:-censored].. Thats ok.. I dont mind retarded ppl.. BUT ! when he brags bout it and gets pissed off if WE mention it.. I HATE HIM !! AAARRG ! LOL ! U write like him tho.. (The last part) :D hehe

?
October 21, 2003, 9:49 pm
im glad you have retarded freinds but lets stay on topic shall we