( search forums )
New Mode: Jason
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sergioe16
October 19, 2003, 11:24 pm
In this mode there would be two teams, Tenagers and Jasons.

-At the start of the round one player will be Jason, the rest would be tenagers.

-When one tenager gets killed, he will become a Jason too.

-If a Jason dies, he is resurrected in a few seconds.

Tenagers get points for staying alive, Jason gets points for the kills he gets.

-The last tenager alive wins, and a new round is started.

-Jason may only use the chainsaw and should have a little more health and speed.

-Tenagers start with no weapons, but there would be some scatered power-ups through the map. They may only use fists, USOCOM, a knife, one grenade and maybe a flametrower.

-those who join an already started game should wait till the begining of next round.

-No medikits,berserker,stealth and jetpacks allowed.

A custom map for this mode would be needed, something like a cabin or a cementery with lots of bushes and trees to hide in.

I hope you like my idea!

Chakra
October 19, 2003, 11:32 pm
Very interesting idea. It's been done in other games under other stylings, but none the less it'd be fun in soldat. It'd need it's own maps for the event though...wouldn't be good on something like ctf_b2b. Krab'd be cool, mind...

kkazican
October 19, 2003, 11:43 pm
Hmmmmmmm sounds like last man standing. Except it gets gradually harder as more people keep turning into the enemy. Sounds fun. Except what will jason have? Knife? Sounds cool.

CardBoardWarrior
October 19, 2003, 11:51 pm
Jason will have a chainsaw of course!!!! omg duh! this would be a cool new game mode, we need some new ones.

kkazican
October 20, 2003, 12:11 am
chainsaw? But I always thought he was known for a knife? Or am I thinking of Mike Myers?

CardBoardWarrior
October 20, 2003, 12:24 am
well u must b thinking of mike myers or some one else, but jason is chainsaw dude.

peemonkey
October 20, 2003, 1:46 am
well, jason also was a big a55 machete man, though he's used a weed-whacker, baseball bat, and a whole array of other up-close and personal weapons. why not make these avaliable in jason mode? twould be sweet.

CardBoardWarrior
October 20, 2003, 2:52 am
heh yeah why not...

koil
October 20, 2003, 3:31 am
well, i like this idea, but if theres only 'one spot' for a new game mode, then i wouldnt like him to be the one.

Duke33
October 20, 2003, 4:11 am
Umm. The concept is sorta cool. In fact, i like the concept. But could we please not use 'Jasons' and 'Teenagers'. Sorry, i just think it would be better if we didnt copy Hollywood that much...Anyway, dont know if it will be made, but nice idea :D. In a way.

palloco
October 20, 2003, 8:34 am
Seems like boring at the beginning, you have to catch a teenager twice to kill him, and those teenagers fly!.Very difficult for the Jason, specially when he cannot win

Gaah
October 20, 2003, 9:10 am
What about changing it to Covert Ops - Silent Killer? You have pretty transperant clothing which is hard to spot if ure in bushes, and hardish to see if ure in the open. u have a knife or some other kind of silent close range weapon. maybe you just have the invisibility thing indefinately but when you shoot a gun too much/use jetpack too much you become slighly visible and you have to wait like 10-15 seconds till you go back to full invisible. Who ever kills the covert ops guy picks up his gear (black clothing or something) and takes on his role...

NuZZ
October 20, 2003, 9:32 am
Sounds like something suggested in beta test forums :o
But a more... Sh!t version

frogboy
October 20, 2003, 11:05 am
Instead of Jasons, how about Zombie Last-Man-Standing mode. Same Idea, except Jason is replaced by zombies.

TIR_Blade
October 20, 2003, 12:23 pm
...no.... How about just making a Man Hunt mode? 1 Person starts as the one it. Then if he kills ne1 else then they are it with him. I think its better than some Jason vs Teenagers or even Zombie Last-Man-Standing mode. But thats only me :D

DeafBox
October 20, 2003, 12:54 pm
I like Jason mode slaying corrupt teenagers would be cool. A special skin with the white hockey mask could be made. That would rock. Unfortunately i can never see it working or happening :(

Michael_1280
October 21, 2003, 2:26 pm
I like it.

Frosty
October 21, 2003, 7:33 pm
If the last teenager alive wins, then what is the reasoning behind giving jason any points?

sergioe16
October 21, 2003, 9:24 pm
In case every tenager dies and or there is a time limit. I like the idea of man hunt mode with all the weapons, but i still like the chainsaw madness more.

KAMIKAZE VIKING
October 21, 2003, 9:31 pm
hmmm sounds like a good idea![:D]

MisterX
October 21, 2003, 9:33 pm
Sounds pretty funny. I would like to see this in Soldat